PSR Tutorial Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2014, 07:11:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
PSR Tutorial "Home" Page
192,473 Posts in 25,311 Topics by 4,402 Members
Latest Member: Missa85
* Home Help Login Register
PSR Tutorial Forum  |  PSR-xxxx Keyboards  |  PSR-3000/1500 (Moderator: travlin-easy)  |  Topic: Keroncong style 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Keroncong style  (Read 5264 times)
Yam3000
« on: September 19, 2005, 02:48:57 AM »

Can anyone tell me where I can get "Keroncong" style file for PSR3000? Thanks.
travlin-easy

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 06:07:54 AM »

Unfortunately, I've never heard of a "Keroncong" style. Can you provide us with a description of the style or some of the song titles it would be used with? This may make it easier for someone to locate that particular style.

Cheers,

Gary 8-)

Love Those Yammies...
Yam3000
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 07:18:55 AM »

"Keroncong" is Indonesian style with Portuguese influence.
travlin-easy

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2005, 10:53:27 AM »

That's going to be a difficult style to locate, even on this forum.

Good Luck,

Gary  8-)

Love Those Yammies...
Bill Grosse
PSR Professor

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2005, 11:16:14 AM »

Say WHAT!!!! :-D

I wasn't going to do anything today - so far, I'm on schedule, Smiley
dennis

I Am Prettier Now!

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2005, 11:39:44 AM »

http://pages.prodigy.net/watersj/Yamaha2K/PSRFiles/F_Styles/StylesTechnics/stylestechnics.html

(I think this site above is Joe's "secret" life - he has a Keroncong style there -

also right here in the PSRTUTORIAL under "Technics 5000" is a Keroncong style - adapted by Charley (rattley) - it might be the same one.

I think Brian Miles is the one to thank for doing the converting from Technics on the prodigy site - he does GOOD stuff!

Do a Google search for "Keroncong style" to get more info.

Dennis

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 01:13:30 PM by dennis » Logged

Yam3000
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2005, 03:02:06 PM »

Hi Dennis:

I clicked the link and then selected KNDisk3.Zip (the one that lists "Keroncong") and I got this error message: "Error 404: Resource not found present". I clicked the "Keroncong.Sty" (this forum) and for some reason it does not allow me to download the file eventhough I am already logged in.

Help!!
Tim
amateur
Charter Member

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2005, 03:18:47 PM »

Yam3000,

I found in my archives a folder "Indonesian styles" (attached), but don't have the knowledge to declare them "Keroncong".
Perhaps you could test them out and tweak the right ones (if there are) with Michael's MidiPlayer as Dennis explained in another thread in this forUM.
Hope you can use some!

Ton

[attachment deleted by admin]

C'est le ton qui fait la musique.
dennis

I Am Prettier Now!

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2005, 05:20:13 PM »

Look under my entry (two notes away) and you will find that style there.

Here click "Styles" at top of this page, the "Other Performers" at side of page" then Techics 5000 I think it is.

Let us know if you got it OK,

Dennis
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 05:22:39 PM by dennis » Logged

Joe W
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2005, 08:44:01 PM »

http://pages.prodigy.net/watersj/Yamaha2K/PSRFiles/F_Styles/StylesTechnics/stylestechnics.html

(I think this site above is Joe's "secret" life - he has a Keroncong style there -

Dennis

Dennis, you are referring to the "original" PSR Tutorial or many years ago.  I didn't realize some of those old pages are still up there.  But that site has not been supported for years.  The current link does have the KNDisk3.zip you referred to.  Here's the current link:

http://psrtutorial.com/Files/KBtechnics.html

-- Joe Waters
Tyros5 and PSR-3000
PSR Performer Page
Yam3000
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2005, 08:55:37 PM »

Thank you all for your replies. I tried the Technics version of Keroncong and it does not sound good. I wish I could download the one from Ton (the attachment). I just realized that I have two disks that came with my Roland G600 keyboard (I no longer have the keyboard) and one of them has keroncong. The only problem is, I don't know how to convert from STL (Roland) to STY (Yamaha). I think I am gonna post a new subject regarding the conversion.

Tim
amateur
Charter Member

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2005, 03:02:25 AM »

Hi Tim,

Reading your latest posting I must conclude that you are having problems to download the attachment?
Clicking right or even left on the underlined attachmentname should open a window where you can choose to open or download the attachment.
Could you perhaps need to disable your firewall momentarely? Please let me know and we'll find another way to send the styles.

Ton

C'est le ton qui fait la musique.
Yam3000
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2005, 09:45:14 PM »

Ton:

Thank you for sending the files via email.

Tim
Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
PSR Tutorial Forum  |  PSR-xxxx Keyboards  |  PSR-3000/1500 (Moderator: travlin-easy)  |  Topic: Keroncong style « previous next »
Jump to: