Author Topic: PSR Tutorial Midi Files  (Read 3060 times)

Offline Tyros Trax

PSR Tutorial Midi Files
« on: March 27, 2008, 01:26:30 PM »
Joe,

Is there a way to access all of the performers midi files from a-z? I don't know if the site has changed this or not, but I remember being able to search via a-z for any song?

Thanks,

Trax

Offline Ernie

Re: PSR Tutorial Midi Files
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 02:04:10 PM »
Hi Trax....

I think this is what you are looking for Look Here

best regards
Ernie

Offline Joe W

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 11:25:11 AM »
The Performer Index by Song Title is no longer up to date.  Thanks to Microsoft.  It was generated by an Excel script my son wrote under Excel2002.  The index, however, seemed to get big enough that Excel2002 was crashing on me.  Automatic query to Microsoft simply recommended upgrading to the latest version.  OK, I've got Excel 2003 or whatever it's called, but it has major changes.  In particular it changed the way it writes out html files so the script no longer works in that program.  So, I had to stop updating that index by song.  I'm sure I can find a different solution, but having been embroiled in trying to sell my house and move to the new place (for the past year!) has cut down on the time to do a lot of things.  So, bottom line, the index will be introduced in the future, some time, but is not ready now.  The link Ernie posted will be accurate up to a point in time, but it won't include any new songs added in the past year or so.
-- Joe Waters
Tyros5
PSR Performer Page

Offline Joe W

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 09:09:36 PM »
In reviewing the message threads, I came across this question about the performer song index.  I haven't "fixed" the old program that I was using to generate those indexes with separate pages by performer and another index with separate pages by alphabetical letter, i.e. "A" songs, "B" songs, etc.  BUT, I do produce a new indexes every month when I update the PSR Tutorial CD-ROM since it has all the performer songs on it.  The thought occurred to me that I can, at least for now, provide that index to everyone.  So, I've done that and put a link to the current index on the PSR Performer Introductory page.  It is a single Excel file that includes a sheet with songs sorted by title, another sheet sorted by performer and a third sheet sorted by keyboard -- for those who want to find midi files originally done on their keyboard.  Each sheet has some 4,000 records so it would take a bit of paper to print it off, but it scrolls relatively quickly in the browser.

Here's the current index.   I'll also add a "sticky" topic in the PSR Performer's board to point to this index.  I would intend to update it every month.
-- Joe Waters
Tyros5
PSR Performer Page

Offline Bill Grosse

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 06:27:57 AM »
Joe,

For those who would like this index in downloadable PDF format.
Just download and unzip.

Bill G

[attachment deleted by admin]
I wasn't going to do anything today - so far, I'm on schedule, :)

Offline Joe W

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 07:09:10 AM »
For those who may want the index in the form of an Excel 2003 file, I've attached that as well.

[attachment deleted by admin]
-- Joe Waters
Tyros5
PSR Performer Page

shioo

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 09:10:40 AM »
This is a great list and so much hard work.. THANKS GUYS!!