Author Topic: Lower spli voices  (Read 431 times)

Offline meyrick

Lower spli voices
« on: April 04, 2017, 02:46:50 AM »
I have a Tyros 4 and Piaggero 31. Can anyone tell me how to setup the lower split voices with the TRX System. I had it all working very recently but for some unknown reason it has stopped completely, and freezes all Styles and OTS links. Have tried reinstalling the split voices but get the same result.
Any help gratefully accepted.
Thanks

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: Lower spli voices
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 07:40:59 AM »
If you have a TRX system, then I assume that you were supplied with a MIDI Set Up file (.MSU) which should set the MIDI transmit and receive parameters correctly.

If you have somehow selected a different MIDI template (via a System Reset for example), this will remain as the selected template, and may be the cause of your problem.

User MIDI templates are saved to the USER drive, and so the TRX one may still be there.

To check, press Function > MIDI.

The display should open showing the MIDI template currently in use, highlighted.   Note down the name and drive of the highlighted template.  Is it on the PRESET or USER drive?   If it is on the PRESET drive then it is one of the preset templates, and is unlikely to be the template for use with the TRX setup.

If necessary Tab to the USER drive and check the names to see if any of the listed templates here might be the TRX one.

If you see a template on the USER drive that has a different name to one of those on the PRESET drive, then this must be a User template and could be the TRX one, unless you have added your own User MIDI templates.

Try selecting the possible template and see if this restores the TRX functionality.

If this doesn't work you can select the same template that was in use when you started the check to return the system to the state that it was in at that time.

Regards

Ian
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 07:42:28 AM by tyrosaurus »

Offline meyrick

Re: Lower spli voices
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 09:49:42 PM »
Hello Ian.
Thanks for the early reply. As soon as I read your reply, I realised the problem. I can't think how the (.MSU) got disconnected, goodness knows what I did.
However, I have followed the install directions which came with the TRX system, from the UTILITY page, to reset the MIDI SETUP FILES and the concluding instructions.
I am very pleased to report, everything is working as it should.
I am most grateful to you for the time you have taken to assist with my problem.
Kindest Regards
Graham M