Author Topic: GENOS AVAILABLE IN SEPTEMBER 2017 ?  (Read 15558 times)

Offline Jeff Hollande

GENOS AVAILABLE IN SEPTEMBER 2017 ?
« on: January 09, 2017, 12:44:03 AM »

Today I have been told the Genos will be available - for sale - in September 2017.

I really wonder if this rumor is correct. ::)

Usually Yamaha are launching their highend keyboard at the end of a year, right ?

Jeff

DAWS MAC & WIN

The following users thanked this post: thomas750

Offline Oldden

Re: GENOS AVAILABLE IN SEPTEMBER 2017 ?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 01:24:53 AM »
Just a link to info about Yamaha GENOS trademark progress

https://trademarks.justia.com/870/87/genos-87087567.html

Den

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 03:28:12 AM »
I still think it is anyone's guess but launch is usually around end September beginning October.

Offline Jeff Hollande

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 05:11:22 AM »
Thank you for your feedback, Jeff
DAWS MAC & WIN

Offline Joe H

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 03:34:45 PM »
All this discussion about the next arranger makes me feel like I'm at the train station... and I'm looking down the tracks waiting for the next train to arrive.    ;D

We know it's coming.. and it's behind schedule.   :'(   And there are rumors it's got a new engine with faster speeds and pulling some luxury cars that we will really enjoy riding in.

8)    ::)     ???

Can you hear it coming? 

;D    ;D    ;D

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 03:56:45 AM »
I don't think it is behind schedule I believe Yamaha decided to get the new Montage launched first this time round. Then they looked towards the new Arranger flag ship.
  Personally I never believe anything until I hear it from Yamaha its self. In the meantime enjoy what you have. Life is very short.

Offline maartenb

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 05:19:57 AM »
Today I have been told the Genos will be available - for sale - in September 2017.
Hi Jeff,

Without giving away your source, can you give us some background on your source? How credible is it?

Thanks,

Maarten

Offline pjd

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 05:32:47 AM »
"In the meantime enjoy what you have. Life is very short."

Amen! There's another train coming down the tracks and none of us really wants to get on board.  :o ;)

All the best -- pj

Offline Jeff Hollande

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2017, 09:44:56 AM »
Hi Maarten,

A Belgian enduser sent me a message by e-mail.
Reliable ? I really do not know.

Cheers, Jeff
DAWS MAC & WIN

Offline EileenL

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2017, 05:16:49 AM »
Even Yamaha's own people don't get any news until a couple of weeks before launch when shop managers are invited to see it and get information but are all not allowed to say anything until Yamaha make it official.
  Just be patient and it will come along when ready.

Online Roger Brenizer

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2017, 12:31:11 PM »
I grow weary of all this talk about Yamaha's next arranger, although I'm guilty of reading all the posts about various member's speculations.

This always reminds me of the man who prayed saying; Lord, I would really appreciate it if you would give me patience, but I want it now!!!

I doubt all of our pleading will change Yamaha's mind about it's next flagship.  I still love my Tyros 4.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page

Offline EileenL

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2017, 03:23:20 PM »
Yes Roger you are right and Yamaha will make improvements that they see as necessary to keep there customers happy and that will work correctly.

Offline Qiqone

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2017, 04:52:36 AM »
It would be nice to have something like this

https://youtu.be/_cBcO0Ng294

Offline J. Larry

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2017, 09:21:20 PM »
I love all this speculation and intrigue.  Meanwhile, Iím perfectly content with my two Yamaha arrangers, on which Iíve barely scratched the surface.  And, yes, Iíll probably move up to the next model, if resources allow.  Meanwhile, Iím satisfied with what Iíve got and splitting my time with the latest Band In A Box software, which provides great styles for live performance.  My gigging buddies claim to prefer BIAB tracks over the Yamaha arranger styles.  Thatís them, not me.

Offline Keyboardist

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2017, 07:33:09 AM »
More More More never enough ;D We like what we have now ;then Ut OOooo  :o then next board gets are interest and then we want that.Moore goodies better sounds etc
Must say I would like to try it when it finally becomes available and see what Yamaha has up there sleeve.
Guess its just the human nature thing but we do have a lot to thankful for already and what we have.
Craig
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 07:34:22 AM by Keyboardist »
Arranger Workstations
My Performer Page

Offline EileenL

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2017, 07:47:26 AM »
What ever the new keyboard has on it you will always get people who want more or are not happy with the way the piano's sound. Still that is what keeps these forums busy at the end of the day.

Offline Keyboardist

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2017, 08:23:52 AM »
And also Yamaha in Business Eileen

Craig
Arranger Workstations
My Performer Page

Offline EileenL

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2017, 04:12:39 AM »
Yes Craig,
  That's the best thing.

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2017, 04:53:14 AM »
I'm sure it will a decent piece of kit.  However, unless Yamaha change their pricing policy whereby their TOTL arranger is pretty much the most expensive one out there I believe a lot of people will look elsewhere for their next upgrade.   A lot of folk kept their T4 and did not upgrade to the Tyros 5 because it was too expensive.   Those same people are still in the market for a reasonably priced new board.  The likes of Korg and Ketron are looking more attractive these days. 

In addition, Yamaha's policy of charging for everything, excluding OS updates, in respect of software has not really helped their value for money image.  Other manufacturers supply a combination of styles and voices free of charge as part of their ongoing support for customers.   Musicsoft do nothing but keep increasing prices.

My Tyros boards have served me well and I do not regret buying them.  However, Yamaha will not be selling me another over-priced arranger unless they come in at a price point that competes with the competition.   I'm not holding my breath.

Tyros 4 & Bose

Offline EileenL

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2017, 06:30:47 AM »
Korg used to give a few free styles but they were not that good. I don't know of any others.
   Not every one would want extra styles and Packs for there keyboards but the choice is there if you do. All hobby's or equipment for professional work has extra's that people want to or have to buy. Why should Yamaha be any different.
  My son has very expensive Camera's but has to buy many extra's to give him what he want's to achieve.

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2017, 07:05:36 AM »
Korg still give excellent free styles to owners as do Ketron.  I do not think you will find many people who are not happy to receive free manufacturer software.  Certainly not something Yamaha ever provide. 

I've supported Yamaha products for over 20 years but I honestly believe their products are getting too expensive compared to the competition who are offering equally good instruments and mostly offer better value for money. 
Tyros 4 & Bose

Offline Qiqone

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2017, 12:33:57 AM »
Opinions....

Best styles however in my opinion are still Ketron styles... funny things, what makes styles good, its not technical things, its the musicallity of the creators..  and thats where Ketron styles shine...

And that is the biggest dillema for me.

I just can not hear that sound quality from t5 and pa4x, and what I'm really interesting in is: Could pa4x sound better than sd9 after all tweaking and editting???

I realy excpect from t6 or genos to look more like montage (more proffesional), sound like sd9 and editable like pa4!!!

Offline stuart301980

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2017, 09:10:28 AM »
I've heard from a Yamaha rep that there is going to be an announcement in September for the new flagship keyboard

Offline EileenL

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2017, 04:25:03 AM »
Yes that sounds about right. Start saving :D

Offline Mendel

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2017, 03:53:03 PM »
im toooooo excited for the next arranger  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
also hope the ganos/tyros 6 will be just like the sleek modern looking montage UI and UX and it will be touch screen

Mendel!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 04:10:18 PM by Mendel »

Offline Lloyd E

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2017, 12:20:23 PM »
I think Yamaha is getting ready to launch the new Genos in the fall. I know a person who ordered a T-5-76 from a dealer and the dealer was told by Yamaha
that one was not available to at least August, To me that means they are ridding themselves of inventory in preparation for the new model. Lloyd
Music is the way to go

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2017, 11:19:19 PM »
I was at my dealer's last week, and he stopped stocking T5's because he's more or less certain that a successor will be announced in Q4.
---
Yamaha Tyros 5 76

Online beano

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2017, 10:44:08 AM »
went to my local wetherspoons asked for a pint of abbot

reserve...yep you guessed it not available ...there you go another clue to the fact trhe genos  is coming in september....any more

Offline J. Larry

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2017, 01:17:31 PM »
If a new arranger does show up called the Genos, then, how big a surprise will that be?  Everyoneís been using that term for months.  Maybe Yamaha should really surprise the market with a clever name and keyboard that no one has even suspected.

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2017, 04:30:51 PM »

"In the meantime enjoy what you have. Life is very short."

Amen! There's another train coming down the tracks and none of us really wants to get on board.  :o ;)

All the best -- pj

Right on!!

« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 04:37:31 PM by stephenm52 »
Yamaha  Clavinova CVP 307, PSR s970, Korg Pa4x-76
PSR Performer Page  -  Steve's Gig Disks

Offline soundphase

« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2017, 07:32:47 AM »
In France, I had confirmation from my reseller yesterday for a new flagship before the end of this year. No more information, but "validated" by his own Yamaha contact.

Offline Halesowen Kid

« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2017, 08:59:06 AM »
Hi Guys,

I've been informed today by a dealer here in the UK, that he has received an from Yamaha to invitation to attend the launch to 400 worldwide dealers of the Genos in Berlin, Germany on the 18th September 2017..... ;D

Offline EileenL

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2017, 12:40:56 PM »
Seems about right. So we should know soon after what is on the new board.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2017, 02:36:55 PM »
It would be nice to have something like this

https://youtu.be/_cBcO0Ng294

You can have that now if you combine vst with Tyros 5 via a Daw.
Play the vst stum on channel 1 and that does not interfere with the left hand side for accompianment.
Play any vst instrument that way with the Tyros live
Other than that multi-track 

« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 10:38:22 PM by Keyboard Master »

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2017, 06:54:21 PM »
I have purchased mine, Frank at Audioworks, in Conn. says November

Offline alanclare

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2017, 11:39:54 PM »
I grow weary of all this talk about Yamaha's next arranger, although I'm guilty of reading all the posts about various member's speculations.

This always reminds me of the man who prayed saying; Lord, I would really appreciate it if you would give me patience, but I want it now!!!

I doubt all of our pleading will change Yamaha's mind about it's next flagship.  I still love my Tyros 4.

That's a good maxim for life, Roger. Stick to the one you love, irrespective of what may lie just around the corner. I love my 970.

Alan