Author Topic: firmware upgrade  (Read 4489 times)

lizrom

firmware upgrade
« on: March 19, 2008, 03:49:11 PM »
  i have a tyros2 for 2 years now and have been wondering about this  firmware upgrade  is it imported as i have not done it! can some one fill me in?   
thank you all Elizabeth      Happy Easter

Offline Bill Grosse

Re: firmware upgrade
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 05:31:05 PM »
Elizabeth,

The two upgrades do the following and you only need to update to the last upgrade as it will include all previous changes.

The following problems are solved on Version 1.20 (Revisions from Ver1.10)

Function Problem
Vocal Harmony When the Vocal Harmony is turned on or off, the vocal sound is interrupted. The interruption time is decreased on the new version.

One Touch Setting When the One Touch Setting is selected after choosing a style on Floppy Disk or Hard Disk, Split Points and Fingering type reset to default value.

Registration Memory When a different song is selected by the Registration Memory, the Chord Detect and VH Song Track settings aren't set correctly.

Song Creator If a song contains System Exclusive Message of more than 128 bytes and this song is edited by Song Creator, this song can't be played on TYROS.

USB(for HDD Users)
The new file transfer function for Hard Disk is added on the new version. This new function provides approximately 1.6Mbit/sec of average transfer speed between PC and Hard Disk on the TYROS. (The speed depends on the circumstances such as PC performance, file size and so on.)
Please refer to the instruction manual called "USB-Storage Mode (HDD)". "

V131 update makes the following fixes:

1   Fixed a problem where R3 Split Point was not backed up when ParameterLock[SPLIT POINT]=ON.
2   Fixed a problem where Talk DSP Type, Depth and Line Out[MIC] settings were not backed up when ParameterLock[MIC SETTING]=ON.

I would say definitely upgrade because those faults fixed in the first upgrade were pretty bad.

Happy Easter,

Bill G

I wasn't going to do anything today - so far, I'm on schedule, :)

lizrom

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 07:14:42 PM »
Thank you Bill   . where can i download this file cant seem to find it now ,that i am looking for it! and do i have to be on the internet on the keyboard? are there some steps i can follow as i am not to good at this computer stuff    thanks again for all your help.                       Elizabeth

Offline Bill Grosse

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 07:41:58 PM »
Elizabeth,

The following URL will take you to the Yamaha Tyros 2 download site.
I recommend you download all 3 updates because the first two contain the instructions for putting them into the Tyros.

http://music.yamaha.com/products/downloads.html;jsessionid=E39433CF81304D03E749AB4B2A25DBF2?productId=107861&hierarchy_id=20021_20023_16277

If you have any trouble with this please come back here and we will walk you through it.
You will find other files there for the Tyros as well.

Bill G

lizrom

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 09:52:23 PM »
HI Bill  have done it but must have missed the part where it sayes to delete from the usb hope that doesn't matter!   than you again for all your help.  Elizabeth

Offline Bill Grosse

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 07:59:51 AM »
Elizabeth,

You can always delete from the USB by way of your computer.
It will not really matter unless you go through the load sequence, which is not a natural or accidental act.

Bill G

Offline juan antonio

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2015, 01:14:21 PM »
hi i need the data update 1.20 and 1.10 if someone can send me the mail would appreciate because yamaha page the top and the base is only 1.31 and not meeting the above :-\