Author Topic: Location of CD ROM  (Read 2907 times)

Offline maxmiller91

Location of CD ROM
« on: October 31, 2008, 02:11:46 PM »
Hi Joe - How do I access the PSR Tutorial CD-Rom.  Have been looking for it to appear on my E-mail but nothing so far so must be another procedure.  Also, how do I access lessons from the home page dealing with downloading from internet and playing on Tyros 2 MP3's and Midi's.  Thanks, Maxine
Tyros 2
Yamaha P120
Roland KC 350 amp.

Offline FrankB

Re: Location of CD ROM
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 02:24:27 PM »
Maxine,

You make the purchase thru the Supporting members page.

Then Joe will burn a COPY of the one you selected and SNAIL-MAIL it too you.
He is usually very speedy about this.

Have a good one.

Offline maxmiller91

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 03:09:13 PM »
Hi Frank - I already did that so will look for it in the mail.  In the meantime, for now, how do I navigate the lessons available to us from the existing tutorial site for info on downloading and accessing MP3's and Midi's from the Internet and how to access them from the memory stick to the Tyros 2 which is my next plan of attack.    Thanks,  Maxine
Tyros 2
Yamaha P120
Roland KC 350 amp.

Offline Joe W

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 06:04:10 PM »
Yes, Max, I had received your order and the CD was mailed earlier this week. You will be getting it shortly.  Most of the resources offered by the PSR Tutorial are available at one place or another on the site and are freely downloadable.  The CD-ROMs that are offered are merely a convenient way or providing "supporters" these resources.  A CD-ROM holds a LOT of information that it would take a very long time to download and unzip.  On the CDs, everything is provided in an unzipped format and ready for direct use.  The proceeds from the sale of these CDs go to help pay for the cost of hosting and maintaining this web site.  When someone orders any of the CDs, they become a "Supporting" member for life.  I say "for life" because I do not need everyone to provide funds every year.  The occassional orders provide enough funds to keep things going every year.

This forum is a separate program that is hosted on my site.  You could have a link that goes to this site directly.
If your link is

http://psrtutorial.com/forum/

it will take you directly to the forum.

However, if your link is:

http://psrtutorial.com/

you go to the PSR Tutorial home page.  From there, the navigator buttons at the top of the page take you to the 7 major parts of this web site.

Lessons - takes you to all the lessons available.  Click on that link and you will go to the Lessons home page where you see 7 major subsections (Start Here, Quick Steps, Explore, File System, Personalize, Music Finder, and Record).  The "File System" subsection has a series of lessons explaining how "files" work on the PSRs.  That section also has a lesson on downloading and on zipping although both may be a bit dated by now.  The "Personalize" section has a whole bunch of lessons on how you make the PSR unique to you, that is, how you adjust styles or change voices or make registrations etc.  Music Finder is a series of lesson on how the MusicFinder system works -- it applies to all models since Yamaha hasn't really changed this in any of the later keyboards.  Finally,"Record" has some lessons on recording songs.

Styles - includes literally thousands of styles available for download.  In the Yamaha subsection, there is a place not only for styles for each of the Yamaha arranger keyboards in the last decade, but also the original press release, specifications, and keyboard features.

Performers - has a page for every one of the PSR Performers.  In this section you'll find over 40 performers with 4,000 plus songs in the form of midi files packaged in zip files of 10 songs each.  Some performers have "jukeboxes" where you can here MP3 versions of their songs played.

Music - has subsections that would be of interest to any musician even if they didn't have a PSR. Top Songs, Fake Books Listings, Lessons on Chords, Articles on various aspects of performing, etc.

Links - has links to other places on the internet where you can get additional resources and info.

Forum - this last link takes you right here, to this forum.

This top-level tab structure is available on every page on the site so, no matter where you are, you can get to any other major part.  Of course, if you skip the initial PSR Tutorial home page and go directly to the forum, you don't see ll those other links.  But even if you come directly to the forum, the News box in the upper right-hand corner will generally provide a link that goes to the main site.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 06:09:37 PM by Joe W »
-- Joe Waters
Tyros5
PSR Performer Page

Offline FrankB

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 06:19:19 PM »
Maxine,

In addition to Joe's links to the main sections there is a spot called:

PSRTUTORIAL Site Quick Jumps.    This is an abbreviated menu of many things on this site
and link to Michael Bedesem's F.A.Q's(Frequently Asked Questions)   Another excellent resource.

Good Luck

Offline maxmiller91

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 07:12:46 PM »
Joe/Frank:  Thanks for the added information.  The CD Rom arrived in the mail this afternoon and will get it up and running Monday when my daughter is here to show me how that works.  Am I missing some information that came before this CD that would be on the original tutorial CD?.  If so, I'll order that one as well.  Are there any voices available anywhere for the PRS 900 yet that would work on the Tyros 2?  Again, thanks for helping me sort this out.  Maxine
Tyros 2
Yamaha P120
Roland KC 350 amp.

Offline DonM

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 08:20:13 PM »
Joe, if you ever DO need extra funds, just put the word out, and we'll be there for you.  Anything to keep this wonderful boat afloat!
DonM
DonM