PSR Tutorial Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 31, 2014, 03:21:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
189,957 Posts in 25,060 Topics by 4,402 Members
Latest Member: Santosamusic
* Home Help Login Register
PSR Tutorial Forum  |  Tyros Keyboards  |  Tyros 4  |  Topic: Re: Roland BK-7m Band In A Box Backing Track Module 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Re: Roland BK-7m Band In A Box Backing Track Module  (Read 4417 times)
Osvaldo De Souza
Charter Member

« on: April 02, 2011, 06:48:06 AM »

2nd April 2011

I have just bought the new Roland Product BK-7m Module which has lots of features.

I am wondering if anyone can advise me if it is possible to have the styles from Roland BK-7m unit or any othe sequencer to be displayed on the
16 channels of Tyros 4?

The BK-7m allows you to trigger the various styles via a MIDI GUITAR or DIGITAL PIANO/KEYBOARD or MIDI ACCORDIAN. Please note I connected my Godin Guitar
through the Roland GR20 Guitar Synth and the Midi In Cable from GR20 to Midi Out cable on BK-7m and the Midi Out Cable from GR20 to Midi In Cable on BK-7m.

From the Menu list select " WIZARD " and you have an option to select DIGITAL PIANO/KEYBOARD or GUITAR or ACCORDIAN and the unit will recognize the instrument
selected.

I was able to trigger the styles on my GODIN GUITAR. All you have to do is play the chords on the guitar and the BK-7m will trigger the accompaniment of
the selected style. Attached is the Black Orpheus demo MP3 song of BK-7m Bossa Nova Style

The only drawback is that the song can only be saved as a WAVE file and not as a MIDI file (to make any changes to voices etc).

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Oz
Bill Grosse
PSR Professor

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 07:26:05 AM »

Oz,

According to the manual, you can record MIDI output from the Roland unit to your PC via USB cable or MIDI cables.

Looks to me the Roland unit should be able to drive the T4 as well, depending on what you want to do with the Roland output.

You should be able to use the Roland style into the T4 and set the T4 voices via Mixing Console.
Could be you would have as many as 16 voices (Roland = 8 and T4 = Cool playing the Roland style this way.
Since this is not a Yamaha arranger item, would you want to address this through e-mail?

Bill G

I wasn't going to do anything today - so far, I'm on schedule, Smiley
DonM
Charter Member

Benton, LA, USA

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 08:39:31 AM »

I think it is a valid thread since he is using it with a Yamaha keyboard.
I have a BK-7m on order too.
I've read the manual a few times.  It seems to have pretty extensive midi capabilities.
I might be a killer combo with Tyros 4.  Talk about the best of both worlds!
Thanks for the great demo.  It sounds better than my E50, and as good as E80.
DonM
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 08:41:18 AM by DonM » Logged
DonM
Charter Member

Benton, LA, USA

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 05:18:39 PM »

I bought one, as mentioned a couple of years ago in this thread.  I used it as an arranger for about a year.  I controlled it with an Edirol keyboard controller.  The Edirol had 50 programmable buttons to call up virtually anything on the module, even things that cannot be addressed from the module itself, only through midi.
Unless you are just using midi files or MP3s, you would have to have some way to input the chord information, either a keyboard, accordion, or midi guitar. 
It's fairly easy to used the module itself to control Variations, Sounds, Performance.  MUCH more can be done using an external controller.
DonM
Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
PSR Tutorial Forum  |  Tyros Keyboards  |  Tyros 4  |  Topic: Re: Roland BK-7m Band In A Box Backing Track Module « previous next »
Jump to: