PSR Tutorial Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 07:56:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
PSR Tutorial "Home" Page
186,124 Posts in 24,647 Topics by 4,346 Members
Latest Member: cuddlybunny
* Home Help Login Register
PSR Tutorial Forum  |  PSR-xxxx Keyboards  |  PSR-3000/1500 (Moderator: travlin-easy)  |  Topic: Converting STY files to WAV 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Converting STY files to WAV  (Read 3621 times)
biker2002
« on: August 27, 2005, 04:48:42 PM »

Hi everyone ,,, i would like to know if there is a way to convert my STY FILES   on my Psr3000  to a wav file  so i can add it to my webpage Huh??   ty..

Biker
dennis

I Am Prettier Now!

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005, 04:55:54 PM »

Hello,

I can get you started thinking just a bit.  Others will be along with more, I'm sure.

You can play a style as a midi if you add ".mid" at the end and take out ".sty"  What you'll get is a one chord song in short pieces (that's the Intro and 4 variations and endings - and the breaks and fills are in there someplace.

A midi can be converted in .wav fairly easily - I think.  I f not , the style/midi can be played as audio and converted.

That's all I know - probably not enough to help you.  "Build it, they will come...!"

Dennis

It just occured to me that if it's just parts of the style you want in .wav you can record what you want from your psr into audio to .wav.  Gary Diamond  /Travel'  Easy has a section in the Tutorial how-to do that.  That might be what you need/want.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2005, 04:58:36 PM by dennis » Logged

biker2002
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2005, 05:05:47 PM »

Hello and ty for your quick reply,,   Would you know if  the sty file could be saved as a mp3 file ??  then from MP3 i could convert to wav through winamp?Huh?
dennis

I Am Prettier Now!

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2005, 07:34:36 PM »

If I could I'd step into a phone booth and emerge as Captain Gary or Spiderman Joe. These guys know this stuff.  I think you can do any one of those things you say. 

I know I JUST (yesterday) converted an audio cd into .wav on my MacIntosh by pushing the WRONG button.  Just think of the possibilities if I knew what I was doing!

These guys will help you - just keep listening - and hollering if they don't come right away.

What is it you are trying to accomplish?  Put a "Theme" on your web site - or whole bunches of styles for people to download?  Those guys will be asking you that also to get an idea of what you want to accomplish.

Good Luck,

Dennis

Merwyn Samson
Charter Member
Asst. Member

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2005, 11:03:26 PM »

:roll:
Hi
you can use Adobe Audition or Sound Forge (any versions)

Connect the line out of your PSR to the Line in of your PC.

Press the rec. button of your chosen s/ware in the PC

Keep the PSR's main volume to about quarter setting

TEST Play the style on your PSR and adjust the sound level - it should not go to the 'red' level indications.

Reduce the sound level on the PC if it crosses over to the red level

Once satisfied - first press the REC button on the PC and then play the Style on the PSR.  Your will have to Press the Various INTRO buttons, then the Main buttons, break, endings, etc. etc. one after the other in correct timings manually

On the PC you will find the Graphic description of the sound waveform.

Once the style playing is completed, press the stop button on the PC and then save the file in the various formats it offers i.e. whether u want it as WAV, MP3 etc. etc.

This is one way
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another way is copy the styles to the PC's hard disk -

Then use Michael's style player programme (the best- i use it all the time) to play the styles - it automatically plays all the parts - and it wont require u to manually press the buttons on the PSR. 

The same s/wares above will do the job.  Only choose the input in the PC as Line In.  While the Style player plays the style, internally the PC will import the sound in the Audition/sound forge S/ware.

Too complicated???

Let me know
Regards,
Sam  :wink:
Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
PSR Tutorial Forum  |  PSR-xxxx Keyboards  |  PSR-3000/1500 (Moderator: travlin-easy)  |  Topic: Converting STY files to WAV « previous next »
Jump to: