Author Topic: S970 in the house! FIRST ERROR MESSAGE!!! BUG ALERT  (Read 13144 times)

shim

S970 in the house! FIRST ERROR MESSAGE!!! BUG ALERT
« on: August 05, 2015, 02:43:04 AM »
Hi all
I wasnt meaning to post that my psr s970 arrived today, but now i have been playing for a while, and after playing a user style imported from my tyros 5,

I SUDDENLY GET THIS ERROR AND KEYBOARD SOUND STOPS, FORCING A RESTART.
Happened twice so far...

Yamaha please fix this with a software update. Which I hope will get rid of this problem. I never EVER had errors like this, or any errors for that matter on ANY of my PSR or TYROS  keyboards.

look at the image:

P.s. if anyone wants to hear impressions of the keyboard, i'd be happy to share.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 01:36:53 AM by shim »

Offline Fred Smith

Re: S970 in the house! FIRST ERROR MESSAGE!!! BUG ALERT
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 02:49:52 AM »
Your problem is more likely an error in the style file (which didn't affect the T1 but does affect the 970). You should check your user file.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 03:04:02 AM »
I agree. Fred.

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

shim

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 03:27:40 AM »
Did anyone here ever get this or a similar error? Esp with user style transfers?
Its the first time i have such an issue, so if anyone has experience, it helps.

I am currently trying to isolate what causes the problem. So far it happenes about 30 sec. or 3 sec. into playing a particular style. I noted that the 3 styles it happened by had style parts which use voices that apparently this keyboard doesnt have.... that maybe the issue.
I truly hope thats all it is, because otherwise im really loving this keyboard. Perhaps i'll write a review sometime if there is interest.
Does anybody have particular questions theyd like me to find out about?

Offline Joe H

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 04:32:36 AM »
shim,

It is important to isolate the problem.  It could be the styles, it could be your USB stick, it could be internal memory in the keyboard, it could be a bug in the firmware.

Where are you loading the styles from, User Memory or a USB stick?

If it is only a couple styles that this occurs with then it could be the styles. 

Do you have original unedited styles from other keyboard models you can test with?  If the keyboard crashes because a Voice programmed in the style is not present on the S970, then that would happen with many styles.

Can you post those problem styles here?

Joe H
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 04:35:00 AM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline musicman100

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 08:11:12 AM »
Yes I would like to hear your review on it and if possible some mp3 of a song or something to see what the quality is like.

thanks
Yamaha psr 770, kawai es920, Genos 2

Past-KN2000 Tyros 4 CVP 407 Psr70

https://soundcloud.com/musicmantees

https://www.scoreexchange.com/profiles/musicman

https://www.youtube.com/@keyboardplayertees

Offering on line and in person lessons on Genos 2.

textbook

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2015, 10:34:47 AM »
Yes I would like to hear your review on it and if possible some mp3 of a song or something to see what the quality is like.

thanks

Same here shim,  as I just cancelled a 770 and ordered the 970 myself.    I've never seen a critical error message like that either.  Hopefully you can suss what's triggering it, and if it turns out to be a software issue it gets fixed quickly.  It does sound like a USB compatibility issue to give a system error like that, but assume you will have tried other memory sticks.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 06:44:52 PM by textbook »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2015, 12:28:44 PM »
This message usually happens when the data you are trying to load is corrupt. It usually occurs on styles. I get rid of any like this. 

Offline beakybird

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2015, 02:17:43 PM »
I'm pretty sure you'll be contacted by Yamaha today. If not, please share the style with someone else who owns the S970. I'll be getting mine on Thursday or Friday (Thanks Frank, Audioworks).
As more of us get possession of the keyboard, we'll be hearing in the next week if more of these error messages appear.

Thanks for sharing this!

saxxman

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2015, 02:24:33 PM »
Thanks for the insight!  Totally agree with Beakybird - It definitely would be good to send the file to another S970 (or maybe even S950) user to see if the style generates the same error on their boards.... thanks again for posting!

shim

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2015, 05:26:16 PM »
This message usually happens when the data you are trying to load is corrupt. It usually occurs on styles. I get rid of any like this.

So you have seen this or a similar error before? Or are you just assuming? It's important to know, if this is a known error or something new.
Regarding request for review and demos, hopefully as soon as I get a chance will do at least a brief review and highlight some of the new things. (Quite a few) and maybe even post demos..

I haven't used my keyboard that much, but I'm really hoping what I suspected yesterday is the problem. Missing voices in styles, which might even have dsp assigned to them too.. just thought of that.

When I replaced those missing voices with built in voices, it seems the error would NOT happen.
And I tried ALL my user styles to try to see by which one it happens. Happened by 3 of them, and the common thread I found is 2 or more missing style track voices.

Thanks all for you help. It's good to be supporting one another!

Offline EileenL

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2015, 11:34:56 AM »
Yes I have had this happen with third party styles. It is not always the voices but the styles whole make up I don't fiddle with these but just discard them.

Offline musicman100

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2015, 11:44:07 AM »
Hi

I noticed there is a new firmware update out today version 1.03 i dont know what version your keyboard is but that might solve your issue.

http://download.yamaha.com/search/product/?site=uk.yamaha.com&language=en&category_id1=16277&category_id2=16084&category_id3=&product_id=2059270
Yamaha psr 770, kawai es920, Genos 2

Past-KN2000 Tyros 4 CVP 407 Psr70

https://soundcloud.com/musicmantees

https://www.scoreexchange.com/profiles/musicman

https://www.youtube.com/@keyboardplayertees

Offering on line and in person lessons on Genos 2.

T4two

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2015, 11:48:27 AM »
Yes thank you.    It also applies to the PSR S770

[Changes of V1.03]
- Fixed a problem in which the Portamento effect may not be applied when it is saved to a Registration Memory.

- Fixed a problem in which One Touch Setting and Registration Memory were slow in being called up when a large number of Expansion Voices were installed.

- Solved some other minor problems.

:) Neville.

Offline bernamato

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2018, 06:39:21 PM »
I am having the same issue. The error happens when I try to change the page in style creator (the page is "parameter").
I am going to assistance for investigating this issue and I hope that Yamaha knows the problem thanks to other client's claims.

The product is still under warranty. The sys op is 1.06.

regards,

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 06:59:10 PM by bernamato »