Author Topic: 528HZ love frequency  (Read 9473 times)

rey2009

528HZ love frequency
« on: February 20, 2009, 10:44:23 AM »
Okay  from what I was able to understand from
http://www.love528.com

You can on Yamaha  arranger workstations tune it 2 ways:

1- master tuning it to 528Hz

2-tuning it by scale

In your owner's manual it is usually under "Changing Pitch" caption(on the Yamaha PSR1500/3000 it is on pages 81-82

I did the master tune.However some songs "choked" the ones that come pre-registered with the PSR1500

This was to be expected as one need to use software to adjust pre-recorded songs to the 528Hz frequency..

Now master tuning means that all instruments are now in the 528Hz freq.And yes the sound is certainly better and more soothing..(less aggressive)

You can  master tune your synth to 443Hz=528Hz

It you want to tune let us say C individually,from its current 440Hz you  do this : +12cents which is equal to 443Hz

As per I understand it the Scale type does not really matter..but for me I tend to belivee that the Equal Temperament Scale ought to be avoided..

I still do not understand all of the 528Hz concepts as the explanations are still fuzzy to a degree..

Hence if we change the C(440-Hz) which all others are based upon then the other notes are adjusted to their new frequencies as well ?

I do not have a string instrument nor a Korg Chromatic Tuner..So if any musician have those and can post his findings here it would be appreciated.

Offline Bill Grosse

Re: 528HZ love frequency
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 01:08:01 PM »
Okay - so now you have an out of tune keyboard that makes all the existing songs not sound so good.

I think if you want to accomplish the out come purported in the referenced material, you will have to get the advertised tuner.  ;)
And then you will need to make your own songs using the new tunings and the resultant "new scale".
Sounds like a lot of work to me.  :o

Have you purchased and tried any of the "Love 528" water being pushed there?  ::)

Come on Rey, this keyboard is hard enough to learn and understand without falling over the edge!
 Keep us posted on your experience and where you finally land with the 528 tuning.

Bill G
I wasn't going to do anything today - so far, I'm on schedule, :)

rey2009

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 05:41:05 PM »
To Bill G...

I stated (?!) that only certain songs did choke briefly>As per the 528Love website and the 2 Youtube videos you do not need a Korg CA-30 or 40(newer)
One can easily return to 440Hz via the master scale..

My main beef is this- what happens to the other notes when they are in the 443hz(=528hz)? I do not have a second instrument so I cannot compare..

So maybe when I get the SMCard to upgrade to  the OS to 1.8(my current version is 1.52) the pre-recorded songs (certain) will no longer choke ?!

Offline Bill Grosse

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 06:01:08 PM »
Rey,

The upgrade will not help.
You have to look at the way the keyboard is constructed and how it delivers the notes of the scale.
No matter how you adjust the master tuning, all the notes will maintain the frequency relationship to each other.
You will still get the same scale spacing of the notes.

Merely tuning the keyboard a few cents from standard is not going to noticeably alter the way the keyboard sounds.
You will just raise or lower the pitch a bit - much the same as a transpose.
From what I have read at the referenced sites, you have to tune the entire scale for the "intertonal" relationships to work.
Of course, they want to sell you their tapes and DVD's to impart the "secret".  ;)

Bill G

rey2009

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 08:07:46 PM »
To Bill G. well it was worth asking.. :)

So if I get this right ,I will have to adjust each notes of all of the 7  preset scales(not taking into account  THE Arabic 1 and 2).Hence this means the followings: (as per the 3rd column on 3rd  http://www.love528.com   ,re under Korg Oasys Tuning Adjustment

-443.06Hz(C) or (+12 cents)
 -427.37Hz(D) or (-50 cents)
 -451.07Hz(E Flat) or (+43 cents)
 -437.97Hz(F) or (-08 cents)
 -444.09Hz(G) or (+16 cents)
 -427.47Hz(A) or (-50 cents)
 -428.96Hz(B) or (-44 cents)
 -443.06Hz(G#) or (+12 cents)
 -440.00Hz(f#) or (+00 cents)

As for the DVD,books well tha tis up to each to buy or not to buy.But let me say this these freq  are all healing frequencies to a degree..(ever heard of music therapy-It even works on animals and for plants too thus..
Many frequencies tha tis healing ones made by specific instruments were used in the past by the Chinese,Vietnamese etc..and are still being used in India as well..

