PSR Tutorial Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2014, 08:30:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
To see all categories, you must be logged in. Guests see only boards in two categories.
185,227 Posts in 24,570 Topics by 4,349 Members
Latest Member: contigovoy1
* Home Help Login Register
PSR Tutorial Forum  |  Tyros Keyboards  |  Tyros 4  |  Topic: There Tyros 5? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: There Tyros 5?  (Read 13981 times)
ektor_s900
Ektor-Yamaha
Asst. Member

Dios es Bueno y Fiel!!!!

« on: April 27, 2011, 09:00:29 PM »

Hi all PSRTUTORIAL Friends, I write this post or topic because I've seen on the web images of a T5, I wonder if that is true or is a fake because (there attached the picture and see that it is mostly small changes in the bars of the tracks and no keys appear on the screen is touch?)

Ektor PSR-510-630-740-3k-S900-GW8L-S910
mark styles
PSR Performer

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 01:48:15 PM »

It better be a 2 - 3 years before this comes out, otherwise I'll be pissed, having bought a T4 a few months back.. Since they just released the T4, it would not be a very good business decision.  I bet someone with too much time on their hands got busy photoshop..  But I'm sure there are some here who could give us some information.

EileenL
Tyros 5 Plus Stage Pass 300 S950.
PSR Performer

Essex UK

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 02:29:31 PM »

The Picture is of Tyros 4.I do believe this will be the last in the Tyros range and that we will see a New Flag Ship in the future

supersteve
Asst. Member

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 02:41:35 PM »

I assume someone is having a laugh well I hope so, as there are a few new voice packs for the Tyros 4 to obtain yet, and likewise only had my T4 a few months.

Eileen im still working through your DVD very usefull thanks again.

Steve
Nikita
Asst. Member

Tyros4

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 05:08:30 PM »

Hi,
It's look like the have touch screen and ART3, Do Think?

Best regads
Keyboardist
PSR Performer

Arranger Workstations

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 04:36:36 AM »

Don't believe all the hype dished out on the net.
People seem never satisfied as something always seems better.
Yamaha just released the tyros 4; do you think that a Tyros 5 would be out so soon !!!!

Keyboardist

Arranger Workstations
My Performer Page
Scott Langholff
Supporter

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 08:33:31 PM »

The Picture is of Tyros 4.I do believe this will be the last in the Tyros range and that we will see a New Flag Ship in the future

Hi Eileen

I'm wondering why you think the T4 is the end of that series and a new one will come next.  Something someone has mentioned?  Just a hunch?  Whatever it is, I really, really hope they put the reg mem buttons back in the center.  It's easier for beginner to pro.  I make registrations changes very rapidly for big band stuff.  Sometimes I have one horn section play only a couple beats and change to another preset, back and forth on the fly, all at a fast clip.  I don't know what the work around will be for me with a T4.  I'm on the verge of getting one soon.  Since all the songs I do except for Woodchoppers Ball I have no prearranged order of what horn section will go next.   Huh
kbrkr
Assoc Member

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 04:04:27 AM »

Scott,

You got me thinking about this and I was wondering where they would move the sliders to if they move the REG MEM buttons under the screen and then it hit me; why don't they put the Registration buttons right above the keys into the cheeckblock/cover like on the new Roland Jupiter-80 or the traditional organ.  That would clean the space on the surface for more buttons and really give you the best possible trigger position.  hmmmmm
Scott Langholff
Supporter

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 05:34:40 AM »

A good idea.

Maybe it could be arranged so that the cluster of presets and drawbars could be screwed in and their position could be switched according to each owner.

Or below the keyboard as on a lot of organs.  Presets are always in the middle of the instrument.  What's with these guys Huh
Keyboardist
PSR Performer

Arranger Workstations

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 05:48:39 AM »

Yamaha more then likely will release their upper midrange boards before the next "Tyros 5" or whatever they will call it as the next go round is to replace the S910 series.
It doesn't look like any news or rumors are floating around even for that and it is spring already. S910 was realeased in 2009
Like you Scott I am closed to making the decision on a "Tyros 4" as there have been many favorable reviews here and pro reviews elsewhere.
It seems to be the keyboard of choice with so many useful features and one of creativity, composing, musicality,technology.
I have played a Tyros 4 but it never was setup correctly and was patched into 1 speaker at the dealer so my initial impression was not that wonderful;
I don't know why some pro instrument dealers do this, as it doesn't portray this keyboard to the best of its ability when you try it.
You would think Yamaha sales would make it a point to dealers that the better equipment should be hooked up to at least the yamaha MS04's or good quality speakers when you want to try one.
Anyway I wouldn't be holding my breath waiting for a Tyros 5 right now.
(Lets appreciate what the "Tyros 4" can do as the engineering designers cant please everyone and most agree they have done a good job with this keyboard !)

