Author Topic: enlarge type on this website  (Read 2866 times)

enlarge type on this website
« on: August 23, 2007, 05:54:53 AM »
hey everybody
     i remember a while ago someone told us how to make the type bigger on any website just by hitting a button on our computer and scrolling the mouse. being old i forgot  and i think a lot of members don't know about this, at least i didn't and it's a good thing for those of us who have to put our nose on the screen to see it . please help
                        thanks     mel

Offline travlin-easy

Re: enlarge type on this website
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 06:21:16 AM »
Just hold dow the Ctrl key and rotate the mouse wheel. Nothing to it.

Gary  8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline Afton72

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 06:27:43 AM »

Or hold down control & tap + or -     same result.
     Cheer,  Aussie Alan.

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 09:40:44 AM »
Funny, but none of the above works for me ???
T2 + NP30

MrLucky

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 10:36:52 AM »
Graham-

Either method should work. Are you HOLDING down the control key while pressing "+" or rotating the mouse wheel? Are you on an non-Microsoft operating system? Don't know what the command is for Apple software.

Good luck. try these again. Lucky

Offline Bill Grosse

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 10:51:58 AM »
If you are using Windows Internet Explorer, you can also change the type in the "View" Menue.  8)

Bill G
I wasn't going to do anything today - so far, I'm on schedule, :)

Ivan H

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 01:25:20 PM »

If using Mozilla Firefox :--      Go to View - Text Size on the Title Bar.

Cheers.
Ivan.

Offline Joe W

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 03:17:24 PM »
All those options to change font size!  I don't know about the forum -- that is a separate software package -- but on the main web site, I have a lot of specific font settings for font size.  These can change if you change your screen settings as stated here.  However, I'm right now deep into learning cascading style sheets (CSS) as well as more html than I've know in the past.  I'm a bit late (CSS is celebrating it's 10th anniversary!). However, in the early years, not all browsers implemented this feature.  The major browsers do now and I'm planning to redo the entire site using CSS extensively.  (I've used some CSS features in Dreamweaver, but since this was all automated, I wasn't that sure about what I was doing or how it all worked.) 

Moving to style sheets, and using the right settings, should allow many of the fonts and page layouts to scale seemlessly up and down as the visitor changes the window size.  It will also make it easier to have a consistent look and feel throughout the site (and make it easier for me to maintain site content).  In time, I should be able to specify a separate style for printed pages versus screen pages.  Right now, screen pages are often limited to 750 pixels so that they will also print on a page.  For those with larger monitors, this setting doesn't take advantage of the wider screens. 

I was forced into this direction because of some Dreamweaver problems I encountered as I was trying to add the new S900 pages in the Styles section.  I'm planning to start by redoing that section first and, gradually, working through the other sections.  With nearly 1,000 pages on the psrtutorial site (not counting the forum), it may take some time.

I've also noticed, with some chagrin, that there's quite a bit that needs updating in the Lessons section.  That was last updated when we were still waiting for the PSR-3000 to make it to stores.  Well, it made it, and then the Tyros2 was introduced, and now the new PSR-S900.  All the subsequent arranger keyboards use a similar operating system so most of the lessons still apply.  Nonetheless, there are differences and quite a bit of material can be updated.  By the way, with that update in mind, I am expecting my new S900 to arrive on Monday or Tuesday.  So much to learn .... so little time!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 03:19:04 PM by JoeW »
-- Joe Waters
Tyros5
PSR Performer Page