I remember have perused  a book on this- a big book,complicated(it was in French) but that was  20 yrs ago and no technology existed at that time to reproduce those sounds..

See  http://www.musictherapyworld.net

Offline Bill Grosse

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 08:57:05 PM »
Rey,

I guess I've missed something in all this.
How many notes are in the scales they mention - 12 - 9 - or 7?
What is the specific tuning frequency of each of those notes?
According to the referenced expert, all notes of the perfect 528 Hz scale have frequencies with "no" decimal places.
How will you construct chords using those scales and how will you name those chords?
Seems that pi and the number "3" are integral in the 528 phenomenon.

Maybe you can clear this up for me.  ???

Bill G

rey2009

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 09:13:00 AM »
To BIll G. well as I understand it there are 9  notes in the Perfect Circle of Sounds...

Also they had to make de special pitch forks tuned to these frequencies

and then used them to in conjuction wiht a Korg Oasys in order to get the exact frequencies which are the Korg  Oasys Tuning Adjustment

As per my previous posts:

Perfect Circle of Sound-----Korg Chromatic tuner----Korg Oasys tunng Adjustment

528 Hz=C  ......................443 Hz=C...................443.06(C) or ( +12 cents)
285 Hz=D  ......................427 Hz=D..................427.37(D) or ( -50 cents)
639 Hz = E flat.................451 Hz=E Flat........... 451.07 Hz (E Flat) or (+43 cents)
174 Hz =F........................437 Hz=F..................437.97 Hz (F) or ( -08 cents)
396 Hz =G........................444 H=G..................444.09 Hz (G) or (+16 cents)
852 Hz=A.........................427 Hz=A.................427.47Hz (A) or ( -50 cents)
963 Hz=B.........................428 Hz=B................ 428.96 Hz (B) or ( -44 cents)
417 Hz=G#.......................443 Hz=G#..............443.06 (G#) or ( +12 cents)
714 Hz=F#........................440 Hz=F#..............440.00 Hz (F#) or (+00cents)

From the above one will notice right away that our present Western tuning of C to 440.0 Hz is in fact as per the Perfect Circle of sound  F# !
The question as how to go about adjusting the PSR1500-unfortunately Yamaha OS is murky at best.
The owner's manual is not that self explanatory.Also as their OS is copyright and not from an open source  OS (Operating System) like Oasys on the Korg, thus...

For the PSR 1500/3000 one has to look at the  stern Data List Manual .I am still trying to make some sense out of it...

If one compares the above manual with the Roland E-80 Manual   night and day...But as Yamaha has increased their prices on the Tyros... the Roland E-80 suddenly becomes  affordable.
Download the Roland E-80 manual and look up the section "Using the performance functions, see "Scale Tuning"...

Roland has made it easy for the E-80 users  which are musicians before being sound engineers or programmers..

The PSR 1500-3000 basically have the same functions as of the Roland E-80 but the learning curve on the PSR is much steeper..

Note-In the past I used Pc(Windows) then switched to Mac and then back to Windows(as Mac got too pricey)and I had to re-learn forgotten skills..!Now as Apple is based on the  Intel chips and run under a copyright version of Unix to a degree..

I am getting a 2nd(cheap)  pc soon and will run it on Ubuntu (linux) in order to use Multimedia Linux software(which are next to all free)as compared to the pricey Windows nes..
More and more Linux programs are being ported to Windows but but can and do conflict with other Linux programs (re see my post abut Scala and LilyPound)
Also as Windows 7 is coming out(to replace the old(!) buggy Vista)so it means that Linux programs on the XP will have to be ported to Windows 7 as well,hence..

Offline Bill Grosse

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 09:47:58 AM »
Have you really looked at that scale and imagined how it will sound?
Try singing it!
Does it in any way sound like a scale as we know scales.

Chart that scale on a frequency graph.
Which notes do you think will sound good when played with some of the others as a chord?
Now try to play it using the keys on the keyboard.
Sure is hard all that jumping around after the B - do you go to the G# and F# above the B or the ones below.  :o
Sure nothing intuitive in this to my mind.  ???

Notice how the D is actually lower than the C and the F lower than the E flat.
What am I missing here?

Can you find a song anyone has recorded using these tunings that we can have a listen?

Bill G

rey2009

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2009, 12:10:25 PM »
The way I understand it is that you adjust the instruments first.

As for  songs + music that is adjusted to the  C of  528Hz or 443Hz the music

Also go to  http://www.templeofsacredsound.org  you CLICK on TONIC CHAMBERS

These sounds are associated with the Buddhist(tantric?) tradition..
[I might add that I am no fan of Buddhism nor of the Dailai Lama nor into this New Age crap of Ascending Masters

If people want to find out the true origin of the New Age,Freemasonry,Theosophy etc simply go to this  website

http://www.cuttingthroughthematrix.com   And yes, reality sucks but no excuse to ignore it..]

Also go to  http://www.healingsounds.com/  and look up in their Shop for healing products..

A cheaper alternative is using a Korg CA-30 or 40 (newer)chromatic tuner..or 40T with a metronome..

The Roland E-80 has a built-in chromatic tuner/metronome

On the PSR1500/3000 manual one must master the Reference (p76-128)section

Also I do believe a chromatic tuner is essential as the PSR does not seem to have one..

My main interest in Music is for its healing capacities (spiritually,mentally and physically);therefore all kinds of "rock/metal/hard/punk whatever are not" my turf;also interested in music theory as per se.. as the current(Western methods) are unduly complicated

Offline Bill Grosse

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2009, 01:10:08 PM »
Rey,

Okay - Now I get it.
No scales just single notes played or hummed for all eternity.
30 seconds and I am already healed.  ;)

Time to move on for me.

Bill G

rey2009

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2009, 05:38:55 PM »
To tune stringed instruments (guitar,etc..) no need to buy a pitch fork go to:

http://web.mac.com/len15/LOVE528/528_Tuner.html

there you go to  "To Tune a guitar ".. and click on CLICK HERE...

I presume people owning a guitar do know how to tune it...

More infos about it can be found here:
http://entertainment.howstuffworks,com/guitar.htm/printable

And for those interested go to  http://freemusic.org

Also there have a look at BUZZ (it is free)or go here

http://www.buzzmachines.com   (Buzz is modular software based synthesizer,expandable,,in real-time etc..)

Offline Bill Grosse

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2009, 06:11:48 PM »
Rey,

I forgot to mention you can tune each step of the scale making your own scales by going to the same place as the Master Tune and tab to Scale Tune.
The following are my calculations for the 9 tone scale based on the 528 circle.

528    - C  =  523.251   + 2.345 cents
 = D         -  C# = 554.365   + 8 cents
570    - D  =  587.330   - 9 cents
= E          - D# = 622.254  + 9.8 cents
639    - E  =  659.255  -  11.9
696    - F  = 698.456   -  1.5 cents
741    - F#  =  739.989  +  0.7 cents
792    - G  =  783.991   +  5.9 cents
834    - G#  =  830.609  +  2.7
852    - A =   880.000   -  21.9 cents
= B          -  A# =  932.328 + 26.96
963   - B  = 987.767     -  21.79 cents

I have tuned C# and D both to 570 Hz to eliminate the mistake of playing a 10th scale note.
I also did the same for A# and B to 963 Hz.
The keyboard needs a bit finer tuning to get it exactly correct.
Be sure to save the tunings to a registration so you can recall them at will.
Those tones in the same triangle do sound good together as predicted.
I don't think any MIDI's will sound good with this tuning.