Craig (Keyboardist)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 05:55:07 AM by Keyboardist » Logged

Arranger Workstations
My Performer Page
hammer
PSR Performer

My Other Hobby

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 09:07:52 AM »

A month ago I ran into a Yamaha Rep at a local store and just for the heck of it did ask him about a Tyros 5. 
His replay rather surprised me.  If he knew what he was talking about
his answer was as follows:

1.  He did not know of the timeline for production or release of a Tyros 4 replacement.
2.  The Tyros 4 replacement is in the works at Yamaha.
3.  There were "rumors" from Yamaha that one was coming.
4.  "His" sources told him the next Yamaha flagship arranger would be nothing like
      the previous Tyros line and would include many features for live performance.
5.  He knew nothing as related to sounds, styles - etc..

TAKE ALL OF THIS FOR WHAT IT IS WORTH FOLKS.

Hammer

Bill Grosse
PSR Professor

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2011, 12:06:58 PM »

Hammer,

Sounds like the Yamaha employee's are teated just like we all were in the corporations we worked for - like MUSHROOMS!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Bill G

I wasn't going to do anything today - so far, I'm on schedule, Smiley
EileenL
Tyros 5 Plus Stage Pass 300 S950.
PSR Performer

Essex UK

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2011, 03:33:29 PM »

Yes I think we are in for a different animal next.Things progress they have to.As for Tyros 4 it has been the best selling keyboard so far and by reading lots of comments on most forums everyone loves it.As for the position of the reg banks well they can easily be operated by a foot switch so realy not a problem.

FrankB
PSR Performer

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2011, 11:11:55 PM »

This is just my hyperbole:

With technology what it is, why wouldnt the entire control structure be placed inside
an iPad or Android like screen system.  would eliminate all the probability of button failures.

As well as adding abilities beyond what we can even imagine.
The only real internal feature required would be the I/O to detect keyboard motions
how it moves and is struck etc.  This is reasonably simple electronics.
The updates would be limitless.

Keys would always be part of a keyboard...not trying to be funny, but the control structure
such as an iPad would be limitless.

Even the sound generation if not accomplished
inside the iPad like feature would be controlled by it.  Think about how the USB mixers now
work.  Take it even further, the entire Tyros-like module in the iPad structure driven by any
keyboard.  An iPad is hundreds of dollars, not thousands.  The software development work
for it would be the highest costing.

Again just wild man thinking on a late night.

Fun stuff tho.     

James Woodcock
Assoc Member

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2011, 02:37:46 AM »

Always fear the low resolution image Smiley  Usually turn out to be fake!

My Yamaha Related News / Articles | My 'CD' of original music: Anticipation

Bill Grosse
PSR Professor

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2011, 07:13:26 AM »

Maybe the next Tyros will be the Tyros XS.  Cool

Think how cool it would be if we could use those great sounds we purchased for the Motif also on the Tyros.
There is only one reason we can not and Yamaha knows because they have purposely reversed the manner
of encapsulating the wave files in the sound file. Now why would they do that?  Wink

Bill G

I wasn't going to do anything today - so far, I'm on schedule, Smiley
FrankB
PSR Performer

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2011, 12:08:53 PM »

BIAB already interfaces with iPhone and I think iPad.
Haven't pursued all the functions available tho..

But check this out..

videorov

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2013, 11:07:45 PM »

There will be a new Tyros and I bet it won't use that name anymore. The guy that just bought the Tyros-4 should have known there will
be a new one since they bring out all the time just like CVP 200,300,400,500 and now 605 and 609.
He will just need to trade it in and go on. People trade in cars all the time. Hey they trade in girl frineds aswell.Smiley
Wally Z
PSR Performer
Supporter

PSR-S910 Yamaha HS80M

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2013, 11:33:13 PM »

There will be a new Tyros and I bet it won't use that name anymore. The guy that just bought the Tyros-4 should have known there will
be a new one since they bring out all the time just like CVP 200,300,400,500 and now 605 and 609.
He will just need to trade it in and go on. People trade in cars all the time. Hey they trade in girl frineds aswell.Smiley
He posted that two years ago.  Grin

Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
PSR Tutorial Forum  |  Tyros Keyboards  |  Tyros 4  |  Topic: There Tyros 5? « previous next »
Jump to: