Author Topic: V console  (Read 46560 times)

Offline John T4

V console
« on: September 28, 2016, 09:55:23 AM »
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 09:57:40 AM by John T4 »

Matrix

Re: V console
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 11:53:13 AM »
Comes with a whopping price tag, and for something that you can do on your keyboard for free.
I shall stick to the old fashioned way and do it on my keyboard.
Thanks for posting the link anyway  :)

Offline John T4

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 02:36:52 PM »
I'm not sure you can do the splits lower keyboard on the current system or as many layers as it implies you can do but it does have a hefty price tag but that because obviously includes the tablet that runs on

Marcus

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 02:58:57 PM »
Interesting, and new to me, but too expensive for the limited control or limited access to all the Tyros 5 assets. Can be useful for a twin keyboard setup with bass pedals, but for the rare occasion where I setup my backup Tyros into a twinset, I easily setup both keyboards through registration saves, plus have access to all the Tyros assets, functions, and mixing console settings.

Maybe useful for someone who owns a Tyros and another Yamaha board, and uses a twin setup all the time and want that basic organ type control over both keyboards at a time. Since my backup/gigging Tyros is kept identical to my home studio version and usually kept stored or on location, I would not benefit from such an interface/console since I am not in twinset setup 100% of the time. However, nothing really new there that you couldn't do through the Tyros 5 registration saves and OTS settings, and no mention if the user can enter/exit or control Ensemble and Organ World through this controller program. 

Regards, Marcus

Offline pjd

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 03:05:50 PM »
The price tag caught my eye immediately. It includes a Windows 10 tablet. Hmmm, that's OK if you want Windows 10 and you can use the tablet for other things. But, I doubt if many iPad users will toss away their iPad and adopt V-Console.

All of these concerns make me question their business model. Maybe it would  be better to sell the app alone and stay away from the hardware biz?

Still, I wish them all the luck in the world!

-- pj

CalUKGR

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 03:38:36 PM »
The price tag caught my eye immediately. It includes a Windows 10 tablet. Hmmm, that's OK if you want Windows 10 and you can use the tablet for other things. But, I doubt if many iPad users will toss away their iPad and adopt V-Console.

All of these concerns make me question their business model. Maybe it would  be better to sell the app alone and stay away from the hardware biz?

Still, I wish them all the luck in the world!

-- pj

Precisely. On the face of it, a pretty good app that I'm sure many of us would find quite handy (always nice to see new T5 software), but by tying it into the purchase of a Windows 10 tablet they've effectively priced themselves out of most people's willingness to purchase.

How about just porting and selling the software as an app for iPad owners? I'd be more inclined to consider a purchase if that were the case.

Offline emasters

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2016, 04:15:59 PM »
Seems like the value is in the software running on the tablet (assume using MIDI SysEx to control the Tyros).  Interesting that they choose to bundle a tablet versus just sell the software.  If it was a modest incremental cost for software only, might be of interest.  But the full-on hardware solution is expensive, considering it's an enhancement to the existing Tyros hardware interface.  IMHO... nice job with the software app -- costly bundling with the tablet.

FredrikC

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2016, 09:05:58 PM »
Precisely. On the face of it, a pretty good app that I'm sure many of us would find quite handy (always nice to see new T5 software), but by tying it into the purchase of a Windows 10 tablet they've effectively priced themselves out of most people's willingness to purchase.

How about just porting and selling the software as an app for iPad owners? I'd be more inclined to consider a purchase if that were the case.

OR, for those of us who already own Windows 10 tablets (Dell Venue Pro 11 running Windows 10 Professional on a 500 Gig SSD), why would I want to buy a second tablet?  If they sold the software alone, it would probably find many a home.  And that doesn't even require porting it to another platform.

Offline John T4

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2017, 10:44:08 AM »
I have just brought one of these. It is not possible to do most of the things it does from the tyros, I believe.
Also you cannot layer 8 voices on the right hand and 8 voices on the left hand, and in fact have each voice assigned its own key range if you want,
So I find it very cleaver, expensive, but cleaver

regards

Offline jimlaing

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2017, 11:41:56 PM »
Hi - Interesting - I too wonder how they are doing this - I don't know of any way, with just the Tyros5, to make it do 8 splits, or make it layer 8 sounds under a single note played.

I'll look forward to a review of the unit, and its ease of use, etc.  I'd think one would need lots of polyphony to make it work well if you did a lot of layer with right hand, left hand AND pedal, plus had a "dense" style playing.  I know I run out of voices with my own registrations when I use some styles that are very "dense" or "rich" with sounds, plus my using R1, R2, R3 all with sounds that may use more than one internal 'voice' per sound. 

Looking forward to some reviews of this unit!
-Jim
Raleigh, NC, USA / Genos / Tyros5-61 / Lucas Nana 600 / other stuff

Online EileenL

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2017, 11:58:23 PM »

Offline voodoo

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2017, 01:54:16 PM »
Hi - Interesting - I too wonder how they are doing this - I don't know of any way, with just the Tyros5, to make it do 8 splits, or make it layer 8 sounds under a single note played.

I guess it's just a matter if MIDI routing. There are 16 channels free for song playback, in addition to keyboard and style play, so they can be used from any external source.
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

Offline jimlaing

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2017, 03:22:35 PM »
Hmm, so it must be that a note played is relayed through the app, then back to the Tyros, to make it all work?
-Jim

Offline voodoo

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2017, 03:25:12 PM »
Hmm, so it must be that a note played is relayed through the app, then back to the Tyros, to make it all work?
-Jim

Yes, exactly.
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Nord Electro 5D

Offline jimlaing

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2017, 06:06:49 PM »
To John T4:

Any chance you'll write up a review of this unit? 
Ease of use, the kinds of features you found you liked/used the most, etc.?

Thanks!
Jim

Keynote31

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2017, 01:55:36 PM »
Shame about the hefty price tag, I would love one but my budget as a retiree would not cover it, but as I already have a laptop and an iPad, and certainly don't want yet another peice of hardware I would serriously consider buying the app if it was realisticly priced.....Hopefully,maybe someone will write a similar program in the future??

Offline overover

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2017, 05:35:51 AM »
Seems the website is down now....

Please use one of these links: :)

---> http://www.tyrosmagic.com

---> http://www.tyrosmagic.com/v-console

Regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Keynote31

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2017, 02:46:52 PM »
Sound like my prayers are answered, I shall be looking at that right away.
Many thanks
Eric

FredrikC

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2017, 01:49:41 PM »
Anyone shelved the £700 for the software...

For half that money you get Varranger, which can do so much more then adding only 4 more voices...

Varranger with a Tyros 5?  I thought about Varranger with my Kronos before I bought the Tyros, and the additional capabilities are obvious.  What would the additional capabilities be with a Tyros, which already has an arranger built in, etc.

Chalky

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2017, 12:41:48 AM »
Hi all,
I purchased a V-Console several weeks ago and I am so pleased I did. I know it is a bit costly but decided to spend a bit of the kids inheritance!! I am from an organ background and so miss having an up-to-date organ with the new and brilliant voices; I bought a Yamaha EL900 a year or two ago to get back to playing an organ and although a very good instrument I was finding it difficult to get back into setting up registrations for my musical tastes. Quite a few years ago I bought the Orla Traditional unit to use with my then Tyros 4 - with some MIDI tweeking I was able to set up some reasonable organ-type settings. However, the V-Console has bought the organ back to me with the full range of the Tyros 5 Voices and the ability for a number of splits on all keyboards. Not only can you set up registrations with eight voices to allocate to Upper, Lower and Pedal but you can combine this with your existing registrations to combine an additional 4 voices. Now I am sure that some of you are able to do this already but, for me I am not that clever -an age thing methinks!!

I am not too sure this would be a good buy for someone using a Tyros without additional keyboard/pedalboard but for those using an additional lower keyboard and pedals it is brilliant.

I have to admit that it hasn't been easy setting it all up and getting it to work as I would like but, John Beasley, who developed it, has been so helpful and is a delight to talk to - customer service at its best - that I am now in control of it, if you know what I mean.

If you have a Tyros 5 with lower keyboard and Bass Pedals then this unit is brilliant.

I would be delighted to hear from other forum members who are using the V-Console to swap ideas etc..

Best regards

Chalky

Spirit of the old South

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2017, 12:06:09 PM »
allmost 1000 euro?

and all it gives is an easy access to sounds and features you allready own?
No new sounds
No sounds improvements
Just easy access at 1000 euro's

and it requires a windows 10 tablet with touchscreen on top of that, making it 2000 euro's for adding nothing new at all.

Offline terryB

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2017, 04:51:52 PM »
Hey Spirit of the old South that wrong
The £700 Vconsole  includes the tablet.
I saw a demo at a Yamaha weekend do back in October and its a great tool for a multi keyboard set up.

Cheers
Terry

Offline jimlaing

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2017, 03:35:16 PM »
To those that purchased it ... a couple of questions:

1) How long does the battery last, to run this app on the Tablet, connected to a Tyros, on batteries only?

2) Can you still use your Tyros Right1, Right2, and Right3 as you did before, or does the app require (for example) that Right1 always be "on" for the app to work?

Thanks!
Jim

Chalky

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2017, 09:59:20 PM »
Hi Jim,
In answer to your questions:
1. I don't know as I always have it plugged into mains
2. You don't need any voice select buttons switched on to operate V-Console which gives you 8 voices to play with and these can be allocated to any areas of the keyboards you like. But if you do want an additional 4 voice parts you can indeed add them to the mix as well. Thus you can have 12 voice parts in total - even this is a bit over the top for me but it is possible. V-Console has its own voice map which can be added to if say you have loaded additional voices to you Tyros.

There is a bypass mode if you wish to stick with some of your previous registrations - nothing is lost. John Beesley is putting together some tutorial videos to give advice on integrating the V-Console with your existing registrations.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Chalky

Offline jimlaing

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2017, 08:37:50 PM »
I'm curious if anyone else has bought one of these, and about their thoughts?  I'm thinking about it for my Tyros5 ... I don't have pedals but could use it for additional L and R sounds.  And I suppose I could add another small MIDI keyboard, set to the MIDI channel assigned for "Pedals", to have another keyboard attached to the Tyros?

I like the idea (as shown on the video about V-Console) about using Velocity to bring in a sound, almost like having 2nd Touch like on a theatre organ ??

Curious to hear about people's experience with the V-Console ...

Thanks!
Jim

Online EileenL

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2017, 03:38:36 PM »
A couple of people I know had this but also had a lot of trouble with it. One sent his back as even with Johns help did not work out for him. I suppose like most things you have to try it yourself.

Offline loendersloot

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2017, 01:23:01 PM »
V console now also available as software only version.

http://www.tyrosmagic.com/v-console

Makes it maybe more interesting.

Offline jimlaing

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2017, 07:03:33 PM »
Well, I took the "plunge" and bought a V-Console.  It just arrived today, so I literally have not tried it yet.  I'm sure I'll be doing a lot of experimentation with it, and likely I'll start to create my own V-Console registrations ... I'm not even sure how I'm going to approach it at first ... will have to try the Registrations that come with it ("Showcase") and get some ideas, then learn how to set my own up.

It should be fun - I'm looking forward to being able to easily/quickly add additional layers to sounds, such as the ability to quickly add a "Glockenspiel" or Xylophone or Marimba on top of an existing registration, to add variety on a 2nd or 3rd verse of a song.  Or being able to layer in some light, "8va" strings to an orchestral sound I may already have.  And to having a more "organ-like" experience when I play theatre-organ style or Classical-organ music.

I'm also looking forward to being able to have a left-hand sound to play when I have "Ensemble" voices going (Tyros5 Ensemble voices "steal" all 4 parts: L, R1, R2, R3) since I like having a sound on Left so I can add my own nuances with my left hand as I play.  Playing with Ensembles, while using Styles, felt 'weird' to me since my Left hand sound was "nothing" (no sound).

Anyway, it'll be interesting to (eventually) share ideas and such with other V-Console owners ...
Jim

Marcus

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2017, 09:01:34 PM »
Well, I took the "plunge" and bought a V-Console.  It just arrived today, so I literally have not tried it yet.  I'm sure I'll be doing a lot of experimentation with it, and likely I'll start to create my own V-Console registrations ... I'm not even sure how I'm going to approach it at first ... will have to try the Registrations that come with it ("Showcase") and get some ideas, then learn how to set my own up.

It should be fun - I'm looking forward to being able to easily/quickly add additional layers to sounds, such as the ability to quickly add a "Glockenspiel" or Xylophone or Marimba on top of an existing registration, to add variety on a 2nd or 3rd verse of a song.  Or being able to layer in some light, "8va" strings to an orchestral sound I may already have.  And to having a more "organ-like" experience when I play theatre-organ style or Classical-organ music.

I'm also looking forward to being able to have a left-hand sound to play when I have "Ensemble" voices going (Tyros5 Ensemble voices "steal" all 4 parts: L, R1, R2, R3) since I like having a sound on Left so I can add my own nuances with my left hand as I play.  Playing with Ensembles, while using Styles, felt 'weird' to me since my Left hand sound was "nothing" (no sound).

Anyway, it'll be interesting to (eventually) share ideas and such with other V-Console owners ...
Jim
Hi Jim
Definitely give us any feedback into your findings. For complex voice registrations and splits, V console could come in handy. I do find it interesting because I do use a twinset setup with midi pedals.

When I use "Ensemble", I use AI Full Keyboard fingering when playing along to a style. Any four notes on the keyboard (LH-RH) can control the style chording, plus a fifth ensemble voice automatically assigned to the midi bass pedals. In your case, you can edit and save your Ensemble voices with the option of Key Assign Type - 4 Voice Incremental2-from lowest. In other words, your lowest played note (LH) takes precedence over all your played notes, so that your LH playing is always active while playing along with styles while in Ensemble mode.

I typically will setup an edited Ensemble registration sound bank (or style OTS Ensemble voice saves) with the Ensemble Key Assign Type - 4 Voice Incremental2-from highest. Part 4 corresponds to the RH-3 voice. So a 4 part String Ensemble edit might have a Cello assigned to Part 4. So playing from highest to lowest note, my forth played note is the Cello voice, yet I can get automatically get a nice bass cello played by my midi bass pedals. While in Organ World, the assigned RH-3 organ voice automatically get translated to my midi bass pedals.

Everything in my Tyros 5 twinset, works out fine through registrations and OTS style saves. I think I can wait till the next Tyros/Genos model to see what Yamaha comes up with before perhaps considering the V-Console for myself.

Marcus 

Offline voodoo

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2017, 12:12:34 PM »
and all it gives is an easy access to sounds and features you allready own?
No new sounds
No sounds improvements
Just easy access at 1000 euro's

No, it does not give new sounds.

But it extends the number of parts (left, right1, right2, right3) from four to eight. So with V Concole you can split and layer up to eight sounds. This is a real new function. And by this, it can bring improvements to sounds.

