Author Topic: First Genos in Brazil  (Read 4990 times)

Online pedro_pedroc

First Genos in Brazil
« on: December 07, 2017, 11:06:01 AM »
Hello to all!

Yesterday, I finally got the Genos (I believe it is the first in Brazil, because I bought from another country, since Yamaha Brazil are not selling yet...).
I upgraded from my old Tyros 4 (which I sold 2 months ago) to the new Genos with original speakers.

First review and personal impressions after on funny day:

1) The genos in black are very nice. The screen is big and the touch is ok - no problem at all. My fingerprints, of course, remains on the screen all the time.
2) The sliders and assign circle buttons are very nice and easy to use. I read someone saying they are too big, but I don't think so - it is a good size to use. But, when I change a think in a style, for example, I could not find a way to return to original settings of the style: is there a hidden button or a way to return the style to original settings?
3) I did not play a 76 keys before. So, I'm having a lot of difficulty to play - my left hand (when use chords) go automatically in a wrong position in the keyboard - now I have to look at the keyboard sometimes until get automatic again...
4) Yes, the genos original speakers are louder with no doubt. Good upgrade in quality overall.
5) And the BIG YES, the sound is amazing. From T4 to Genos, a very very very upgrade - impossible to compare. The piano is perfect. The strings too. The drums are amazing. The most important thing - live is even better than youtubing...
6) I did not like the joystick. The modulation always come back to standard - so I need to push a button. But when you release the button, the return of the sound are not smooth.
7) The new EDM styles are TOP. The new assign buttons are amazing for that style. Cutoff is the king - what a nice new feature.
8) I did not like the end of the "ballad" style section... Now I have to search in a lot of categories to find.
9) Even the old know styles from T4 (also included in built-in styles on Genos) sound very very superior on Genos.
10) The retroPop category is very nice, and a lot of new "old retro" styles.
11) There are new Multipads.

First Conclusion: I DO like the Genos. It's incomparable with T4 (I never played a T5).

Regards,
Pedro

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline EileenL

Re: First Genos in Brazil
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 11:20:48 AM »
Pleased to hear that you are enjoying your Genos. It is a great keyboard and will take a little time to find your way round it.

Online pedro_pedroc

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 04:05:52 PM »
Yes, Eileen.

You are right again.
I need a lot of time to explore all features - much more the Tyros series.

Att.
Pedro

Marcus

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 05:17:59 PM »
Congrats on your new Genos. Looks great and matches well in that nice clean room you set it up in.

I also admire your warm weather down there in Brazil presently and being comfortable in shorts playing your Genos. I still have a winter to go through here, but always relaxing to spend some of the dark winter nights indoors with my music and Tyros5/(Genos?).

Marcus

Online pedro_pedroc

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 05:33:33 PM »
Yes, Marcus.

I'm in my studio (I have one Yamaha electronic drum also - in future I will post a picture of the entire studio).
Besides that shorts, I was with air conditioning too... :)

Att.
Pedro

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 05:43:22 PM »
1) The genos in black are very nice. The screen is big and the touch is ok - no problem at all. My fingerprints, of course, remains on the screen all the time.

Can someone provide the dimensions of the Genos touch screen . . . ?    I am thinking that a screen protector glass similar to the ones used on iPads would be a good addition.    Yes, of course the fingerprints will be on the protection screen but at least the original screen will be protected.

thanks 
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Online pedro_pedroc

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2017, 04:05:05 PM »
Hello.

Here is my little studio in my apartment, with the new Genos and the Yamaha Electronic Drum DTX-700!!
I hope you all enjoy!

Regards,
Pedro from Brazil

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online pedro_pedroc

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2017, 10:41:28 AM »
Just to complete the studio thing.

I have a small Yamaha mixer and one LD Systems Maui 5, for a bigger sound...

It's a great pleasure to stay in the studio playing for some hours...

Att.
Pedro