Author Topic: Member Name  (Read 1538 times)

Offline kwbmusic

Member Name
« on: March 30, 2008, 03:16:41 PM »
Joe,
This was one of the first forums I ever signed up for. At the time, when asked for a sign-on name all I could think of was my initials and surname (kblyth). Subsequently I evolved another name, now used on most other forums (kwbmusic). Given that I myself like to know that I am meeting a familiar name on a forum (Travellin' Easy, for instance), I would like to change my name on this forum. However I do not wish to lose my history, such as original sign up date and postings, as I am aware I could cancel one, and start with the new.
Is there any process by which this can be done?
I must say this would be a nice thing to do.
Thanks
Keith
Tyros 4, Hammond CX2500, Hauptwerk Organ System

Offline Joe W

Re: Member Name
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 07:16:28 AM »
Keith, if you look at "my" name on this posting, it is "Joe W".  Up until a couple of mnutes ago, it was always "JoeW".  In response to your question, I went up and checked the HELP button in the top menu.  Reading through the things I could change in the Profile, you will find that you have a user ID, with which you log in, and you can not change that.  But you also have a "Display Name."  I changed my Display name from "JoeW" to "Joe W".  When I went back to look at the latest postings, I was still there, but my name was now displayed with the extra space.  I haven't done any further testing, but it does look like you could change your display name.
-- Joe Waters
Tyros5
PSR Performer Page

Offline kwbmusic

Re: Member Name
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 01:46:25 PM »
Joe, you are marvellous
 - and I am a lazy B----; I didn't have your commonsense to look up HELP. Even more embarrassing as I am always responding to my wife's computer questions with "for goodness sake, look up the help file" !!
Thanks
Keith, now reborn as kwbmusic
Tyros 4, Hammond CX2500, Hauptwerk Organ System