PSR Tutorial Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 02:03:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
186,121 Posts in 24,649 Topics by 4,347 Members
Latest Member: Andy49uk
* Home Help Login Register
PSR Tutorial Forum  |  PSR-Exxx Keyboards  |  Other PSR-E Series keyboards  |  Topic: FLASH DRIVES ON THE PSR-E423 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: FLASH DRIVES ON THE PSR-E423  (Read 3834 times)
Dave1867
Supporter
Assoc Member

The key to a good song is the key!!

« on: September 20, 2010, 12:59:49 AM »

I've just spent a couple of hours trying to find a cable that will let me attach a flash drive, thumb nail drive (call them what you like),
but could I find one?!!!!    Angry

The problem is that the drive end of all the available cables is a male connection, and the connection on the flash drives, thumb nail drives etc. is ALSO a male connection. There are no flash drives available (as far as I'm aware) that can be plugged DIRECTLY into the back of the PSR-E423, you have to use a cable. Using a USB cable extension doesn't work because there are no extension cables available with the Yamaha type connection on one end and a FEMALE connection on the other end.

Long way around, I know,  Grin  but here's my question:

How do I connect a flash drive to the PSR-E423, giving me handy access to all these lovely styles and instruments out there?

Cheers,
Dave C.
Dave1867
Supporter
Assoc Member

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 02:50:40 AM »

Problem solved!

I found an adapter that will plug straight into the back of the PSR-E423 that will then allow me to plug USB flash drives straight into the USB port.  Grin  Grin

Cheers,

Dave C
tnicoson
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 03:01:55 AM »

Dave

Let us know if this works.  I have my doubts.  Typically, a unit with a TO HOST connection, like the E-423, is set up as a SLAVE unit and is not normally provided with the necessary circuitry for data flow control nor an operating system for handling a file system.  These functions are normally provided by the HOST device (computer or other device with an appropriate operating system).

Good luck !

Regards,

Ted

Dave1867
Supporter
Assoc Member

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 05:48:17 AM »

Thanks Ted,

I'll let you know how it goes, although I'm a little bit skeptical now that I've read your comments!  Grin

I may have to invest in a laptop, but before i do that I'd rather spend the extra money on a Tyros!!  Grin  Grin

Cheers
Dave C.
Dave1867
Supporter
Assoc Member

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 10:53:38 AM »

Dave

Let us know if this works.  I have my doubts.  Typically, a unit with a TO HOST connection, like the E-423, is set up as a SLAVE unit and is not normally provided with the necessary circuitry for data flow control nor an operating system for handling a file system.  These functions are normally provided by the HOST device (computer or other device with an appropriate operating system).

Good luck !

Regards,

Ted

Hi Ted,

You were right..it didn't work, and for exactly the reasons you said, still I had fun trying. I even loaded the Yamaha program onto the thumb drive to see if THAT would work....it didn't.  Cry

I guess the only way is to get a laptop and work that way. I've actually seen that done. There's a folk group from Adelaide who do that sort of thing.

One thing I noticed loading style files from the flash memory on the PSR-E423, it takes 15 to 20 seconds to transfer it to the right place. That could be a bit embarrassing during a gig!!   Grin

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Dave C
jeeradate
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 11:46:39 PM »

Good try, I follow every posts of you on E423.
Thank you.
Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
PSR Tutorial Forum  |  PSR-Exxx Keyboards  |  Other PSR-E Series keyboards  |  Topic: FLASH DRIVES ON THE PSR-E423 « previous next »
Jump to: