Tyros Keyboards (5 Boards) > Tyros 4 (SFF2)

Music Finder v Registration Banks

(1/4) > >>

maur:
All the time I had my T1 I never found registration banks much use.

The same applies now with my T4.

All my registration banks are currently empty.

I find the Music Finder database search algorhithm  so efficient at locating songs that I don't see a need for registration banks.

I can be up and running with song in about 15-20secs. 

Also I don't  see an equivalent  search engine anywhere on the Tyros  to locate a given registration bank , only weird meaningless numbers.

Maybe someone can enlighten me on the merits (if any) of registration banks.

I downloaded somebody's  "sample" registrations  and they were absolute  **** .

Bill:
Hi Maur

It is a big failing of Yamaha in not having a search facility for Registrations, however they are more versatile than the OTS function within styles.

They are particularly useful when you need to have more than 4 variations per song.  Also they allow you to recall so many more features that are not available in the style.  Keyboard split points, DSP settings, Vocal Harmony etc. etc.

A lot os people get round the lack of a search facility by organising their HD or USB into a more logical format.  Directory called after the Music Book and then registration after page numbers, others simply have a play order.

Regards

Bill

MBedesem:
A registration is simply a stored 'snapshot' of most of the instrument settings.

As Bill mentioned, for many settings, it is the only way, other than manual keyboard settings, to get back to a known state.

Regards,

Michael

travlin-easy:
Both features are wonderful tools and once you learn to use them you'll find that 10 to 20 seconds between songs seems like eternity.

My best advice is to go to http://www.psrtutorial.com/lessons/playing/regist/10regGD.html to discover all these keyboards have to offer with their registrations.

Good Luck,

Gary 8)

Bill Grosse:
Wouldn't it be nice if Yamaha would give us the choice to use Music Finder to search Registrations?

Bill G

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version