Will I spent 1000€ for this? I don't think so. But it is a real clever idea for those who can use it.
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Nord Electro 5D

Offline jimlaing

« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2017, 12:29:34 PM »
It actually does that, but a lot more.  First, it *adds* 8 sounds, so you can have (if you wanted), L, R1, R2, R3 plus 8 more.  I don't tend to use all 8 at once; I will add in 1 or 2 or 3 etc., and I can vary quickly as I go throughout a song.  Also, you can split and layer any way you want.  You can also set it so that a sound only comes in if you play with Velocity over 100 (for example) - great for "horn stabs").  You can freely modify/edit each of the 8 voices.

Then you can have 8 Registrations (on the V-Console) accessible immediately, with any combination of the 8 sounds - on your "upper" (right) and "lower" (left), and if you have an extra keyboard or MIDI pedalboard, you can assign sounds to that too.  There are 16 banks of those 8 Registrations, for 128 total.  (then you can load another file for another 128 etc. if you wanted to).  For each of the 8 sounds, you can freely modify many things, such as overall Volume, split/layer, amount of Reverb/Chorus, amount of DSP, velocity response, EQ, filter, Attack, Release, etc. etc.

For me, I have some V-Console "registrations" on which no sounds are "on" yet; I add them as I want, on top of my existing Tyros registrations for a given song, as I play the song.  Such as adding in a layer of "8va strings" or layering in a Glockenspiel for a chorus, then later layering Soft Horns to make my left-hands chords sound a bit fuller/different. 

So, it adds the ability to layer and split 8 additional sounds, which you can quickly choose from (on or off) like you would on a pipe organ.  I've only had it a couple of weeks, but one way I use it is to have various Registrations with whatever 8 sounds I want to add/layer ... on top of the Tyros Registrations that I already have and use.

So far, I have just created V-Console registrations for things like when I play a Classical piece, with 'appropriate' sounds to add and layer in.  Another Reg. for jazz/standards, with various sounds I may want to add in.  Another is for film score type music, another Reg. that I set up is for "Show tunes".  Each has completely different sounds and settings, that I 'design' as ones that will work with songs of that genre.  Another for ballads, another for pipe organ so I can add in various layers as I play a song.  I have only had it a couple of weeks, so that's all I've created so far (wish I were retired and had more time!!)

-Jim

The following users thanked this post: dragon

Offline voodoo

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2017, 03:36:48 PM »
Jim,

thank you for this interesting report. As I said, I find this idea very clever, to have an additional set of 8 sounds at hand, and this only works by clever midi routing to the channels of the Tyros, that would normally play midi files. And your explanations show, that the possibilities are really great.

Uli
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Nord Electro 5D

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2017, 08:25:28 PM »
Hi Jim,

I've followed this topic since it was first posted, but have never commented.  Thank you so much for this interesting report and your personal discoveries about the V-Console.  This goes to prove that new concepts and software are invaluable in the hands of a skilled technician and musician.

I'm certain you will discover more as time ensues.  Please keep our community informed, as to your findings, with the passage of time.  :) :) :)
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

Offline jimlaing

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2017, 09:05:56 PM »
Here is a photo of my Tyros5 with the V-Console attached.  I don't have the V-Console yet placed into a permanent place; just propped it up on the music rack for now (where I usually put my iPad for reading music).  I'll eventually find a way to mount it to my rack in some way (although i'm running out of 'real-estate' since I have several gadgets already attached to my Tyros, as you see in the photo!)

-Jim

[attachment deleted by admin]

Rondonc

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2017, 09:36:56 PM »
I am seriously considering purchasing the software as I already have an iPad.
I have always longed for a third right hand voice on my CVP605 if available, so this would solve the problem and some. Has anyone else used it in conjunction with a Clavi?
Cheers
Ron

Offline terryB

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2017, 08:27:19 AM »
Ron Before you purchase the software, check you can use it with Ipad. I think you can use it with windows 10 devices only.

Cheers Terry

Rondonc

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2017, 12:21:36 PM »
Thank you Terry, you are so right. I would need to purchase a tablet running W10, which dampens my enthusiasm slightly.
Has anybody any further suggestions regarding adding an extra right hand voice to the Clavinova, other than multitrack.
Ron

Offline terryB

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2017, 01:25:23 PM »
Jim
When I saw the V console demo back in Oct at a Yamaha weekend, the demonstrator had it fixed to a tablet holder on a floor mounted stand to the side of the keyboard, which kept the music stand clear.

Cheers
Terry

Offline jimlaing

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2017, 01:52:49 PM »
Responding to a few notes:

Yes, it is a Windows program.  I am mainly a Mac and iPad user, so I bought his "complete kit" with a nice compact Windows tablet. 

And yes, I plan to clear off my music stand once I figure out exactly how and where I'll mount the V-Console more permanently.  Well, semi-permanently, as I'll need to be able to take it on gigs as well as use it on my home setup ...

Jim

Offline keyplayer

« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2017, 05:57:13 PM »
message for jim (or anybody else here with a V console)
Hope you are enjoying your V console. I am thinking of investing in one and wondered if you would please share your thoughts on it now you have had it a few months?
I have a T5 TRX set up so I think I would be able to make full use of it, especially for the lower keyboard splits and also a better choice of pedal voices. I would be especially interested to know if the pedal voices play with reverb and can you adjust the depth?
I feel it might also be beneficial to upgrade to a 76 note T5 to make better use of the multiple splits?

Thanks
Pam

Offline jimlaing

« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2017, 11:12:48 PM »
Hi - to answer a few of the questions ... the voices are just the voices already in your Tyros.  I know that he sells additional Registrations and some may have other voices.  But I use V-Console using all my voices (sounds) built-in to my tyros.  You can definitely adjust the Reverb (and just about anything you'd want to adjust) on voices that you set up for use with the V-Console.

Overall, I'm very happy with it - I wish I had even more time to work with it (have a busy life and don't get to it as much as I'd like to!)  It allows a LOT more control and variation in voice selection and layering etc.  I have done quite a but of my own V-Console editing and creating of Registrations to suite my needs, and overall it works really well.

One thing I did notice (and this is a Tyros thing, not a fault of the V-Console), is that if you are using a Style that is "thick" with a lot going on, plus a lot of layers on the keyboard, plus a lot of layers via V-Console, and you play full chords, you will run into the Tyros's "Polyphony" limit at times.  When you have all this going on, it's asking the Tyros to play a LOT of voices simultaneously!  The 128 limit is on the Tyros..

Jim

Offline keyplayer

« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2017, 03:46:31 PM »
Hi Jim, thanks for your reply and comments, it seems a good buy and suitable addition to a set up. Good tip about the polyphony, I tend to not use too much of the accompaniments in a style so hopefully wouldn't come up against that. I'm hoping to hear and see one in action next month at the Yamaha Club weekend near Daventry, better take my credit card I think!
Pam

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2017, 07:42:10 PM »
Before laying out the cash it might be a good idea to check likely compatibility/support with keyboards beyond Tyros 5 if there is a chance you could be tempted to upgrade  ;).
 Also for me it's not certain at present whether the v console would so much of a worthwhile enhancement to say the "Genos"  IF the latter comes with built in features which take care of some of the voice channelling limitations on Tyros (where the VC scores).

John

Offline keyplayer

« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2017, 01:03:04 PM »
Good point John, perhaps we will know what's new before end of October - although at the moment I'm happy with the T5, but think I might upgrade to 76 keys to make better use of the split points on the upper. I would also like multiple voices and splits for the lower keyboard and being able to access all voices for the bass pesdal + a bit of reverb. 
Thanks for your reply.
pam

Offline jimlaing

« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2017, 06:28:07 PM »
In discussions with the creator of the V-Console, it seemed that he plans/wants to support the Genos (eventually) as well.  I can't speak for him, but that was my impression.  I'm guessing that the concept of the V-Console would apply to a new Yamaha arranger, just as it does to the already-supported PSR-S keyboard model(s), the Tyros models, and CVP models, that now support the V-Console.

