PSR Tutorial Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2014, 09:01:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
To see all categories, you must be logged in. Guests see only boards in two categories.
192,325 Posts in 25,294 Topics by 4,408 Members
Latest Member: amitsch1234
* Home Help Login Register
PSR Tutorial Forum  |  Tyros Keyboards  |  Tyros 3 (Moderator: MBedesem)  |  Topic: Indian Loops on Tyros 3, Dholak, Tabla, Dhol Beats 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Indian Loops on Tyros 3, Dholak, Tabla, Dhol Beats  (Read 6969 times)
y2vikram
Assoc Member

« on: October 02, 2010, 02:44:45 AM »

Hey Guys,

Finally i was able to create some Multipads with Indian Beats of DHaolak and Dhol and Tabla on my Tyros 3. Still need to improvise upon the looping. Here is a process chart for anyone who needs to do so on his/ her keyboard:

1. Get some loops and copy them to Tyros HDD
2. Create Custom Drum UVD from those loops
3. Create Multipads and correct the repeat timing for them to perfectly loop.
4. Select a Style and match the tempo with the loop
5. Play and Enjoy!!!

I am currenly uploading a video on youtube to show my final loops that i have created will post the link here.

The voice quality may not sound good in the Digital Cam capture, but trust me these are professioanl Stereo Loops and sounds perfect in Tyros 3.

It is always good to share knowledge, and if anyone has a suggestion for me, please let me know.....

thanks,

Vikram Sharma
y2vikram
Assoc Member

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 02:51:59 AM »

Here is the Link for my video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8aqiwo8k_Y

Thanks,

Vikram Sharma
Bill Grosse
PSR Professor

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 07:03:49 AM »

Vikram,

Well done on the Loops and the video demonstration.  Cool

Those are very good sounding loops.
Do you do any beat slicing with your loops?

Bill G

I wasn't going to do anything today - so far, I'm on schedule, Smiley
y2vikram
Assoc Member

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 09:08:16 AM »

Thanks a lot Bill,

Well haven't done any beat slicing yet....

U know the main problem in using loops in multipad is that even though i have some loops of same tempo for fillin, we cannot use it in multipads. It would have been better if multipads could be used as fillin buttons, or may be you can stop a multipad by pressing its button only instead of the stop button.

Now what i have to do is that used the fillin button of the style, click the '2' multipad and then press hold and press '1' mutilpad to stop it. While live playing , it sometimes make you miss the beat.

Hope that can be solved.....in future...

Thanks,

Vikram
acm
Supporter

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 11:17:08 AM »

Vikram,

I went thru the video and found that you've done a lot of impressive stuff. The tyros provides a rudimentary sampling system so one has to bend over backwards to make it work - case in point - you had to fix the styles to a particular tempo in order for your Dhol and Dholak loops to work with the style.

Apparently, the Korg PAs allow the loops to be played just like a style - i.e. you could increase/decrease the tempo of the loops just like with a style. What's more, you could merge the loops into a style. You could create midi arrangements with those styles too. I wonder when Yamaha will offer that kind of support on the arrangers. I attempted to use some 3rd party tabla/dhol/dholak/harmonium etc. samplers on the T3 and make custom styles but eventually gave up on the effort and returned the T3 eventually because it was so painful on the T3.

Do keep up the good stuff and thanks for sharing your creativity with us!

Cheers!

If at first, you succeed, don't look zapped. Reserve it for when you don't!!!
nofal
Asst. Member

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 09:58:14 PM »

3. Create Multipads and correct the repeat timing for them to perfectly loop.

Vikram Sharma

Really want to know to he best way to fix this repeat timing. I got 8 bars and 4 beats on single note which I create with custom voice ( single drum sample - not loop - but trimmed and tested it to make sure it is looped) now when I change the length of the note , the pad still pause before it repeats again, so the note length was 30. if i changes it to 20, the pad still pause shortly, there is no silence at the beginning, not even at the end, ther are three lines on the edit page (just for one pad ) how to fix this repeat time ?
Thank you for the help in advance.
mark styles
PSR Performer

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 05:41:08 AM »

You have done a lot of good work here.   Did you check out Propellerhead's RECYCLE?

It is a simple program which let's you load any audio file. It will break it down to single audio clips, and then generate a MIDI file which will play the samples. The format is REX-2 or RX2.  You then load in the samples, and play the midi file.  you can change pitch and tempo independently.  This works on DAW software such as Cubase, Logic, Cakewalk, etc.

I don't think it will be too much of a stretch to apply it to Tyros. Most sequencers can load the RX2 files automatically. You may need to fiddle with changing the Rx2 files to wave or audio (forget which Tyros uses). You can then alter the Midi file timing to make new patterns.

Recycle is fairly old, if you look around you might find a free version of it somewhere.  

http://www.propellerheads.se/products/recycle/

Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
PSR Tutorial Forum  |  Tyros Keyboards  |  Tyros 3 (Moderator: MBedesem)  |  Topic: Indian Loops on Tyros 3, Dholak, Tabla, Dhol Beats « previous next »
Jump to: