Author Topic: Break button  (Read 1731 times)

Offline jimo

Break button
« on: February 21, 2009, 04:08:51 AM »
Hello

I would like to use the "Break" button on my PSR3000.Every time I try using it I miss it as the button has to be pressed on the first beat of the bar.Is it possible to adjust this so it comes on in the following bar?I checked the Lessons part of this site but could not find anything on the break button.

Cheers Jimo

Online travlin-easy

Re: Break button
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 08:22:08 AM »
I don't believe there is an adjustment for this--it's just a matter of timing.

Good Luck,

Gary  8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline RONBO

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 09:15:26 AM »
I hold my break button down for a couple of bars by crossing my right hand over to the break button (psr 2100). that way you actually will get to hear the break up to two times if you hit it just right
I go one step further by playing most of the chords in the song WHILE HOLDING THE BREAK BUTTON DOWN. That way you get to listen to the break in a different way that adds a little something to your performance. You can't do it all the time, but once or twice during a gig is great.

Try it

Ron

Offline Eddie Shoemaker

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 09:28:48 AM »
A foot switch (Pedal) can simplify triggering breaks, fills and even changing variations. So many of these events occur at a chord change that it can be very difficult coordinating chord change and breaks or fills with you hands.

Like everything else...all it takes is a little practice.

Eddie

Offline jimo

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 10:39:45 PM »
Thanks to you all.

The foot pedal works well.I have bought a second one. I use one for triggering the harmony as the PSR 3000 does not have a convenient harmony button and the second (now) for the break button. In fact if you depress the foot switch in the bar prior to the one where you want the beak to happen it comes in on the following bar.You have to depress the pedal again to cancel or it will  repeating the break over and over.

Anyway it fixes my problem.Thank you. Jim.