Author Topic: Newby  (Read 1550 times)

Offline jimo

Newby
« on: February 14, 2009, 07:43:14 PM »
Hi.

I am jimo from down under Adelaide South Australia.

What a terrific website this is. I wish I had found it 4 years ago when I bought my PSR 3000. I had good service from the Yamaha Dealer I bought from,but didn't want to look dumb asking too many questions over and over again. Now I can read them until the penny drops.
I have been playing since 2004 and play by ear.

I was born in Holland and migrated to Australia with my Family in 1957. My Father was a musical instrument maker(Guitars,Mandelins and ukuleles)and repaired any instrument.Mum played guitar and taught us(5 kids) music and I played guitar.

I bought a keyboard PSR 3000 when I retired and thought I was sold an instrument far too advanced for me as I could not play,let alone use all those buttons but hey,I love my keyboard now.

I have spend the last week searching this site and I am amazed at the Topics and responses to the Questions. See you soon. Jimo

Offline Bill Grosse

Re: Newby
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 08:48:41 PM »
Jimo,

Welcome to the forum.
Be sure to ask all the questions you want - the only stupid question is the one not asked.  ;)
Our purpose here is to answer questions and help each other get the most enjoyment from our keyboards.

Be sure to check out the Home Page as there is much very good information there.
Home Page

Looking forward to your post.

Bill G
I wasn't going to do anything today - so far, I'm on schedule, :)

Offline MBedesem

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 04:13:28 AM »
Jimo:

The PSR's are a challenge, and you soon discover that there is so much more it can do.

We look forward to your questions and assisting where we can.

For more tips and tricks, you might look over the PSR FAQ at:

http://www.svpworld.com/dnn/Portals/0/files/faqs/FAQ Working Source_Nov_08Final.htm

Regards,

Michael
Michael P. Bedesem
mpb@vermontel.net
http://psrtutorial.com/MB/bedesem.html
Tyros 5

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 07:15:34 AM »
Welcome to the forum. The PSR-3000 is a wonderful keyboard, it has more features than anyone can imagine, and there are lots of talented individuals who frequent this site that are always more than willing to help when you have a problem that needs solving.

Cheers,

Gary  8)
Love Those Yammies...