If the Genos has "upped" the polyphony limit compared to Tyros, this will make V-Console even better for use on the Genos!  (I hope)!

-Jim

Offline keyplayer

« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2017, 12:23:56 PM »
Hi all, am appreciating all these comments, hopefully will now what's new soon. Pam

Bachus

« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2017, 09:02:02 PM »
If upgraded for the Genos, this could be the tool to lift the genos to an even higher level..
Espescially now that there is an oprion to buy just the sofware..

I am wondering if the creator of this software plans to expand it even further
If you could next to tyros voice could also select vst sounds
That would mean creating a vst host for the software
But that would open up a whole world of even more possibilities

Imagine playing pianoteq piano’s and hauptwerk virtual pipe organs on a twin Genos..

If this program works, i might create a new setup of a kawai vpc1 under yhe Genos, and use this program to share the sounds of the genos for both the Genos and the kawai piano..

But if you ever wanted acces to vst sounds in your Genos\tyros, V-console might be a perfect tool to access them. The question is, will the programmer invest more time in V-console

Other things they could add..
- an option to display the lyrics of music sheets of the genos/tyros on a big screen
- a pdf sheetmusic reader
And more..

I am quite impressed with what is allready there..
But expandingbthis program could make it a must have for every Genos owner.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 09:08:57 PM by Bachus »

The following users thanked this post: keyplayer

Offline Marty

« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2017, 02:45:37 PM »
If you use an iPad similarities to vconsole can be achieved with the IOS midi app 'midiflow'.

https://www.midiflow.com/

Midiflow midi keyboard data can be manipulated in a number of different ways and then sent back to the keyboard. This allows using the 'song' midi channels for layering voices with left, R1,R2 voices. Additional keyboard zones  can also be achieved by filtering note midi data received from the keyboard. iOS core midi apps can also be used in parallel to provide additional voices such as Arturia's iSEM synth. It won't cost you a fortune either!

Marty

Bachus

« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2017, 08:21:33 PM »
If you use an iPad similarities to vconsole can be achieved with the IOS midi app 'midiflow'.

https://www.midiflow.com/

Midiflow midi keyboard data can be manipulated in a number of different ways and then sent back to the keyboard. This allows using the 'song' midi channels for layering voices with left, R1,R2 voices. Additional keyboard zones  can also be achieved by filtering note midi data received from the keyboard. iOS core midi apps can also be used in parallel to provide additional voices such as Arturia's iSEM synth. It won't cost you a fortune either!

Marty

Definately..

Yes you could just use audiobus 3 which could archive the same midi routing..

But you would miss out on the strong points of the V-console
The dedicted interface and full integration with tyros/genos

And its this interface and integration that makes the V-console special
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 08:25:26 PM by Bachus »

Offline jimlaing

« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2017, 09:06:56 PM »
Yes, the V-Console is very powerful; it gives you A LOT of control over the sounds you use, including fairly deep editing of many parameters.  It also supports key ranges (splits), velocity mapping, octave coupling, and the ability to make Registrations of all of this, for up to 8 additional Parts.  And it integrates (if you want) with Registrations on Tyros, so that Tyros can make V-Console change its registrations "on command", or you can have V-Console change Registrations on Tyros if you want (as you change the Registrations you have on V-Console).  And the interface seems very easy to use, esp. given how many things you can do / modify /specify with V-Console.

I'd say, from using it, that a LOT of thought and work went into it, I can see where it has to cost a good amount, for all the programming efforts and interface work etc. that went into it.  I feel that I've only "scratched the surface" of what V-Console can do.

It should be even better with Genos, since Genos has dedicated DSPs for all the "Song" voices, which is what V-Console uses.  And (maybe) more polyphony.

Jim