Author Topic: FINALLY have flash expansion - but what's up with MusicSoft? (SOLVED)  (Read 3193 times)

Synthfan

It's taken me a few years to finally getting around to buying 512MB flash expansion for my T5.

But I am utterly confused by the current "MusicSoft" site (https://shop.usa.yamaha.com/) everything for the Tyros 5 is showing up as "$0" and I can't find any way to download expansion packs.

What am I missing?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 08:29:50 PM by Synthfan »

Online Fred Smith

Re: FINALLY have flash expansion - but what's up with MusicSoft?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 07:34:15 PM »
It's taken me a few years to finally getting around to buying 512MB flash expansion for my T5.

But I am utterly confused by the current "MusicSoft" site (https://shop.usa.yamaha.com/) everything for the Tyros 5 is showing up as "$0" and I can't find any way to download expansion packs.

You need to buy them (for $0), and check out. Then you'll get an e-mail which you ignore.

Go to your Library, and you download them from there.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Synthfan

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2020, 08:12:16 PM »
Go to your Library, and you download them from there.

Cheers,
Fred

Thanks so much Fred. After I read your reply, I looked all over for a "my account / my library" somewhere on the site, and although I tried clicking on my name on the upper right (which of course didn't work), I discovered there is a TINY "person with raised arms" icon to the right of the name and above the Shopping Cart icon. This is the magic secret gateway I was missing before. This is one of the most baffling websites hosted by a huge company like Yamaha that I've ever encountered.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 08:30:28 PM by Synthfan »

Offline EileenL

Re: FINALLY have flash expansion - but what's up with MusicSoft? (SOLVED)
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2020, 10:46:39 PM »
Yes it has never been the easiest of sites to use.

Offline Dave Nuttall

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2020, 11:59:56 AM »
THANK YOU for posting your follow-up with the pointer to the "my account icon".

Thanks so much Fred. After I read your reply, I looked all over for a "my account / my library" somewhere on the site, and although I tried clicking on my name on the upper right (which of course didn't work), I discovered there is a TINY "person with raised arms" icon to the right of the name and above the Shopping Cart icon. This is the magic secret gateway I was missing before. This is one of the most baffling websites hosted by a huge company like Yamaha that I've ever encountered.

Genos, ProTools, Cubase AI10, Win10,  BIAB-2022, Sibelius Ultimate, MixMaster, PRSUTI, StyleMagic, StyleWorks, and Baldwin SF-10 acoustic piano.