PSR Tutorial Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 03:18:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
143,535 Posts in 20,224 Topics by 4,449 Members
Latest Member: Nazy75
* Home Help Login Register
PSR Tutorial Forum  |  PSR-Sxxx Keyboards  |  PSR-S950/S750 (Moderator: Bill Grosse)  |  Topic: PSR-950 vs. which Tyros? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: PSR-950 vs. which Tyros?  (Read 8634 times)
oracle

« on: September 10, 2012, 11:25:40 PM »

The Tyros 4 is getting a few years obsolete already. Is the all new PSR-950 better alternative than the Tyros 4 or lesser Tyros 3?
Someone metioned about the iPad control which appears to be quite interesting.
Keyboardist
PSR Performer

Arranger Workstations

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 04:45:59 AM »

Comparisons of a Top of the line board Tyros 4 vs high midrange seem personal choice on what it is you are actually going to do with the board
Is one better then the other not to fair against their top board and what you need.
A better choice would be if you don't have a Tyros is to compare against your board you are playing now
Question is  Huh what are you really going to do with it and do you need to have a Top of the line keyboard
Are you a Pro or a high enthusiast who wont be satisfied with only the best or willing to settle for a little less but still have nice board
The specs on the Tyos 4; voices,and things you can do are higher,more memory styles,voices with more of everything and high quality
But from the S950 S750 standpoint; they are certainly no slouch's when you like to tinker around, customise and have fun playing
without breaking the budget

Enjoy whatever you decide 
Keyboardist

Arranger Workstations
My Performer Page
EileenL
Tyros 5 Plus Stage Pass 300 S950.
PSR Performer

Essex UK

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 03:31:26 PM »

Yes you are right Keyboardist. It all depends on the individual and what they want out of a keyboard. I myself have Tyros 4 and like to edit and tweak things to my own personnal taste ad it is great for this but I am also very interested in the 950 as a second keyboard as it is light to carry for certain gigs.I understand from someone who has played it that it sounds different, some what due to the audio drums but is very nice to play. Should be out here sometime in October.

Keyboardist
PSR Performer

Arranger Workstations

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 10:25:08 AM »

Hi Eileen
Yes ,looking forward to trying the S950 and see what they included
A Tyros is a Tyros and if a s950 was better then it then why would we even buy a tyros
If its like a more powerful s910 then the s950 will suit me just fine as well as others and yourself
Anyway its also what you are really going to do with it in the first place

Craig "Keyboardist"

Arranger Workstations
My Performer Page
Flip
An Old Marine
PSR Performer

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 05:45:02 AM »

I agree....a Tyros4 is the top of the line....to compare it to other KB's is not fair.  I use my 900 for outside the home playing.....its easier to set up and carry....but does not compare to the T4 in any category.  I suspect the new 950 will be much improved vs the other 900 series....but will not compare to the later T models in any category.  The T4 is a "powerful" KB and after having mine for 5 months.....still finding out what it is capable of doing.  BUT......as Eileen and KB said it all depends on what you want and how much you are willing to pay to get it.  Flip

EileenL
Tyros 5 Plus Stage Pass 300 S950.
PSR Performer

Essex UK

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 06:08:02 AM »

Hi Flip
  I think Tyros 4 is the best thing since sliced bread.It is so nice just to sit and play it with all those lovely styles and sounds that inspire you to want to play more. I have a couple of shows coming up and it seems to take longer and longer to set up.Must be old age.

Flip
An Old Marine
PSR Performer

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 07:27:36 AM »

FYI...Eileen.  My wife and I just returned from our 50Th "Honeymoon cruise" to Canada.  The cruise went out and returned to NYC.....the surprising thing was that almost 1/3 out of 2000 people came from the U.K........had some interesting music conversations.....a lot of KB players....mostly Yamaha and Korg.  And a lot of Germans.....they had their own off ship tours.  We are truly global.  Flip

Keyboardist
PSR Performer

Arranger Workstations

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, 09:51:02 AM »

Many people gravitate to Yamaha Arrangers for a reason; they are fairly easy to setup and tweak, fun to play and navigate through; ease of use;
sound good for what they are and can do a host of other things with styles etc to boot.
It all depends on what you want to get out of a keyboard and best to be honest with yourself on what you are going to use it for.
A Tyros 4 is like having a Ferrari in the driveway and every once in a while looking out the window and thinking Geee's look at that thing; its wonderful and can go 200 mph but Ill never go that fast but who cares.
A S950 is like a speedy sports car while not in the class of the Ferrari can still make you feel good looking at it and playing around with it but wont cost you
nearly as much

Arranger Workstations
My Performer Page
Judson Tyros
Korg is the King but YAMAHA is the Emperor!!
Asst. Member

Judson Christudas

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2012, 11:17:02 PM »

Cant compare a Tyros with a MOTL range keyboard. I know the TYROS sounds really different than MOTL keyboards its not the matter of the number of Styles and Voices in similar but how it sounds? If we buy a Tyros we'll get the Satisfaction too. If we buy MOTL keyboard the satisfaction we're getting is We've got a Tyros sound like keyboard. And thats the different.
Long Live Tyros!!! Kiss

Korg is the King but YAMAHA is the Emperor!!

www.facebook.com/judsonlespaul
Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
PSR Tutorial Forum  |  PSR-Sxxx Keyboards  |  PSR-S950/S750 (Moderator: Bill Grosse)  |  Topic: PSR-950 vs. which Tyros? « previous next »
Jump to: