Author Topic: Screen shot...  (Read 30990 times)

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: Screen shot...
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2016, 08:58:42 AM »
Hi Joe H,

Instead of sending Sysex from a sequencer to copy the screen, you can start up the Tyros4 and 5 so that you can copy the currently displayed screen to a USB each time that you press Registration button 8.

On the Tyros keyboards, starting with the power off, you need to make sure that a USB device is plugged in, hold down the 3rd and 4th voice buttons from the left on the top row plus the 1st button on the left of the second row, then turn on the power.

On an S970 this equates to the Strings and Choir & Pad on the top row, and the E.Piano on the second row.

Once enabled, each time that you press Reg. #8 the screen is copied and you should hear a tinkling sound to confirm that it has worked.  Do not remove the USB until you have finished your screen copying or you will need to which off and restart the keyboard as above.  The function is disabled when you turn off the power.

The file produced is a Bitmap image '.bmp' and on my T4 is automatically sequentially named CAPT0000, CAPT0001, CAPT0002 and so on.

You replied earlier in this thread that this did not work for the S910, but now it seems that someone (frankmusik) has tried it on an S970 and found that it does work.

Regards

Ian
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 09:02:23 AM by tyrosaurus »

Offline Joe H

« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2016, 09:23:23 AM »
Thanks Ian,

Yes it does work pressing the reg 8 button to capture a screen shot.  This is an old thread so I didn't read the whole thing.  I have the strings programmed into my PC1600x so I can take a screen shot anytime without re-booting the keyboard.  Nice to know of this implementation though on the newer keyboards.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline textbook

« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2016, 12:54:33 PM »
Most interesting and informative posts.

Many thanks Heidrun,Frank,Ian and Joe, and others for this useful info,  good to hear it works on the 970, and probably a clearer pic than I might get from using a camera.

Another useful tip added to my little book.  :)

Thanks again guys,  I love this forum....keep em coming..  ;)

Best wishes...Cameron

Online Roger Brenizer

« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2016, 01:56:42 PM »
This link may be prove helpful and it contains a link within it to the PSR Tutorial website.

http://yamahakeyboardkapers.myfreeforum.org/archive/screenshot-bitmap-image-tyros-4-and-5__o_t__t_4336.html
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

Offline overover

Internal Screen Shot function
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2016, 11:03:36 PM »
Frank,

I send the sysex from an external MIDI device.  What do you mean by "HOLD E-Piano/Strings/Choir&PAD  and switch on"

Then what?  How so you capture the particular screen you want?  Is the screen capture built-in to the keyboards?

Joe H

Hi Joe,

plug in your USB stick, press and HOLD these three Voice Category buttons (see below) and power on your keyboard.

From now on you can take a Screen Shot of the actual display by pressing the Registration Button #8. The pictures are saved to USB stick in .bmp format. To quit screen shot function, simply switch off the keyboard.

(If you want to call up Reg #8 "normally" while "Screen Shot Mode" ist active, you can go to "Registration Edit" display and press display button "J".)

The "right" Voice Category buttons are:

• in the top row the THIRD & FOURTH button
• in the second row the FIRST button

This works at least on T4/T5 and S770/970.  :)

Regards,
Chris

Edit:
I was a little too slow ... ;)

« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 11:12:38 PM by overover »

Offline Joe H

« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2016, 02:59:33 PM »
Thanks Chris,

As noted above... a button press of the PC1600x gets it done quicker more efficiently.  But at least the info above provided by Ian will enable others to capture screen shots now when there is a need.

Joe H
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 11:43:30 AM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Jørgen

« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2016, 09:37:08 AM »
On the Tyros keyboards, starting with the power off, you need to make sure that a USB device is plugged in, hold down the 3rd and 4th voice buttons from the left on the top row plus the 1st button on the left of the second row, then turn on the power.

Same procedure at PSR S750 to get screen shots...

Regards
Jørgen
The Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha
- since 1999

Offline pricopiuc

« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2017, 05:06:39 PM »
Thank You -  frankmusik, It works on my PSR S970
The first step, the keyboard must be closed, step two: lock the EPIANO, STRINGS, CHOIR PAD keys, and open the power button, locked up until the base image appears. Then with the 8 key in REGISTRATION MEMORY you picture what page you want. Thank you!

Offline voodoo

« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2017, 04:05:21 AM »
Hi Bill,

this info is a secret one - I also don't know it so long.
Hopefully Yamaha will not murder me! ;-))))

LG Heidrun

The same works for the S970. Have read this somewhere in the forum.
Yamaha PSR-S970
Nord Electro 5D