Author Topic: Importing .wav files in hard disk recorder  (Read 199 times)

Offline mickr

Importing .wav files in hard disk recorder
« on: March 18, 2024, 03:09:32 PM »
Hi all,
I am a newbe to all things keyboards so please be patient , I have followed the manual instructions using a usb to import a wav file into my tyros 3, but when i press the wav import (button 7) and i tab to the usb ,nothing shows on the screen, is there something i'm not doing correctly.
Any help would be appreciated' i have tried 3 different usb drives formatted on the keyboards all with the same result
mick

Offline overover

Re: Importing .wav files in hard disk recorder
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2024, 07:31:08 PM »
Hi Mick,

Please make sure that the WAV files used have the following format:

Sampling frequency 44.1 kHz (= 44100 Hz)
Sampling rate 16-bit
stereo
File extension .wav

If the WAV files have a different format, they must first be converted into the above format on the computer using a suitable program.

Also make sure that the names of the WAV files are not too long. A maximum of 50 characters are permitted. Otherwise, files will not be displayed on the keyboard.

Also note that WAV files are only displayed in the designated file selection displays. This means, for example, in Style, Registration or MIDI Song Mode, WAV files are not displayed on the Tyros3..

Hipw this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 07:32:27 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline mickr

Re: Importing .wav files in hard disk recorder
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2024, 02:37:50 PM »
Hi Chris,
Thank you for your reply, I have tried going through the steps you displayed but without any luck.
I have FL Studio software so i converted the .wave file to midi, imported it and its working ok.
Kind Regards,
mick