PSR Tutorial Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2015, 06:44:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
144,093 Posts in 20,303 Topics by 4,608 Members
Latest Member: punti
* Home Help Login Register
PSR Tutorial Forum  |  Understanding PSR/Tyros Features  |  MIDI Files and Setup (Moderators: MBedesem, Tyros Trax)  |  Topic: who is the master of playing midi files on the psr-s910 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: who is the master of playing midi files on the psr-s910  (Read 1848 times)
hawks

« on: March 27, 2010, 10:28:36 PM »

I USE THE PSR S-910 TO PLAY ALONG TO MIDI FILES. I USE SERANDE TO INPUT LYRICS AND DO SOME MODIFICATION TO TRACK VOLUMES. HOWEVER ONCEI I LOAD THESE INTO MY USB AND INSERT INTO MY KEYBOARD I FIND THERE ARE PARTS I DON'T NEED. IF I GO AND TURN THESE CHANNELS OFF AND DO SOME REVOICING AND VOLUME CHANGES HOW TO I SAVE THEM? ALSO IS THERE ANY WAY TO SAVE FOUR OF THE SOUNDS I WOULD BE USING TO PLAY ALONG TO EACH MIDI FILE IN THE ONE TOUCH SETTING BANKS? OR IS THIS ONLY SET UP FOR STYLES?
Bill Grosse
PSR Professor

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 11:38:19 PM »

Hawks,

Your in luck because you can do all this on your keyboard.

To make the changes you wish to your MIDI song, load the song and make all the voice changes, volume adjustments using the Mixing Console and set the voices you want to use for playing along with the MIDI.
Then go to [Song Creator] and tab to the Channel page as shown in the attached picture.
Use the (B) button to move down to line (5) SETUP.
Put check marks in all the boxes as shown, but also put a check mark in the Lyrics box.
Then make sure the song is back to the beginning by pressing the song stop button a couple of times.
Then press button (D) Execute and after the operation has completed press the SAVE button on the right side of the display and save the song.

I recommend you save the song to a new name so as to keep the original unchanged in case you wish to do something different later.

That's it!

Bill G

[attachment deleted by admin]

I wasn't going to do anything today - so far, I'm on schedule, Smiley
hawks

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 10:38:01 PM »

Thanks for the help. I have been playing keyboards in various bands for 30 years and have owned several keyboards and without question the yamaha psr-s910 is the most versatile keyboard I have ever played. Having the ability of playing mp3's onboard allows you to match pretty much any instrument sound in the song with a voice within the s910. Practicing is a dream. Never had a keyboard with such great guitar sounds. Believe it or not I am teaching my wife how to play guitar using my keyboard. it is fun to learn the fingering positions so we  sound the same. we only own one guitar. I have actually recorded my guitar player in my band playing acoustic guitar through my keyboard and I also played along switching from rhythm to lead and it was hard to tell who was playing which instrument.
Bill Grosse
PSR Professor

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 12:31:36 AM »

Hawks,

Would enjoy listening to some of your playing.  Cool

Yeah - give the wife the guitar - keep the keyboard.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Bill G

maxmiller91
Supporter

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 09:47:33 PM »

Hi Bill - I have the Tyros 2 and am wondering if it is possible to use midi files in registrations and if so, would this require Music Creator as well as effects as noted what is checked in the boxes in the picture you included.  Also, I have a hard drive and Dimms memory but understand MP3 can't be used on Tyros 2, is this even after converting to wave?  Thanks for any help.  Maxine

Tyros 2
Yamaha P120
Roland KC 350 amp.
Bill Grosse
PSR Professor

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 12:27:07 AM »

Hey Maxine how you doing - long time since we have collaborated on the keyboard.

Yes indeed a registration can load a MIDI file - see the attached picture of the registration check boxes and you see the very first box is SONG and this song is for MIDI type songs only.

If this box is checked when you make a registration, whatever song is loaded ready to play will be loaded every time you use this registration. So load the song and then make the registration. Now don't go moving the song to a different storage location or the registration will not be able to find it.

You can do the same thing with a Wave type song, but you put a check mark in the box "HDR", shown in the picture below the song box about 5 lines down. Again the song must be loaded into the hard drive song player before you make the registration. This feature uses only wave files so you know you can't use an MP3. You can convert an MP3 to a wave using several PC programs and usually the program you use to make the MP3 will do the conversion.

Wave Files which can be imported must have these characteristics:
Stereo Wave data
44.1 kHz sample rate
16-bit resolution
A length of less than or equal to 80 minutes

Hope this will get you going.

Bill G

[attachment deleted by admin]

maxmiller91
Supporter

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 12:58:44 AM »

Thanks for the help Bill.  I'll get started on this tomorrow and try to work through a snag I've had in the past when attempting to load the converted MP3 (wave file) to the hard drive and will let you know how it goes.  Maxine

Tyros 2
Yamaha P120
Roland KC 350 amp.
Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
PSR Tutorial Forum  |  Understanding PSR/Tyros Features  |  MIDI Files and Setup (Moderators: MBedesem, Tyros Trax)  |  Topic: who is the master of playing midi files on the psr-s910 « previous next »
Jump to: