Author Topic: How to scroll?  (Read 854 times)

Offline Ingar

How to scroll?
« on: March 20, 2017, 10:50:22 AM »
I use a Android Device for my songs (pdf) and use it in landscape All text is on one page. Now I scroll with a finger when I play, but want a pedal to scroll with. What gear can I use? How do you solve that folks?
Regards Ingar

Offline Fred Smith

Re: How to scroll?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 12:20:21 PM »
I use a Android Device for my songs (pdf) and use it in landscape All text is on one page. Now I scroll with a finger when I play, but want a pedal to scroll with. What gear can I use? How do you solve that folks?
Regards Ingar

What app do you use?

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Ingar

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 01:59:33 AM »
I use Adobe Acrobat for my PDF files

Do I need a special app ?
Ingar

Offline Ingar

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 09:40:14 AM »
I would hope that this pedal would scroll Down the page for me but maybee not?

http://www.pageflip.com/

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 11:06:49 AM »
In looking at the documentation, the pedal is simulating a PageDown command. That's not the same as scrolling. The pedal is expecting you have multi-page PDFs, but in your case "all text is on one page". So I'm doubting it will solve your problem.

There are apps like SongBook where you can program in the scroll rate for each song.

My bet is you will need either an app which supports scrolling, or break up your PDFs into multiple pages so the pedal can turn the page for you.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Ingar

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2017, 12:53:15 AM »
Yes I suspect that. Guess I have to keep use my thump as a scrolltool. But maybee a pagedown function will work if it parts the page in two? What do you think about that? Mabybee i can miss a line or two?

Best Regard Ingar

Offline jpcoco

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2017, 10:00:33 PM »
To read scores on my Android tablet  I use  MobileSheet with a bluetooth pedal. This app is very versatile and does allow scrolling.
Regards
Jean Paul
Tyros 5 - Korg Kronos