Author Topic: TRANSPOSING MIDI SONG ON PSR-S970  (Read 5104 times)

Osvaldo De Souza

TRANSPOSING MIDI SONG ON PSR-S970
« on: December 07, 2017, 05:28:44 AM »
6th December 2017

I have created a song on PSR-S970 in the key of " C MAJOR " and saved as a MIDI FILE.

On selecting the " SONG CREATOR/CHANNEL TRANSPOSE " with exception of Channel 9 & 10, I have done -3 to all the other channels and saved as a New Midi File.

However, when I play back the original chords in " C Major " do not get transposed to " A Major ".

If I use the " MIXER/EQ Part and tab to " TUNE " and transpose song -3, all the chords from C Major
now show in the key of " A Major ".

Is there a way that I can permanently save the song in the new Key of " A MAJOR " (as when I go back to TUNE and have the Transpose Song setting back to " 0 " the chords display the key of " C Major ".

Any suggestions!!!!

Thanks and regards
Oz

Offline overover

Re: TRANSPOSING MIDI SONG ON PSR-S970
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 01:36:06 PM »
... I have created a song on PSR-S970 in the key of " C MAJOR " and saved as a MIDI FILE.

On selecting the " SONG CREATOR/CHANNEL TRANSPOSE " with exception of Channel 9 & 10, I have done -3 to all the other channels and saved as a New Midi File.

However, when I play back the original chords in " C Major " do not get transposed to " A Major ".

If I use the " MIXER/EQ Part and tab to " TUNE " and transpose song -3, all the chords from C Major
now show in the key of " A Major ".

Is there a way that I can permanently save the song in the new Key of " A MAJOR " (as when I go back to TUNE and have the Transpose Song setting back to " 0 " the chords display the key of " C Major ". ...

Hi Oz,

since the XF Chord Meta Events of a MIDI file are NOT affected when transposing in Song Creator, I recommend to use a PC software program like PSRUTI (free) or Midifile Optimizer.

Simply load the file into PSRUTI, click "Transpose" button, make your setting and save the file. (Not to overwrite the original file, please use "Save as" button.)

---> http://www.heikoplate.de/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=67&Itemid=83

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 05:43:43 PM »
Always best to set the transpose to the key you want before recording. Then if you are playing a C chord it will show as an A. When played back will show all the new chords.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 03:16:49 AM »
The MidiWorks software allows you to transpose a MIDI song file in the Channels Manager screen.

Takes about 3 seconds!

;)

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html