Author Topic: Welcome to the newbees...  (Read 2666 times)

Offline travlin-easy

Welcome to the newbees...
« on: August 04, 2007, 12:35:04 PM »
I haven't had the time to welcome the new memebers to the site, therefore, I decided to post this welcome message to the new arrivals. This is the best Yamaha Arranger Keyboard site on the Internet, one that I have been a proud member of for the past several years. We welcome your comments, expertise, and hopefully you will soon be posting some of your questions and songs. This is an informational site that consists of a huge number of very friendly, helpful individuals. It's almost like a second family to some, and when you need help on any music related subject, just post the question under the appropriate area and someone will quickly respond with an answer.

Welcome,

Gary  8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline Bill Grosse

Re: Welcome to the newbees...
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 01:25:36 PM »
What Gary said and go ahead and post, even if it's in an inappropriate place, what the hey.  ;) :D :D :D

Bill G
I wasn't going to do anything today - so far, I'm on schedule, :)

Offline radhnaill

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 11:38:52 AM »
Hi. My name is Randall and I have just joined the forum today. Having started more than 70 years ago on an old Collard & Collard grand piano I have recently converted to a PSR E343. Amazing. Looking forward to getting help from you lot out there on dramatically changing my 'skills'

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 11:56:02 AM »
Hi Randall,

I'm sure you didn't notice, but this post you have added your announcement to is now nine years old.  You should probably started a new post, but I'm sure the other members will see this and add their welcome to you also.

So, having said the above, welcome to the forum and this great keyboard website.  Congratulations on your purchase of the PSR-E343.  I'm confident you will derive many hours of pleasure from this keyboard.

I read your introduction with great interest and know that you are really going to enjoy being a member of this forum, which will become like a second family to you, once you begin to interact with the other members.

You'll want to be sure to visit the Home page and check out some of the tutorials you will find links to there.
This link will take you to the Home page of the website: http://psrtutorial.com/

Should you later decide to become a supporting member, other forum boards will be available to you as well as a wealth of musical knowledge.  Please keep in mind that there is absolutely no obligation for you to become a supporting member, though.

We're glad that you decided to become a member.  If you have any questions, then please just ask.  There are many members here willing and eager to help you.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page

Offline tcdaniel

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2016, 11:23:28 AM »
Hi Folks,
   I'm Tim in north Georgia. I play cornet (busking for tips). I found my first fake book several years ago by accident  and added quite a few since then. You can't beat the selection of cool 8) old tunes!  I must make them smile because my tips are nice after 90 minutes.
   I only wish I could memorize more because combed bound books wear out. How do you prevent this from happening short of sleeving every page??
   May venture to a keyboard someday, or try that guitar again.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2016, 11:55:33 AM »
Hi Folks,
   I'm Tim in north Georgia. I play cornet (busking for tips). I found my first fake book several years ago by accident  and added quite a few since then. You can't beat the selection of cool 8) old tunes!  I must make them smile because my tips are nice after 90 minutes.
   I only wish I could memorize more because combed bound books wear out. How do you prevent this from happening short of sleeving every page??
   May venture to a keyboard someday, or try that guitar again.

Convert your sheet music to PDFs and put them on a tablet.  Just about any old tablet will do. Lots of apps available to manage your songs.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline SeaGtGruff

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2016, 11:57:11 AM »
Hi. My name is Randall and I have just joined the forum today. Having started more than 70 years ago on an old Collard & Collard grand piano I have recently converted to a PSR E343. Amazing. Looking forward to getting help from you lot out there on dramatically changing my 'skills'

Welcome, Randall, although I'm about a week late! There's a subforum for the PSR-E models, and we'll certainly try to answer any questions you might have about your PSR-E343. :)
Michael Rideout
YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2016, 12:18:13 PM »
Hi Tim,

Welcome to the forum.  This post is nine years old, so I would suggest you post the announcement of your arrival to the Hello Everyone board as a new post.  More members will likely reply to you there as an original post.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page

Offline SeaGtGruff

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2016, 12:29:33 PM »
Welcome, Tim! I second Fred's recommendation, although I haven't gotten around to doing that myself yet with my collection of songbooks. Putting the pages in protective sleeves could be expensive, and having PDF copies will let you keep your actual songbooks on a shelf. :)
Michael Rideout
YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443