PSR Tutorial Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 06:28:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
186,263 Posts in 24,665 Topics by 4,350 Members
Latest Member: prabdevgun
* Home Help Login Register
PSR Tutorial Forum  |  Tyros Keyboards  |  Tyros 4  |  Topic: INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO CONNECT “ BAND IN A BOX “ (B I A B) TO TYROS 4 AND PLAY 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO CONNECT “ BAND IN A BOX “ (B I A B) TO TYROS 4 AND PLAY  (Read 1677 times)
Osvaldo De Souza
Charter Member

« on: April 14, 2012, 04:06:23 PM »

14TH APRIL 2012

I would like to thank Jorgen Sorensen for e-mailing me the April 2012 Newsletter where I found out under the Site News of March 10 the article on " BIAB PLAYS THE KEYBOARD ". After exchanging e-mails with Rocco I have come up with the following BIAB/TYROS set up and without the help from Rocco, Bill Grosse and most important the technical support at BIAB this set up would not be possible.

For those who have the BIAB Software Program and Tyros 4 (it should also work with other keyboard models) try and experiment the following using Tyros Styles and chords set up on BIAB from a Midi File or input chords manually:

INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO CONNECT “ BAND IN A BOX “ (B I A B)  TO TYROS 4 AND PLAY CHORDS FROM BIAB USING TYROS STYLES

a)   First of all you have to buy the Yamaha Model UX16 (USB with Midi In and Midi Out Cable) and install on your computer by connecting the USB cable to your computer and the Midi Out to Midi In (on Tyros  A) and Midi In to Midi Out (on Tyros A). Put the Yamaha CD which comes with the USB/Midi Cable in the CD Drive on your computer to install the Yamah Driver. After installing the driver now proceed with  “ B I A B  SET  UP  “ as follows:
b)   Open a Midi File in BIAB
c)   Mute Bass, Piano, Drums, Guitar, Strings, Melody and Thru (To mute Right Click Mouse on each of the above icons and select Mute) Do not touch Combo & Solist Icons.
d)   Select “ OPT “ – Preferences – Midi Driver and select the Yamaha UX16-1 (select this driver for both MIDI INPUT DRIVER as well as MIDI OUTPUT DRIVER) and Press OK
e)   Click on Count-In/Met and “ Uncheck Mark “ Lead-in drum count if drums muted/disabled.
f)   Select “ Output Channel “ and click on “ Vocalist “ then press OK
g)   Above the box “ Output channels during lead in “ you will see “ # ticks before chord change to output (120=1 beat) the default is set to “ 40 “. Change this default to “ 0 “ and Press OK. Press OK again and you are done with the set up on BAND IN A BOX PROGRAM.
h)   Now proceed to do the set up on “ TYROS 4 “  and press the
i)   FUNCTION –MIDI – CLOCK EXT.A – EDIT – Tab to CHORD DETECT – Put tick mark on channel 5
j)   Select Style (my demo song I have selected Latin-Bossa Nova P1D) and selected Intro III and Main Variation “ C “. Please note I left 8 blank measures on the BIAB Midi File for the 8 measures intro III of Bossa Nova and at the end of the song another 8 blank bars to end the song with “ END III “
k)   Press ‘ SYNC START ‘ and press “ REC “ (to record the song on Tyros)
l)   Now press Play button on BIAB which will trigger the SYNC START on Tyros 4 to record the song
m)   After the end of the song Press Start/Stop button on Tyros and Stop button on BIAB
n)   Save the song (the demo song is BEGUINE THE BEGUINE only 1st verse).

Osvaldo De Souza (Oz)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 11:00:30 PM by Osvaldo De Souza » Logged
Bill Grosse
PSR Professor

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 04:41:24 PM »

Oz,

Thanks for the update and the step by step info.  Cool

Bill G

I wasn't going to do anything today - so far, I'm on schedule, Smiley
Rich_M
Supporter
Assoc Member

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 03:26:50 AM »

Thanks for the step by step guide, It gave me a push to load BIAB, 2009 version, that has been sitting here in the box. FYI, My USB to MIDI cable is generic and I'm running Windows 7 32 bit.

Regards,
Rich

T-4, PSR-S910, PSR-2000, Blue Man Group Keyboard
Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
PSR Tutorial Forum  |  Tyros Keyboards  |  Tyros 4  |  Topic: INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO CONNECT “ BAND IN A BOX “ (B I A B) TO TYROS 4 AND PLAY « previous next »
Jump to: