Author Topic: Questions about Avatars  (Read 1982 times)

TyrosMike

Questions about Avatars
« on: February 24, 2007, 06:50:01 PM »
I have questions about the avatars (the cute little pictures under user's names) that we can use on this board. What are the size limits? I know that good taste should be followed but are there any NO-NOs? Are animated avatars supported? I tried to use an animated avatar and it wouldn't work. I notice others who's DO work. Any suggestions?
Thanks for any replies!
Keep on playing!
TyrosMike ;D

Offline Joe W

Re: Questions about Avatars
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 10:03:45 PM »
If you go to your PROFILE (click the button above), you can modify information about you.  From the HELP information:

Forum Profile Information enables you to enter optional personal details such as gender, birthdate, location, website and instant messenger contact information. It's also where you go to enter your own personal text and signature and select an avatar (personal picture) from a list (if provided by the forum administrators) or link to one of your own on the web.

You will see there some stored pictures you can select from.  Alternatively, you can upload a picture of your own.  The maximum height and width is 80 pixels.  If your picture is large, it is scaled down.

I haven't paid a lot of attention to these "avatars."  The choice of pictures that is there now simply came with the latest or a previous update of this forum software.  If there is a demand, however, I can see if that collection of avatars to chose from can be expanded.

P.S.  I just checked and found three new packages which I've added to the avatar selection. You'll find three new folders of images (dog, cat, and anime images) from which to select a possible avatar for yourself.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 10:21:44 PM by JoeW »
-- Joe Waters
Tyros5
PSR Performer Page

TyrosMike

Re: Questions about Avatars
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 08:32:54 AM »
Thanks,Joe! ;D