Author Topic: Pitch bend  (Read 77332 times)

jimo

Pitch bend
« on: February 23, 2010, 09:53:01 AM »

Hello

On the 3K the distance between the pitchbend wheel and the keys are closer than on the S910.

While using the wheel and having to change cords at the same time I use to be able to press the relevant key with my thumb to change the chord.

With the S910 I am unable to reach that far. (G and A keys)

Is it possible to change the function of the  Modulation wheel to pitchbend?

That would give me just enough reach to play those chords.

Just wondering.

Cheers Jim

Offline travlin-easy

Re: Pitch bend
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 03:39:38 PM »
No. They are separate functions and hard wired into the system.

Gary  8)
Love Those Yammies...

English

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 03:48:29 PM »
You could get yourself a momentary foot switch, connect it to pedal 2, and set that switch to "Glide". You can then control with your left foot.

Alan.

Offline mikf

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 08:16:45 PM »
Jim
take a look under the current forum  post 'using assigned pedals ......' for a description of how to do this using an expresssion pedal. It works great.
Mike

jimo

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 12:59:45 AM »

Gary,Alen and mike.

Thank you for your input.

Even if the modulation wheel could have been changed, it is not spring loaded and would not return to pitch when let go.

Mike could you direct me to"using assigned pedals.......I could not locate the topic.

Cheers Jim.

Offline mikf

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 04:33:53 AM »

jimo

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2010, 10:34:17 AM »

Hi Mike. 

Thanks again.

When I try to access the page I get an error "The Topic you are looking for appears to be either missing or

off limits to you"

But I looked through the manual and understand how to allocate the pedal.

Cheers Jim.

Offline mikf

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2010, 02:50:40 PM »
Jim
I think it would still be worth your while to look at the post because it did not cover how to assign ( which I assumed people already knew)  but how I set it up and use it to get a realistic effect. Its important to have the note bend the correct way, the right range, and where you set full pitch on the pedal. You wont get that in the lessons or manual.
Dont know why the link doesnt work, but just do a search ( box at the top of the home page) for 'playing techniques for assigned pedals' and the post should pop up.
Just for your general information there are several ways to find a thread. As well as the search function, if you know the name of a member who might have posted in the thread you can just find any post by this member and click their name to get their profile page. Then on their profile page click show posts. So on this one you could just click my name under the 'posted by', then you can scroll through my recent posts.
Mike 

Kurt

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2010, 03:09:58 PM »
Mike,

You've linked a topic in the non public area for "charter members". That's the reason why Jim can't read it.

Regards,
Kurt

Offline mikf

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2010, 04:06:00 PM »
Jim
I did not realize that this topic was in the 'charter memebers ' area - thanks Kurt. Also explains why you could not find it by yourself.
For your convenience here is the text copied here.
Mike

I use a swell pedal for pitch bend all the time - much easier I think than the wheel. It's set so that flat down is full pitch and left that way most of the time.The  direction of the bend is set so that backing off drops the note and pushing down raises it. When I want to use pitch bend I back off the pedal about half way - just less than a semitone - just a fraction before I hit the note then push to flat to bend it up to pitch. This gives a very realistic effect for guitar, sax or trombone. Another effect from this position is to move the pedal up and down to simulate a tremelo arm a la Hank Marvin, or for a harmonica wah sound.

jimo

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2010, 09:19:46 AM »

Hello Mike.

Great stuff, thanks for that text.  I will spend some time trying it out.

I found the volume pedal uncomfortable before as my foot had to travel too far but setting the balance back a bit it may be OK.

And again thank you Kurt for your help.

Now, how is a charter member different from other members and do you have a dedicated forum?

Cheers Jim.

Kurt

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2010, 10:15:29 AM »

jimo

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2010, 09:06:15 AM »

Hello Kurt.

That clears that up.

Cheers Jim.

vulcan362

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2012, 05:15:28 AM »
You could get yourself a momentary foot switch, connect it to pedal 2, and set that switch to "Glide". You can then control with your left foot.

Alan.

After a mild stroke and a numb left hand, I added the switch as you suggest and it works great .   thanks

Bob

Offline Shadow

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2012, 02:44:50 AM »
Why is this post always and still at the top of the post list?
           Shadow

Offline Shadow

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2012, 04:24:53 PM »
Still no answer?
  Shadow

Offline Bill Grosse

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2012, 06:02:34 PM »
you just moved it up - whoops now I did it.  :D :D

Bill G
I wasn't going to do anything today - so far, I'm on schedule, :)

Offline Shadow

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2012, 12:38:46 PM »
L O L,s
 Shadow

Offline LaHawk

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2013, 01:12:00 PM »
Mike,

You've linked a topic in the non public area for "charter members". That's the reason why Jim can't read it.

Regards,
Kurt

I know how to become a "supporting" member, but how does one become a "charter" member? Just curious
Larry   PSR-SX900
 My You Tube Recordings

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2013, 12:38:59 AM »
You've got to be older than me! ;)

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

index.miro

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2013, 12:43:23 PM »
Jim, What about to change modulation and pitch bend wheels? They seem to be quite similar.
Miro

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 12:45:39 PM by index.miro »

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2013, 02:13:59 PM »
Jim, What about to change modulation and pitch bend wheels? They seem to be quite similar.
Miro

Looking in the service manual, the Mod Wheel and Pitch Bend circuit boards are exactly the same size and layout, right down to the size and position of the mounting screw holes. It even looks as if you could swap them over without unplugging the cables from the boards first.

So assuming that the case cut outs are the same for each wheel, it should work as long as you don't mind the legends on the panel being wrong!

In fact it looks as if the most difficult part would be removing and reassembling the lower case which involves an incredible 45 screws!

This is an old thread, but for anyone with a similar problem, who is confident with opening the case, then I would think it is definitely worth a go.

Excellent idea Miro!    8)

Regards

Ian
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 02:17:13 PM by tyrosaurus »

index.miro

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2013, 02:23:37 PM »
Ian,
I open my PSRs quite often...
Using electric screwdriver and magnet bowl for screws is a matter of 10 minutes to open (or close) it.  8)
I wonder WHY they have hidden those 2 screws (on PSR S910) so that you have to open another 30-40 ???
Miro

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 02:28:52 PM by index.miro »

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2013, 03:41:46 PM »
Hi Miro,

You are slow - the SM says you can separate the case in 8 minutes!   ::)

Perhaps the two hidden screws are a way of allowing service technicians to charge more!

Regards

Ian

bereket

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2014, 05:23:26 PM »
first of all hi all of you
absolutely no you cant change that because the hardware level is not the same

jimo

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2014, 10:29:19 AM »

Hey...............Pitch bend is at the top again. :P  ;D  ;D

Cheers Jim.