Author Topic: Behringer USB guitar with the PSR 1500 ?  (Read 1645 times)

rey2009

Behringer USB guitar with the PSR 1500 ?
« on: June 29, 2009, 06:06:46 PM »
Hello. Can I connect directly a Behringer USB guitar to a PSR-1500 ? Some merchants  tell me - the USB guitar is not good-get an electric one and then but an USB/jack adapter($+60 !)(Behringer makes one)Or buy this amp + cable and connect it to your pc that way...

Heck I just want to see how I can fare with  an electric guitar and analyze my faults via a pc !Playing the guitar via the Psr 1500 keyboard is not that self evident..

Also can I use the Yamaha foot switch to control the keyboard while playing the guitar ?

Note-Behringer made electric guitars before switching to their USB-I understand that they were all crappy and that in their "gig sets(guitar,amp,bag etc..)" the best item was the amp and not that good at that !

Offline MarkF_48

Re: Behringer USB guitar with the PSR 1500 ?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 03:58:26 AM »
I'm going to assume the USB port on your PSR-1500 functions the same as on my PSR-S900. The USB port on these keyboards is designed for data access to and from storage devices such as USB thumb drives, floppy drives, CD drives, and hard drives. The USB guitar when used on a PC would probably need software drivers installed in order to recognize the guitars digital signals. You would not be able to install these drivers into a PSR-1500.

Offline Bill Grosse

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 06:46:31 AM »
Rey,

Yes - You can play the USB guitar through the 1500 keyboard using Audio only, but the guitar
would still have to be connected to your PC because the PC provides the power and the signal processing.

The USB guitar has two audio outs - one for headphone and one for a guitar amp.

Bill G
I wasn't going to do anything today - so far, I'm on schedule, :)

rey2009

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 11:08:32 AM »
Thanks for the infos..I finally bought a plain ole electric guitar(6 cords) .a pre-USB Behringer-it is solid...
The Behringer guitar especially the latest USB iAXE series- thei rdrivers need to go on the pc- but for Windows only..As I am on Linux now,well...