Bill G

rey2009

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2009, 09:21:49 PM »
To Bill G.

Did you use a  CA-30 or 40 Korg chromatic tuner ? I will getting one within 1 week as  do not want to mess up the keyboard

Also,
If one had by  bad luck to reset the entire keyboard to factory settings would that wipe out the OS upgrade ?

The keyboard I got seem to have been reset

Offline Bill Grosse

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2009, 08:27:43 AM »
Rey,

You can reset the keyboard as many times as you please as it has no effect on the operating system.
A reset just sets all the user adjustable settings back to the factory defaults.
Check your Datalist Starting on Page 42.
Everything listed with a "O" under the column Setup is affected by the factory reset.
A lot of things, but most are not of any concern.
This chart is often overlooked, but can explain what things do or do not happen as a result of button pushes.

You can save all your settings that are effected by a reset before doing the reset if
you desire and I advise doing that as it saves a lot of time and angst.  ;)

Will be interesting to see the settings after you get the tuner.
I advise setting two keys to the same pitch for the [ C# and D ]-[ D# and E ]-[ A# and B ]
as this reduces all notes to the 9 note scale and avoids the introduction of unwanted sounds.

Bill G
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 09:12:51 AM by Bill Grosse »

rey2009

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2009, 07:16:35 PM »
To those that have other Yamaha synthesizers as well as others you might want to look up this website

http://www.microtonal-synthesis.com/

Also one might want to check up this website as  well:
http://x31eq.com/tuning.htm

and also too  http://x31eq.com/start.htm    "Tuning for Beginners"....

rey2009

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2009, 11:39:39 AM »
The Love concert came and went..Unfortunately no venue in my city.Also the live feed was SABOTAGED on Sunday but audio could be heard etc..
Next year it will be held in August... and less "granola" so people in the know will be in charge of it..just sending good vibrations not enough to attract people..

To really tune in your instruments to 528HZ you do need a KORG tuner(410-483 HZ)

However depending on how you measure the 528HZ it is in fact 527 Hz ! 528Hz is just a musical note but 527HZ is matched in the spectrum to the color GREEN

Many unsavory characters/New Agers were surrounding Dr Len Horowitz so unsure if he is really aware that part of is theory is off based by 1hz which makes all the difference..

Offline RF

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2009, 02:21:04 AM »
I experimented with the equalizer, to boost 528 Hz makes the Yamaha keyboard sounds a bit warmer (no joke).
Kind regards
Ronny F
--------------
Yamaha PSR S 970 - Korg PA 900 and Micro Arranger (had Tyros 1/2),  Bose L1 compact,  HK Audio Lucas nano 300
I had Roland E50,  Technics KN 6000, Bohm Station 2, Wersi MK 1, Roland D 110, Yamaha YS 100

Offline Bill Grosse

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2009, 07:15:58 AM »
The question that comes to mind is - Are you in love with it yet?  ;)

Offline RF

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2009, 08:18:29 AM »
It pleases me more than before...
Kind regards
Ronny F
--------------
Yamaha PSR S 970 - Korg PA 900 and Micro Arranger (had Tyros 1/2),  Bose L1 compact,  HK Audio Lucas nano 300
I had Roland E50,  Technics KN 6000, Bohm Station 2, Wersi MK 1, Roland D 110, Yamaha YS 100

Offline mikf

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2009, 08:45:31 AM »
A note is a specific frequency, so I see no point to this unless you only ever play one note. This stuff reminds me of the bracelets that are suposed to cure everything from lumbago to migraine. Despite there being no scientific foundation, and no blind test that has ever shown they are anything other than jewelry some people still swear they work - and they keep on selling.
Mike