PSR Tutorial Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2014, 09:21:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
189,941 Posts in 25,058 Topics by 4,401 Members
Latest Member: Vintage Mark
* Home Help Login Register
PSR Tutorial Forum  |  Tyros Keyboards  |  Tyros 4  |  Topic: Tyros 4 Voice Database 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tyros 4 Voice Database  (Read 4586 times)
Lanny
Assoc Member

« on: November 30, 2010, 02:57:12 PM »

Hi,

I have put up a draft project to list and search all the Tyros 4 voices/banks (that is not only Panel, but GM, XG and Legacy. I would appreciate your comments.
http://iplaq.com/Tyros4 - there are no ads, no offers, just community sharing.

I used it to create a driver (pat file) for Band in a Box.

Lanny

rattley
Charter Member

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 03:56:53 PM »

Hello!

I haven't fiddled with Band-in-a-box for a few years. Would that pattern and data list mean I could have BIAB running on my computer, but hooked directly to Tyros4?  This could make me very interested and might inspire me to make some new styles. I've never used BIAB with Tyros2 or 3. I can only imagine how wonderful BIAB could sound using Tyros4 voices.   Play The Dream???

Thanks.  -charley
Bill Grosse
PSR Professor

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 05:23:33 PM »

Lanny,

Thanks for sharing your work with us and your site address as well.

Bill G

I wasn't going to do anything today - so far, I'm on schedule, Smiley
mark styles
PSR Performer

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 07:30:28 PM »

That's very interesting, Having the Bank MSB/LSB/Prog #'s make it helpful when working with a sequencer if you wanted to substitute different patches.  Could I download this? and the Patch to use with Band in a box? 

Jørgen

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 11:22:25 PM »

Hi

Nice.

However the PRG values are 1-based in the list as in manuals from Yamaha. Meaning the range of PRG values is 1-128
For programming the PRG values must be 0-based. Meaning the range of PRG values must be 0-127. Just like the MSB values and LSB values.

Regards
Jørgen

The Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha
- since 1999
Lanny
Assoc Member

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 12:26:21 AM »

That's very interesting, Having the Bank MSB/LSB/Prog #'s make it helpful when working with a sequencer if you wanted to substitute different patches.  Could I download this? and the Patch to use with Band in a box? 

The BIAB pat will be ready for download after some QA. The database itself is not downloadable but if I have sufficient interest, I will make a spreadsheet for download.
Lanny
Assoc Member

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 12:30:23 AM »

... However the PRG values are 1-based in the list as in manuals from Yamaha. Meaning the range of PRG values is 1-128
For programming the PRG values must be 0-based. Meaning the range of PRG values must be 0-127. Just like the MSB values and LSB values.

Regards
Jørgen
Thank you. This is exactly the help I was looking for. The change would take one minute   if it is desirable. Im my software from PGmusic, you simply specify in the driver whether it is zero or one based.

Lanny

PS Done, the DB PRG numbers are now zero based.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 12:56:45 AM by Lanny » Logged
Lanny
Assoc Member

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 12:36:26 AM »

Hello!

I haven't fiddled with Band-in-a-box for a few years. Would that pattern and data list mean I could have BIAB running on my computer, but hooked directly to Tyros4?  This could make me very interested and might inspire me to make some new styles. I've never used BIAB with Tyros2 or 3. I can only imagine how wonderful BIAB could sound using Tyros4 voices.   Play The Dream???

Thanks.  -charley
Loading the PAT file in the BIAB preferences means that you can specify instruments for the BIAB by names, rather than numbers. That in turn means that you can use the sounds made by the Tyros in your BIAB songs.  However, some of the advanced features of Tyros, for example Articulation or the MEGAvoice effects are not possible from BIAB. 
Jørgen

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2010, 04:39:02 AM »

Hi

Thank you. This is exactly the help I was looking for. The change would take one minute   if it is desirable. Im my software from PGmusic, you simply specify in the driver whether it is zero or one based.

Lanny

PS Done, the DB PRG numbers are now zero based.

You're welcome
My remark was just meant to say: Be aware of this problem, as MIDI data are always 0-based.

Kind Regards
Jørgen

The Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha
- since 1999
Lanny
Assoc Member

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2010, 06:01:21 AM »

My remark was just meant to say: Be aware of this problem, as MIDI data are always 0-based.

When I load my pat file into BIAB it determines if the spec is ZERO or ONE based and sends is accordingly. However, if I specify the patch manually, it is on based, that is specifying 0,0,0 is illegal, it must be 1,0,0. 

Addendum: OK, It is the software which is changing it. I tried Logic and there a 0,0,0 worked just fine.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 06:18:54 AM by Lanny » Logged
Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
PSR Tutorial Forum  |  Tyros Keyboards  |  Tyros 4  |  Topic: Tyros 4 Voice Database « previous next »
Jump to: