Author Topic: Free Expansion Pack  (Read 35888 times)

DavidB

Free Expansion Pack
« on: December 07, 2017, 11:55:54 AM »
Sorry if this has been posted before but I just saw it for the first time.

https://uk.yamaha.com/en/news_events/2017/genos-free-expansion-pack-offer.html

Not sure where that leaves those of us who've already registered Genos or like me bought an expansion pack last week.

Regards,
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 12:16:34 PM by DavidB »

The following users thanked this post: maartenb

Offline EileenL

Re: Free Expansion Pack
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 12:03:49 PM »
If you have registered your keyboard already then I don't see a problem being able to get your free pack.
Follow the instructions and see what happens.

DavidB

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 12:10:40 PM »
Already did :) Sure enough, a free pack is available even if already registered. Although following the instructions won't help you much as it takes you to the product registration page. You need to get to My Products page where there should then be a button to retrieve the offer.

Wish there were more packs in the offer though.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 12:18:03 PM by DavidB »

DavidB

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 12:19:32 PM »
Sorry moderators. I should have posted this in the YEM and Expansion packs area. Please feel free to move it.

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 12:31:53 PM »
The Church & Christmas pack and the Best of Europe are already available here:

http://www.psrtutorial.com/sty/collections/drake.html

Just scroll down to  the packs and find those two packs and several more.

Since you only get ONE free pack, check these packs out first ... you will see how great they sound and you can use your pick for a pack not already available.  ;)

Regards
Drake
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 01:47:32 PM by DrakeM »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 03:45:20 PM »
These are full packs for Genos not just styles.

Offline voodoo

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 03:52:20 PM »
But you can get the full "Best of Europe" pack for S970 here:

https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-s970/vse.html

And the two packs are very similar. ;)

Uli
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

Mikey

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 03:57:09 PM »
Good luck on That website getting your free pack.
Will have you going round in circles for hours

Offline voodoo

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2017, 03:57:41 PM »
Good luck on That website getting your free pack.
Will have you going round in circles for hours

I got the pack without problems....
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Nord Electro 5D

Offline Pauljones

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2017, 04:00:09 PM »
Hi Eileen,

Based on your experience, which one would you choose?

Offline dtah80

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2017, 04:35:42 PM »
Sorry if this has been posted before but I just saw it for the first time.

https://uk.yamaha.com/en/news_events/2017/genos-free-expansion-pack-offer.html

Not sure where that leaves those of us who've already registered Genos or like me bought an expansion pack last week.

Regards,

Thanks for sharing Dave, however, this deal is not available for US users yet. Hopefully, Yamaha US will provide it soon.

Enjoy your Genos every one!

David
David
Genos, PSR-740, MOXF6

Offline EileenL

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2017, 04:39:07 PM »
Hi Paul,
  I already have the Church and Christmas one or I would go for that as it hase some really nice styles and voices which can of course be used on other songs.

Offline wmidsgw

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2017, 04:42:43 PM »
Hi

As I registered about 4 weeks ago, I can't see how it's possible to retrieve a voucher for this free pack directly from Yamaha MusicSoft. Checked all pages but can't see anyway for existing, registered owners of doing so.

I have now emailed Support and waiting for an answer.

Gordon

Offline Pauljones

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2017, 05:30:34 PM »
I entered my code in the "PROMO CODES" and kept getting Coupon code is not valid.

Offline mcbrown

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2017, 06:04:04 PM »
same for me Paul.

Murray
Genos + MS01, TouchMix 30 Dig Mixer, Fender Strat & Tele, Cole Clark FL3, Music Man 210 75 and Behringer: FCB1010, B1200D Subs x 2 & B205D f/b spkrs x4, Boss: GT-1 Guitar Fx, Roland: GR-55 Guitar Synth, MAUI 28 G2 & 5 GO x2, Korg EK-50L Arranger, Zoom L-8

kenley

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2017, 07:13:32 PM »
I Have the same problem Code not Valid  :(

Offline alans

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2017, 08:10:36 PM »
I entered my code in the "PROMO CODES" and kept getting Coupon code is not valid.

Yes,same for me 😣😣

Alan
Previous keyboards-Yamaha PSR 410,Technics KN2000,KN5000,KN6000 , KN7000, Tyros5 and Genos

DavidB

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2017, 09:20:35 PM »
I also got coupon code not valid but I was trying to get a pack apparently not covered in the offer.

There's only about 7 packs... I bought Church and Christmas at the weekend and am not interested in the other 6.

Is this code not valid also showing up for the packs included in the offer?

Offline alans

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2017, 09:29:51 PM »
Hi David

I'll try again tomorrow, I didn't see anything to indicate which of the packs were available  for free download,but maybe you are correct, the Church and Christmas was if I remember the most expensive at around £150,I won't be buying it if not free.Yamaha should indicate which ones qualify for free download

Alan
Previous keyboards-Yamaha PSR 410,Technics KN2000,KN5000,KN6000 , KN7000, Tyros5 and Genos

Offline wmidsgw

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2017, 09:34:41 PM »
Church & Christmas is one of the seven on offer.

DavidB

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2017, 10:53:14 PM »
Hi David

I'll try again tomorrow, I didn't see anything to indicate which of the packs were available  for free download,but maybe you are correct, the Church and Christmas was if I remember the most expensive at around £150,I won't be buying it if not free.Yamaha should indicate which ones qualify for free download

Alan

Hi Alan,

They show which 7 packs on the link above notifying the offer and telling you how to get it.

Regards,

David.

Offline karl28

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2017, 01:06:25 AM »
Hi,

I'm also getting  the same message so I've emailed the support page. I'll send an update when I hear back from them.

Regards,

Karl

Offline maartenb

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2017, 01:10:59 PM »
David,

Thank you very much for pointing to the free packs!

I've just downloaded and installed the "Church & Christmas" pack. The styles, voices and registrations are fantastic. Many styles are also very suitable for non-Christmas songs.

All in all, a nice gift from Yamaha, worth €169 ! Thanks!

Maarten

Offline Pauljones

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2017, 01:24:44 PM »
Hi Maarte,

Could you tell us the procedures you used to get the pack.

Right at the bottom of the email with the coupon code, there’s a download here message.  The link has no effect.

Offline voodoo

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2017, 05:22:21 PM »
It works exactly as described on the official page. At which point doesn't it work for you? What is the problem or the error message?

Take care for this:

* your sopping basket may contain only one item
* it must be one of the three packs listed, others do not work
* each code does work only once

Then enter the promo code that is listed on your registration page, and it should work.

Uli
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Nord Electro 5D

Del 123

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2017, 07:05:13 PM »

Hi Uli,

Same for me I am trying to pick up the Church and Christmas pack and following all the instructions by the book .. it isn’t working. I tried turning off my computer, restarting and logging in and out of my account but this makes no difference! I have emailed Yamaha support yesterday evening but still not heard from them at this time.

Regards
Darren

Offline Pauljones

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2017, 07:08:15 PM »
Enter Prom code, press apply :  message, invalid code.

Offline wmidsgw

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2017, 07:22:57 PM »
Yamaha now sent me a second code and.........exactly the same......Not Valid.  >:(

Gordon

alfonata

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2017, 07:49:28 PM »
same  problem   " CODE  NOT   VALID"

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2017, 09:41:06 PM »
Not giving much there away IMO

could do with some rock and synth stuff
You never get much for free!!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 09:45:02 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Howardw

« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2017, 09:46:53 PM »
Same for me, code not valid. Hopefully, there will be an answer soon.

I had forgotten that I had a Yamaha MusicSoft account as registering the Genos seems to have resurrected it. My last purchase was in 2003 for a copy of XG Works V3!!

kenley

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2017, 11:09:01 PM »
At Last finally worked for me, put in the promo code, after trying all day yesterday, tried tonight promo code accepted  :)

Offline Oxford1035

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2017, 04:42:12 AM »
l had the same problem and emailed Yamaha. They added it to my account for me, so l now have the Christmas pack  ;D

Offline Flemming

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2017, 08:22:06 AM »
I have registred my Genos and got my coupon code for a free Ex. pack. But I'm in doubt which to choose? Best of Europe or Christmas. My normal ekstra need music is mostly modern Europe music for dancing, a lot of Swedish styles a la Wikingerna, and further more a lot of country-like music. Which Ex.pack would fit me the best?

Will there later come a new Country pack, and does anyone know if its possible to wait until then by purchasing my free pack?

Thanks
Flemming
Yamaha electone organ: D3 (70's), HS6, EL90
Yamaha Keyboards: PSR 7000, 8000, 9000, 9000pro, Tyros 1,2,3,4,5-76 Genos 1,2

alfonata

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2017, 11:00:40 AM »
Confusing
I live in Belgium and had to register my Genos with Music members Europe with a password that
Minimum 10 characters must contain.
I then received a coupon code and a package code for a free package
To obtain this I had to go to Musicsoft.com from Yamaha;
For login I need another password here (minimum 6 characters)
With this new password the coupon code of music members Europe then turns out to be invalid

Offline wmidsgw

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2017, 12:06:12 PM »
Hi Alfonata

If you contact Yamaha Support with your voucher code and indicate which pack you want
then they will load the free version into your 'Cart'......this  is what I had to do in the end
and everything went through ok.

Gordon

Offline Oxford1035

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2017, 04:47:02 PM »
I have registred my Genos and got my coupon code for a free Ex. pack. But I'm in doubt which to choose? Best of Europe or Christmas. My normal ekstra need music is mostly modern Europe music for dancing, a lot of Swedish styles a la Wikingerna, and further more a lot of country-like music. Which Ex.pack would fit me the best?

Will there later come a new Country pack, and does anyone know if its possible to wait until then by purchasing my free pack?

Thanks
Flemming

l downloaded this one for the 970 as recommended by Voodoo -
  https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-s970/vse.html

Really impressed by it as it's free.

Went for the Christmas pack, so have both now  :)

Offline Flemming

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2017, 04:54:29 PM »
The link points to several packs, don't know which you mean. I'm not interested in PSR-packs as I have a Genos.

There are 3 packs to choose between, I'm don't want Iberian, but I'm in doubt which of the other two would be the best for me. Yamaha don't tell much about what is in the pack. Some more mp3 could be nice.

Best regards
Flemming
Yamaha electone organ: D3 (70's), HS6, EL90
Yamaha Keyboards: PSR 7000, 8000, 9000, 9000pro, Tyros 1,2,3,4,5-76 Genos 1,2

alfonata

« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2017, 05:24:05 PM »
HI  flemming

go  to  yamahamusicsoft;com
go  menu  (left upper  corrner)
Sound  and expention  librarries
premium packs  and  voice

Your  instrument (genos)

3 packs   voorr  genos  (easy  Christmas,pop upricht piano, schlager)

klik  on the icon of  the pack  and  you  find   samples  and  what is in  thepack

Howardw

« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2017, 05:52:03 PM »
At Last finally worked for me, put in the promo code, after trying all day yesterday, tried tonight promo code accepted  :)

Same for me, tried again today and it worked perfectly first time. Perhaps Yamaha have fixed some kind of bug on the web page?

Del 123

« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2017, 10:25:45 AM »
Hi,

Likewise with Howard, I tried the code gain yesterday and was finally successful.

I want to thank David for forming this thread last week and bringing the free packs to my attention ;) otherwise I would never had known!

Last week unfortunately I had a work accident on the Cathedral falling through a ladder well on a 150ft scaffolding and dislocated my shoulder and fractured a number of shoulder bones - the pain was the worst pain I have ever encountered! Not long came home from hospital!

So the free pack was a much welcome diversion.

Merry Christmas to you all.
Darren

Offline alans

« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2017, 11:48:02 AM »
My thanks also to DavidB and all other contributors to this thread,I was also  not aware of the free pack,after a frustrating  couple of days trying to download my chosen pack I successfully achieved it yesterday,but owing to time constraints I have not yet loaded it into my Genos.Hopefully I can do this later today.

Alan

Offline fozzie

« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2017, 03:07:15 PM »
The link points to several packs, don't know which you mean. I'm not interested in PSR-packs as I have a Genos.

There are 3 packs to choose between, I'm don't want Iberian, but I'm in doubt which of the other two would be the best for me. Yamaha don't tell much about what is in the pack. Some more mp3 could be nice.

Best regards
Flemming

Hi Flemming!
My Tip, go for the Best of Europe.
/fozzie
Ketron Audya-76, Korg PA5X, Yamaha Genos, Ketron SD 90,  Ketron SD1000, Zoom R-24, Zoom H2n, Guitars, Amps, Band in a box 2023 audiophile, Ipad PRO with Auria and iConnect AUDIO4 interface, etc. etc.

Offline wolfram

« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2017, 03:23:44 PM »
It's not possible to send the extraced sounds & styles.I can download the free pack but imposible open,so i can have a folder.
thanks before,
wolfram

Offline alans

« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2017, 04:26:18 PM »
Hi Wolfram

Sorry to hear you cannot load your free pack successfully,I loaded mine  in today without problems,I also loaded a PSR S670 latin free pack which was also in my YEM, a friend of mine got sometime ago for her keyboard when new.The only problem I had,which I hasten to add was a user fault 😂😂, was when trying to load the Genos it told me it was going to format the expansion memory ,I hesitated a while then realised it that was normal and then loaded the free Genos pack and the 670 latin pack with success.

Perhaps you  could tell us what procedure you are using, it is not difficult once you understand it.

Alan

Offline supersteve

« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2017, 07:25:47 PM »
I just managed to download "The best of Europe" free using the voucher.

Be careful when entering the code as (0) and (O) look similar in the codes,, 0 zero are slightly oval where as O are round

this could be causing some people a problem.

mine worked first time.

steve

DavidB

« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2017, 08:08:49 PM »
Unfortunately mine still won't work. I'm fully aware of computer characters, 0 and O's, I and 1's etc.

Doesn't matter how I try it the code is invalid.

Offline supersteve

« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2017, 08:38:10 PM »
Hi

I have just come to install my free pack with my others and noticed this !! Using YEM all the packs are reloaded into Genos (yes) Memory is  Formated upon installation. I assume I am doing it correctly but I am concerned about the size of the pack installation ??

At the top of yem screen it says
Pack installation size 2025/2048 looks like I am reaching my Limit ? what does the 2048 refer too and how can it be made bigger.
My packs are all Musicsoft originals ? does this mean an end to my purchases, or am I getting the T4 fear non expandable.

Steve

Offline zionip

« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2017, 09:06:46 PM »
Hi

I have just come to install my free pack with my others and noticed this !! Using YEM all the packs are reloaded into Genos (yes) Memory is  Formated upon installation. I assume I am doing it correctly but I am concerned about the size of the pack installation ??

At the top of yem screen it says
Pack installation size 2025/2048 looks like I am reaching my Limit ? what does the 2048 refer too and how can it be made bigger.
My packs are all Musicsoft originals ? does this mean an end to my purchases, or am I getting the T4 fear non expandable.

Steve

Hi Steve,

On YEM 2.5.0, there are 2 limits for expansion size for Genos:
Voice Wave Size: 1843 MB <-- This is the Genos built-in 1.8GB expansion flash size limit.
Pack Install File Size: 2048 MB <-- This is the "Genos_PackInstallData.ppi" file size limit.

Since there is no flash expansion option for Genos, we are all stuck with 1.8GB flash for expansion packs.  When you are close to the pack install file size limit, you will have use YEM to go through all your expansion packs, pick and choose the absolutely needed voices and styles per expansion pack, and generate your custom expansion pack install file for Genos.

I recommend that you can exclude the Bonus Audio Style Packs under the "Other Downloads" section from the following URL because these are the converted audio styles of Tyros 5 that you may not need to save some space for expansion:
https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/genos/downloads.html#product-tabs

There is a whole discussion thread on this topic:
https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,40820.msg319996.html#msg319996

As explained by pjd here:
https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,40820.msg320103.html#msg320103

pjd said: "I don't believe there are any hardware reasons to prefer a particular partition size. I think it's the case of Yamaha saying, "Well, 1.8GB should be enough." What happened to the other bytes that make up the 2GB voice waveform partition? Voice metadata."

What pjd meant was that 1843 MB of the Expansion flash on Genos is for voice data, and the rest of the 2 GB, i.e. 205 MB, is used by voice metadata, which usually means the information that contains the attributes and the paths to retrieve the corresponding voices, audio styles etc.

Thanks,
Paul
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 09:13:11 PM by zionip »

Offline supersteve

« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2017, 10:12:14 PM »
Many thanks Paul for the links and information, looks like I have a bit or sorting out to do.

Steve