Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
PSR-S975/S775 / Re: The Honest Truth about PSR-S975?
« Last post by avalon2k41 on Today at 11:22:05 PM »
I played around with the 775 and 975 and really did not notice too many differences. This keyboard was more of a minor change. I think Yamaha is waiting until 2020 or 2021 to release something that is more different. We are toward the end of a decade cycle and I think that might also be the reason why they are waiting for a major upgrade with the PSR series keyboards. Music and technology needs to have time to change and since we are at the end of everything this decade we are at that point where we do not know what will happen next for music genres, or technology. I have also read many reviews of what others have said and they are basically saying the same thing...it was just a minor update. Long story short...If you already have the PSR S-770, I would just wait.
Genos Styles/OTS/Multi Pads / Re: Genos Style Octave
« Last post by overover on Today at 10:32:36 PM »
... I'm wondering if anyone could help me with regards to changing the octave of an instrument in a style?
For example, on one of the PAD parts of a style, the Organ is playing a lower octave. I would like to increase the octave of that organ sound.
I do not see an option on the Genos like i did on the Tyros - i can change the octave of my right hand parts but not the style parts.

Any ideas? ...

Hi Michael,

a Style Part can NOT be transposed by "simply" changing directly the Note events inside the Style, because in the CASM settings of most Styles there is defined a "key window" for each Part (which notes a particular Part should play).

So please try to adjust the parameters "High Key" and/or "Note Limit (High/Low)" of the particlular Target Part/Channel instead, as described in Genos Reference Manual, pages 21 - 24 ("SFF EditóMaking Style File Format Settings").

P.S.
Another way would be to revoice the Style Part with a Voice that sounds an octave higher by itself. If you can not find such a Preset Voice, you can make a new Voice (transposed by one octave) in YEM.

Best regards,
Chris
Yamaha Keyboards - General / Re: ppi file
« Last post by overover on Today at 09:47:07 PM »
Hi yamahalover,

.ppi files can ONLY be imported directly to the keyboard and ONLY to the specific model (Genos, Tyros5, PSR-S975/970/775/770/670) for which the .ppi file was originally created (in YEM).

.ppi files can NOT be "back-imported" to YEM, and there is NO way to convert a .ppi file to a .ppf file (to use with YEM).

Best regards,
Chris
PSR-S975/S775 / Re: SongBook+ with PSR-S975
« Last post by overover on Today at 09:29:58 PM »
The manual of songbook+ says on page 3, that it works 2 ways with the psr-975.
With Tyros 2-5, PSR-S775 and PSR-S975 keyboards, both  directions of remote control are possible.
With the Tyros 1 and older PSR keyboards, only the direction from keyboard to SongBook+ is available.

Mels

Yes, Mels, you are right:

With the new PSR-S775 and PSR-S975, BOTH directions of remote control are possible (in connection with Registrations), while with OLDER PSR-S models only the method "Dummy MIDI file in Registration calls up a 'Song' in Songbook+" is possible. :)

@all
Here the link to download the additional Songbook+ Manual for Tyros2-5 and PSR-S models:

http://www.baum-software.ch/downloads/OtherManuals/Manual_Yamaha_SongBook.pdf

P.S.
For Genos there is a different Manual:

http://www.baum-software.ch/downloads/OtherManuals/Manual_Yamaha_Genos_SongBook.pdf

Best regards,
Chris

Genos - General / Re: Tyros 5 registrations, songs and Songbook,
« Last post by overover on Today at 09:15:26 PM »
@Niceonetidy
Hi Colin,

here the link to download the additional Manual for "Genos & Songbook+": :)

http://www.baum-software.ch/downloads/OtherManuals/Manual_Yamaha_Genos_SongBook.pdf

Best regards,
Chris
« Last post by Al Ram on Today at 07:44:21 PM »
The linking method i was referring to, has nothing to do with WiFi.

It is the new way to synch SongBook+ to Genos registrations.  With this new method you do not need midi files to control the registrations.    It links without midi files.     You can bring up the Genos registrations  by bringing up the PDF from the iPad/SongBook and the other way around when you select a Genos registrations it brings up the PDF on the iPad/SongBook+.

Before you establish this link, you need to connect the Genos to the iPad first.  I believe you were using a physical cable with camera adapter.

This linking method eliminates the need for midi files but it does not eliminate the cable.    The linking method works with the way you were connecting Genos and iPad using a physical cable with Apple Camera connector.  You do not necessarily need wifi for the linking of registrations. 

There are two different things here.  One is the connection between iPad to Genos (cable, wifi, wireless, etc) and the other is the linking of SongBook entries to Genos registrations.

So, first, establish the connection between Genos and iPad/SongBook+ and then establish the linking method between SongBook+ and Genos registrations.

If you want to eliminate the cable, then you can try wifi and or a bluetooth wireless adapter, but i would try that later after you have this working first. 

Hope this helps.

thanks

PSR-S975/S775 / Re: SongBook+ with PSR-S975
« Last post by mels on Today at 07:17:20 PM »
The manual of songbook+ says on page 3, that it works 2 ways with the psr-975.
With Tyros 2-5, PSR-S775 and PSR-S975 keyboards, both  directions of remote control are possible.
With the Tyros 1 and older PSR keyboards, only the direction from keyboard to SongBook+ is available.

Mels
« Last post by Niceonetidy on Today at 07:05:10 PM »
I tried the new WiFi method sand get an error with the connection?
« Last post by Al Ram on Today at 05:51:22 PM »
The new way of linking Genos to iPad (and viceverse) is great.  No more midi files created for this purpose.   I highly recommend this method.
Yamaha Keyboards - General / ppi file
« Last post by Yamahalover on Today at 05:43:57 PM »
hi guys

I have some ppi files in my computer and want to import them in yem to make some changes and then upload again in my instrument, how
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10