Author Topic: splitting the keyboard into 3 sections  (Read 3537 times)

khudson7

splitting the keyboard into 3 sections
« on: April 17, 2019, 03:18:02 PM »
I have just started using this feature.  But is there a way to put 2 voices into the upper third, i.e R2+R3, with R1 in the middle voice?  So far, it appears I can only put R1 and R2 in middle section and R3 in upper section.  Are we limited to this?

Thanks for your help.

Ken

Offline voodoo

Re: splitting the keyboard into 3 sections
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 03:33:10 PM »
We are limited, there is no other way.
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 04:27:31 PM »
Yes this is the way it works but I don't find it a problem to set up to give me what I want.

khudson7

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 06:41:01 PM »
Thanks Ellen, you caused a light bulb moment for me.

I was struggling with having a solo voice in the middle section and wanting 2 voices(together) for added notes in certain sections of the piece, in the top section.  The obvious solution is to put the solo voice in the top section and the R1 And R2(2 voices together) in the middle section for these added notes in the piece.

Sometimes you can not see the forest for the trees! :o :-[

Thanks so much.
Ken

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 10:01:27 PM »
Hi Ken,

there IS a way to play more than one voice in R3 split section:

You can make a new Custom Voice in YEM (inside a new or an existing Pack) based on a Genos Preset Voice. Then you can add "Elements" of OTHER Preset Voices to that new Voice, adjust the Elements to each other and save that new Custom Voice (by closing the Voice Editor window in YEM).

Then install the new Voice on the Genos (via Wi-Fi or USB stick) and select the Voice in R3.

Of course, this is a relatively time-consuming solution, but it WORKS. :)

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline StuartR

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2019, 12:00:31 AM »
Thanks Ellen, you caused a light bulb moment for me.

I was struggling with having a solo voice in the middle section and wanting 2 voices(together) for added notes in certain sections of the piece, in the top section.  The obvious solution is to put the solo voice in the top section and the R1 And R2(2 voices together) in the middle section for these added notes in the piece.

Sometimes you can not see the forest for the trees! :o :-[

Thanks so much.
Ken

Additionally, you can then use the octave option to modify each of the R1+R2 and R3 parts as necessary.

khudson7

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2019, 01:04:11 PM »
Yes, SturartR,
That is exactly what I did to get the voice in the correct octive.  Although one of the voices I was using, I ran into a problem because I already had it set to -1 in the octive setting, and I took it up 2 octaves, BUT the most you can increase the octaves in the settings, is -2 and I needed a -3.  But it was not that big of a deal for me, just switched to another voice that worked with -2.

Thanks Chris(overover),
That actually sounds interesting(and new to me) and I will try it.  This actually sounds like it might be the best solution in my case.

Regards,
Ken
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 01:09:29 PM by khudson7 »

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2019, 01:05:45 PM »
Good ideas folks. With the Genos and Tyros, you can either raise the bridge or lower the river :)!
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.