Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
PSR-E Series / Re: PSR-EW400 and USB use with DAW
« Last post by Jay B. on Today at 11:53:36 AM »
Hi Michael, Thanks for responding.
  • OS would be Windows 10 64-bit
  • DAW could be anything as I don't have one yet, but let's say Cubase
  • I am interested in the live application here

I am thinking that the USB cable only handles I/O between the laptop and the keyboard. In order to mix the keyboard and VSTs audio and send signal to PA or speakers, there would have to be an Audio interface, correct?
Genos - General / Re: Genos + WiFi
« Last post by Stijn on Today at 11:40:12 AM »
For SongBook+

SongBook+ allows you to manage your songs with lyrics and/or sheet music, playbacks, MIDI files, videos and to always have them at hand when performing.

and the Yamaha MusicSoft App which I use to keep a copy of all my Registrations on Dropbox:

You can use this app to connect your Yamaha digital instrument with an iPhone or iPad. Compatible instrument users can transfer the content to the instrument using a wi-fi connection. You can also backup your instrument data or restore data to your instrument. Use the Dropbox* or iTunes file sharing feature to transfer data from your computer to your instrument. 
MusicSoft Manager is an application for the iPhone and iPad that allows you to purchase data for a Yamaha digital instrument, such as MIDI Songs and Style Files, and transfer the data straight to your instrument.
Genos - General / Re: MP3-CDG files upload completed
« Last post by Dick Rector on Today at 09:50:40 AM »
Thank you very much for this extensive explanation Maarten.
At least I understand now.

Hartelijk dank Maarten en groeten vanuit Bali
Micheal, you're right! I deleted the 's' from 'https' and it worked!

I too lost the icons on my Samsung Tab S Android tablet,I can confirm that this solution worked for me,thanks to those who have the tech savvy.

Genos - General / Re: Genos + WiFi
« Last post by maartenb on Today at 09:45:47 AM »
For showing the time in the upper right corner.

Genos - General / Re: MP3-CDG files upload completed
« Last post by maartenb on Today at 09:44:44 AM »
Downloading just works. It may take some time though, because it's a lot of data. Allow me to explain and show you what's going on behind the curtains.

How this downloading from Google Drive works
When you select Download on a folder, (e.g. "0-9", "A", or "Christmas") you are attempting to download multiple files, since there are more than one file in each folder. The Internet website protocols don't not have an option to download multiple files.  One can only download one file per "click".

So Google has a clever workaround. As soon as you select to download a folder, the Google servers start to put all the files in that folder into one .zip file. Now you download just one file and this one file contains all the files in the folder. This is also the reason why you have to unpack the .zip on your computer to get to the multiple files.

So, getting the files is a two-step process:
  • Zipping all the files into one file by Google
  • Downloading the one .zip file to your computer

1. Zipping
This "zipping" by Google takes some time, especially when the folder contain a lot of data (as is the case here). You can see the progress in the bottom right corner. The circle starts out in grey. Then slowly, the circle starts to get blue, from the 12 o'clock position to 1 o'clock, 2 o'clock and so on. In other words, this is a progress bar, bended into a circle.

The speed of zipping is only determined by the available compute power on Googles servers. It has nothing to do with your Internet connection speed. And therefore, there is nothing you can do to speed it up (not quite true, see tips below).

2. Downloading
After Google is done zipping (and the progress circle is fully blue), you see a pop-up asking you where to save the .zip file. Now the file gets downloaded to your computer. The speed of downloading is only determined by the speed of your Internet connection. Google is faster than you. Googles "pipes" are much "wider" than your Internet connection. The only thing you can do to speed up the download is to get a faster Internet connection.

Some tips for downloading these files
Even though your options to speed things up are limited, here are some tips.
  • Download one folder at a time, not all folders in one go.
    So start with downloading folder "0-9", then "A", then "B", etc. This takes a while, so have a cup of coffee or tea. I combine it with working at the computer, while in the background Google zips and my computer then downloads the file.
  • Use Ethernet cable, not WiFi
    If the network in your house consists of both Ethernet cables and WiFi, plug the Ethernet cable into your laptop/computer. Ethernet has higher throughput than WiFi. This only speeds up the download part, not the zipping part.
  • If you are living in Europe (UK included), download in the morning.
    Google divides its compute power over all its users. In the morning (CET and GMT time zones) the USA is still asleep. This means less users to share compute power with, so the zipping part might go faster (there is no difference for the downloading part.)
    (I don't know the best time for the other time zones, like USA/South America or Australia/Asia.)

PSR-E Series / Re: PSR-EW400 and USB use with DAW
« Last post by SeaGtGruff on Today at 09:16:30 AM »
Yes, you can do that. Your setup might vary depending on what you want to achieve.

Which operating system would you be using?

Which DAW would you be using?

Would you be performing live on stage, or just playing at home?

Well, I have got the UD-BT01 to work with MobileSheets WITHOUT needing any additional apps running. This is because MobileSheets is smart enough to recognise that Bluetooth USB ports. Other programs such as Notation Composer don't seem to pick up the midi port though. A fix for that is the LoopMIDI and MIDIberry program/apps.

I am returning the UD-BT01 and replacing it with the direct plugin to the midi port on the keyboard one, the MD-BT01. This is because I found that the UD-BT01 only gives ONE midi port, and not the two, as the Tyros 4 has.

I will pug the MD-BT01 into midi B on the Tyros, and in that way everything will work nicely and I won't have to make unwanted changes to my Midi A settings.

And so we learn more.....
Hi Chris,

Which MIDI ports (A or B) do you plug your MDBT01 into?

Have you been able to get MobileSheets to change registrations for you?

What do you use the MDBT01 for?

I have sort of got the UD-BT01, but only by using LoopMIDI and Midiberry, which isn't very convenient. It doesn't work with MobileSheets as yet....

Many thanks for your assistance,
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10