PSR Tutorial Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 08:47:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
PSR Tutorial "Home" Page
144,432 Posts in 20,331 Topics by 4,449 Members
Latest Member: lilryu
* Home Help Login Register
PSR Tutorial Forum  |  PSR-Sxxx Keyboards  |  PSR-S910/S710  |  Topic: New OS updates for S710 and S910 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New OS updates for S710 and S910  (Read 5363 times)
EileenL
Tyros 5 Plus Stage Pass 300 S950.
PSR Performer

Essex UK

« on: May 28, 2010, 03:00:01 PM »

New updates from Yamaha today fir these keyboards
    Eileen

theoriginal
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 10:04:41 PM »

thanks for informing..  Wink
PG
Shadow

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 06:34:10 AM »

Thank you so much, I installed the update and it worked. What does firmware do?
            Shadow
theoriginal
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 07:24:04 AM »

on the site it says that this firmware upgrade will allow you to use wireless LAN adapters with your keyboard (via USB port), I was hoping there would be more to it, but still I guess being able to use a wireless LAN adapter is still quite a wonderful thing...
PG
Shadow

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 03:02:38 PM »

Thank you for the information
         Shadow
roger bradbury
Assoc Member

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 01:55:30 PM »

Hi ! I have downloaded the New OS updates for the s910, please can you tell me how to install Huh??  Roger

Keyboards Kn7000--- Tyros 5 . Bose L1 Compact  Studiologic TMK 88 and s950
Kurt

PSR-S900, PSR-S500

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 02:09:59 PM »

Roger,

You can download a detailed instruction from this Yamaha site: http://music.yamaha.com/products/downloads.html?productId=1040741

Look for "Installation Instructions for PSR Series".

But if you don't need the new features for wireless LAN adapters you will get no benefit from the new firmware.

Regards,
Kurt
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 02:12:19 PM by Kurt » Logged
Tresclub
PSR Performer

Revel and Warren

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 02:13:42 PM »

Roger,

* Take the thumb drive out of your 910
* Plug it in into your pc
* Unzip/copy all of the upgrade files into the root directory of your thumb drive
* Plug the thumb drive back into your 910

* Hold down the [START/STOP] button and press the [STANDBY/ON] switch.
* Continue to hold down the [START/STOP] button until the following message is displayed.
* "To start installation, please press the [Start/Stop] button."
* To start the installation, release the [START/STOP] button and then press it once again.
* After indicating that data is being loaded, the PSR-S910/S710 will begin to install the new version of the firmware.
* The following message is displayed at this time. Upgrading of the firmware takes approximately 5 minutes.
* "Now installing.  Please wait a moment."

* To confirm the instrument’s current firmware version as follows:
* Press [Function/Utility]
* Tab over to Owner
* Press the version button (7) to display the current firmware version.

Hope this helps.

Warren

roger bradbury
Assoc Member

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 02:35:05 PM »

Warren and Kurt.....A BIG thank you and all is well. I looked and looked for instructions. I am now off to bed to recover from the stress !!!!!!! Thank you.  Roger

Keyboards Kn7000--- Tyros 5 . Bose L1 Compact  Studiologic TMK 88 and s950
dont811
Supporter

S-910;MU-128;Proteus 1&2/XR;Proteus2k;Korg I30

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2012, 05:34:48 PM »

Well Hello ALL, It's 8:28PM Sat. May 5th & I'm reading & LEARNING from you great contributors, instead of taking my wife out. So I better be quick about this...right ?
  My ?: We all know that "if it ain't broken . . don't . ." Well, what exactly will the new Firmware upgrade - PSR-S910 Version 1.10,  do for my beloved S910 ?? I've tried SEARCH-to no avail, then again i have 4-eyes.
Will it really HELP ?
2)I have a collection of Tyros4 Voices-where is the tutorial for loading Voices in the 910 ??
3) I have 100's of SONG LYRICS, like most of us:
 in what format, FONT, measurements of the page ect must i use    to  utilize & ENJOY this benefit of my "DREAM MACHINE."
   Thank you ALL in advance for your time in responding. I eagerly await my HELP.
Regards,
Don

Thanks again 4 all your help.S-910; MU128;  Proteus1&2/XR; Proteus2000;SC-55; KORG I-30;Digitech Vocalist;
Hammond X5; Leslie760
http://www.youtube.com/user/donscaptvideo
I try to be a Musician Now ya know y I'm so crazy ;)Looking for a 5" take-up ree
Joe H
Supporter

PSR S910

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2012, 08:07:38 PM »

Don,

You probably already have v1.10 in your S910. to check for sure...

Press UTILITY

Then Tab to Owner

At the bottom right of your screen... you will see Version

Regards,
Joe H

Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for Contemporary Dance Music. Download Registrations, Styles & Multi Pads:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html
Ed B
Global Moderator

PSr S900, Finale 2011, Toronto Canada

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2012, 05:39:36 PM »

Don
To load any style first run them through Michael Bedsems Midiplayer with your keyboard selected this should correct some of the voices that you definitively do not have on your keyboard. Even then you will probably have to make further changes. They are different keyboards with different voices. Then load on a USB flash drive plug into the USB port on your 910 and select the style using the USER button in your style selection section of the keyboard. Try it and then you may have further tuning to do. See the section in the tutorials on tuning styles.
http://www.psrtutorial.com/lessons/tune/adjStyle/index.html
As to the lyrics do you want them imbedded in the song or displayed separately?
Regards
Ed B

Keep on learning
Marcosf
Asst. Member

Greetings from Chavezland (exVenezuela)

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2012, 11:59:02 AM »

Hi friends and Yamaha keyboards users!!

My name is Marcos Fidel Suárez, I write from Caracas, CHavezland (ex Venezuela 13 yeards ago......);  I am a proud owner of Yamaha PSR-S910, I have the following situation with the IDC, I want to connect me S910 using a wireless USB Lan, I read in Yamaha page a list of Device USB compatible tested for Yamaha, I buyed two wireless USB adapter, one brand TP-LINK model TL-WN721N and another brand D-LINK model DWA-125 (in the list mentioned D-LINK model DWL-120/122 but both are discontinued).

Me S910 have the last version firmware (V 1.10); that can use wireless connection, when I connect with S910 say me a message "USB wireless device connected is not compatible with the instrument, please connect other compatible" One user has managed to connect your S910 via wireless USB adapter? what brand and model has worked well please?

Thanks in advanced, I cordially dismissal:

Marcos F. Suárez._

Marcos Fidel/ PSR-S910
dont811
Supporter

S-910;MU-128;Proteus 1&2/XR;Proteus2k;Korg I30

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2012, 11:28:28 AM »

2:30PM EDT from THUNDERING, ROCK-N-ROLLIN So Fl,
 Hi Joe H--I checked my OS  b-4 starting the op. It was 1.01-so I quickly, quietly, & painlessly performed the induzion Wink

Ed B- i NOT ONLY READ THAT PAGE BUT PRINTED IT OUT FOR FURTHER STUDY. Now I'll have to look for that miDi Player

Oh,  I would LOVE to be able to read the lyrics w/ Chords over the words. I don't know if that is in Yamaha vernacular as "imbedding."  I know how to cut & paiste most anything--I would learn how to do my lyrics so i would NOT have to  haul a couple of milkcrates w/books & sheets from years of playing out. The back can't take THAT anymore. As for the "WISE MAN"  who described about our failing ears: you got that right too !
Too much Led Zepp; Iron Butterfly; ZZ top; MOTOWN; and especially Hoagy Carmichael accented w/ tinitus four eyes, make this boy wanting LARGE LYRICS.
Thanks again for answering. It's truly appreciated. Smiley

Thanks again 4 all your help.S-910; MU128;  Proteus1&2/XR; Proteus2000;SC-55; KORG I-30;Digitech Vocalist;
Hammond X5; Leslie760
http://www.youtube.com/user/donscaptvideo
I try to be a Musician Now ya know y I'm so crazy ;)Looking for a 5" take-up ree
Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
PSR Tutorial Forum  |  PSR-Sxxx Keyboards  |  PSR-S910/S710  |  Topic: New OS updates for S710 and S910 « previous next »
Jump to: