PSR Tutorial Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2014, 11:36:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
To see all categories, you must be logged in. Guests see only boards in two categories.
186,017 Posts in 24,634 Topics by 4,350 Members
Latest Member: cliffallen
* Home Help Login Register
PSR Tutorial Forum  |  Yamaha Keyboards  |  The Next Yamaha Keyboard (Moderator: mikf)  |  Topic: Is this the Tyros 5...? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is this the Tyros 5...?  (Read 9795 times)
Ernie
PSR Performer

A day without a laugh is a day not lived.

« on: January 09, 2012, 05:40:15 AM »

Got a short movie from a friend....

Would this be the T5...?

Regards
Ernie

RF

Keyboards: Tyros 2 and soon? PA 500 Musikant

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 07:27:42 AM »

Back to black....?

Kind regards
Ronny F
bart
Assoc Member

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 01:53:00 PM »

surely not yet,,, !!!!!!
EileenL
Tyros 5 Plus Stage Pass 300 S950.
PSR Performer

Essex UK

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 04:29:00 PM »

Don't think it will be called Tyros anymore

Keyboardist
PSR Performer

Arranger Workstations

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 04:42:11 AM »

"G ee  ss " a black Tyros 5 or whatever they will call it
Might look cool black with blue lights and such
I know some that gig wont like it  but the stay put home players might enjoy a different color once in a while

Keyboardist

Arranger Workstations
My Performer Page
EileenL
PSR Performer

Essex UK

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 03:47:49 PM »

Unfortunatly I do have a feeling that the next flag ship will be black.I don't like the idea but most keyboards coming out now are.For me they mark to easily and go shinny round buttons and things.

Keyboardist
PSR Performer

Arranger Workstations

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 05:05:29 PM »

Perhaps 2 color choices for a variety of tastes -Black with blue lights would look pretty cool though.
I remember hovering over the black yamaha PSR 8000 at the time thinking; boy I wish I could have that, It looks pretty good.

Keyboardist

Arranger Workstations
My Performer Page
Banija
Novice Poster

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 05:38:26 PM »

Yeas....color i so important..... Roll Eyes.....
Ernie
PSR Performer

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2012, 06:28:13 AM »

Wink

Ernie

edgavin

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 10:21:58 AM »

Ernie:     I hope the next Tyros is black.      It will look more like A professional instrument.      According to gary D,  Black will be more subject
to overheating Grin Grin as it will absorb the heat.      I'm tired of people looking on my S-900 as a toy that any kid has and can play.

ED Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

ChinaLake
Supporter
Asst. Member

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 10:27:21 AM »

When is this coming out? I'm not holding my breath. Seems like Yamaha is stuck in a rut. Time for some major overhaul. Seem like both Korg and Roland came out with interesting and revolutionary keyboards last year-- Kronos and Juptier 80. Meanwhile more Motif more PSR. Time for Yamaha to up the ante with some breakthrough new technology.

Let's hope we get more than blue lights and black body!
Ernie
PSR Performer

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2012, 10:50:32 AM »

For you a question as it is for me ... I don't even know if this is really is the new "Tyros".

But I would be glad when Yamaha would come with a kind of PSR-S 950 with 88 keys  Wink

Regards
Ernie

EileenL
PSR Performer

Essex UK

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2012, 04:07:10 PM »

I don't think that will ever happen but you can always make a twin set with an 88note keyboard playing your S 910

Ernie
PSR Performer

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2012, 09:11:44 AM »

A twinset  ... yes that's a possibility.
And it will give more opportunities.

Thank you Eileen
Ernie

Keyboardist
PSR Performer

Arranger Workstations

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2012, 03:59:00 PM »

Probably wont be for a while as the Tyros 4 is big now.
An S950 or whatever they will call it is next in the midrange dept

Craig

Arranger Workstations
My Performer Page
Joe H
Supporter

PSR S910

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2012, 10:59:31 PM »

Maybe the T-5 will come in a choice of colors like the iMac did... then everyone would be happy!

Joe H

Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for Contemporary Dance Music. Download Registrations, Styles & Multi Pads:   http://psrtutoria
Bill Grosse
PSR Professor

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2012, 08:03:51 AM »

I have been waiting for the next arranger keyboard from Yamaha, but I am without a keyboard now and
having severe withdrawal pains - so I have been looking at the MOX and I must admit that black keyboard
is really appealing to the eye.  Wink  Sounds good too! - The arps are still those awful Motif thing's though - No
waltz timing or anything useful for country - just hip hop and dj stuff a real pity.  Cry Cry

Bill G

I wasn't going to do anything today - so far, I'm on schedule, Smiley
Ernie
PSR Performer

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2012, 09:51:41 AM »

Hi Bill

You without a keyboard now...Huh
Buy one quickly ... and your withdrawal pains will disapear  Smiley

Regards
Ernie

seama
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2012, 12:28:06 AM »

This isn't the Tyros 5, it's the 10th Anniversary Edition of the Tyros 4. Apparently there are just 2,500 being made. Dawsons Music have one for sale - I would have added a link but as I'm new, I wasn't sure if that was allowed.

Note to the Admin: When I was on the Dawsons' Blog, I noticed they had an article about what they'd want to see in the Tyros 5. How about we introduce a Tyros 5 section so forum members can add their thoughts to what we want (and don't want) from the new model? I'm sure Yamaha read this forum so we may even get what we want!
Bill Grosse
PSR Professor

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2012, 06:33:39 AM »

If you will check the fairly recent postings, you will see that not only have we
already done as you request more than once, but a representative of Yamaha
asked us for our input right here too and we responded very well in deed.   Wink

Bill G

I wasn't going to do anything today - so far, I'm on schedule, Smiley
Lee Batchelor

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2012, 10:00:48 AM »

I would like to see the T-5 in a 76 key version, with the identical keybed and weighting of the MOX8. I have a MOX8 and T4 -- an amazing combo, however, there are many times where I'd like to just use the T4 if only it had weighted keys!

- Lee

Current Gear: Tyros 5, Yamaha MOX8, SoundCraft EFX12 mixer, two Bose L1 Compact speakers, Yamaha HS8 studio monitors. (Marriage still intact despite all the gear.)
http://thetechnicalwriter
macmike
Assoc Member

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2012, 04:15:42 PM »

Well...I'm getting back pains lugging my T4 back and forth from my van to my studio. Along with the amps etc and stuff I need for rehearsing.

I don't seem to mind going from my van to a gig...but it's that moving it from my van to the studio trip that makes me not want to do it because I only have to then load it back again and then again at a gig.

Thinking that life is only so long...and you can't really invest $$ in real estate anymore...why not end the pain and buy another T4?

I ask myself this question and ponder deeply about it. One question always pops up.

When will the new T5 (or equivalent) come out? Will I have two older models to work with instead of a newer one?

There were times when I didn't have the money. It's still a big buy (and to get it past my mate is difficult as well).

So I guess it would make sense to wait for a T5(or equivalent) to come out. Even in this I risk the new one being light years ahead of the T4 I have now.

I have that problem now with my T2...which is inferior almost solely because of the Multipad sync start feature alone.

Again...when, what, how much$... Has anyone heard any rumblings? I'd be open to a used T4 if the price was low enough and it didn't have to be shipped from abroad. (I'm in the USA)

Happy playing all.

2 T4's w/SongbookPlus/iRig1/iPad2
Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
PSR Tutorial Forum  |  Yamaha Keyboards  |  The Next Yamaha Keyboard (Moderator: mikf)  |  Topic: Is this the Tyros 5...? « previous next »
Jump to: