Author Topic: Where is the evolution of YEM?  (Read 8927 times)

Offline Enildo

Where is the evolution of YEM?
« on: December 03, 2017, 01:59:45 PM »
Hello everybody

Super annoyed because the YEM does not evolve.
Layout super outdated, voices editing mode with tiny virtual keyboard keys,
you can not assign a WAV directly to a specific note,
there is no possibility of copying voices simply by dragging and dropping into another pack,
among other things. I thought that with the advent of Genos, we would have a really new YEM.

Enildo
When word fail, Music speaks!

Offline valimaties

Re: Where is the evolution of YEM?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 06:56:11 PM »
I know and I share your hate (partially) ;)

From some time I say that Yamaha does not share to us all the things we need to make our work better.
But you see, there are a lot of users from this forum that are only players, they don't know how can some functions, even on PC, help make their job easier, or to not spend a lot of time working with workarounds. They are happy only with what Yamaha gives, they only sing what Genos can give in this way it is right now (not even Genos, but what keyboard they sing :D ) They don't need anything else.
I respect their opinion, but I don't know why they are so irritated when someone request a bit more  :-\

I learn a thing here. We don't have to complain, because there are only ours (a few) complains and others don't care ;) We request to much :D In the year of 2018 (minus one month :D )

Regards

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline valimaties

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 07:43:30 PM »
I've made a short video with assigning more than one wav file to a key...

There are some missing elements in edit screen, like "Assign to key", "Set velocity Start - End", etc....

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline StuartR

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 09:32:08 PM »
Hello everybody

Super annoyed because the YEM does not evolve.
Layout super outdated, voices editing mode with tiny virtual keyboard keys,
you can not assign a WAV directly to a specific note,
there is no possibility of copying voices simply by dragging and dropping into another pack,
among other things. I thought that with the advent of Genos, we would have a really new YEM.

Enildo

Not to mention that YEM doesn't scale well on high resolution monitors. I have to lower the resolution of my laptop way down so I can even read the text in YEM. This is simply poor programming here in the 21st century😁

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 11:11:29 AM »
By all means complain but do it to the right people which of course are Yamaha. Posting it on a forum and hoping someone see's it is not the way.

DavidB

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 11:17:43 AM »
Super annoyed

Don't let such unimportant things super annoy you... save your annoyance for when something really matters. Trust me, the advancement of YEM doesn't even scratch the surface when it comes to what's really important in this life.

Offline Enildo

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 07:03:10 PM »
By all means complain but do it to the right people which of course are Yamaha. Posting it on a forum and hoping someone see's it is not the way.

Hi, Eileen, fine!
If you want to know if I already sent this claim to yamaha, yes I already did this!

My sincere thanks,

Enildo

Offline Enildo

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 07:10:29 PM »
Don't let such unimportant things super annoy you... save your annoyance for when something really matters. Trust me, the advancement of YEM doesn't even scratch the surface when it comes to what's really important in this life.

Hi DavidB, thanks for your comment!

Perhaps we attach importance to different things in our lives. Some spend money on video games, others with dogs, others like to play poker.
Ever wondered if everyone on the planet was the same and shared the same desires? Had humanity evolved?
Maybe it's not important to you the progress of the YEM but for many people, not only this forum, yes it is very important. If it does not matter to you, fine, be happy in your own way. But do not say that the advancement of the YEM is "an insignificant thing." His point of view is only his own opinion. Do not speak for the majority.

My sincere thanks,
Enildo

Offline Enildo

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2017, 07:19:09 PM »
Guys I'm complaining because I work with YEM, who does not do daily jobs as I might not feel the difficulties we find in the current YEM.
Imagine only you paying a fortune for Genos, for Tyros, or for the PSR s970, which for me is a fortune, and use a program that is outdated for the present day by a multinational company that can program, that frustrates us.
I'm not demanding a "revolution", just basic details to improve the way you work.

So if you work with YEM every day you know what I'm talking about. If you use only exporadically, be happy with the current version.

Thank you all!
Enildo

Offline Joe H

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2017, 03:12:01 AM »

It is here in the USA... I was personally told this by Yamaha Tech Support in an email to post our ideas here... and even provided a link to this website.

;)

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Enildo

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2017, 11:57:17 AM »
It is here in the USA... I was personally told this by Yamaha Tech Support in an email to post our ideas here... and even provided a link to this website.

;)

Joe H

Thank you Joe!
It seems that people have not stopped to think about the importance that this forum has for Yamaha.

Enildo

Offline valimaties

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2017, 12:23:44 PM »
Here in Europe is a bit of disappointment the Yamaha Support...
On first mail they will respond really quickly, but from the second you will have an (almost) instant reply from Yamaha wich will tell you that your problems will be seen by an Yamaha Technician/Engineer, like they put you in a "gray database" (:D) and when you send a mail you will have an automatic response to your mail. But the real response does not come anymore! I think is not professionalism from Yamaha to do so (if they do) ;)

I've send about 2 or 3 mails in 2 weeks, of what bugs I've discovered... One of them I've wrote here, too!

Regards!

Vali Maties - Genos

DavidB

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2017, 12:37:59 PM »
Hi DavidB, thanks for your comment!

Perhaps we attach importance to different things in our lives. Some spend money on video games, others with dogs, others like to play poker.
Ever wondered if everyone on the planet was the same and shared the same desires? Had humanity evolved?
Maybe it's not important to you the progress of the YEM but for many people, not only this forum, yes it is very important. If it does not matter to you, fine, be happy in your own way. But do not say that the advancement of the YEM is "an insignificant thing." His point of view is only his own opinion. Do not speak for the majority.

My sincere thanks,
Enildo

I wasn't questioning the importance of this issue to you or others, I was merely encouraging you not to let such matters make you "Super Annoyed". Perhaps one day you'll also realise what is truly important in life, but in another way I hope you don't have to. Sorry for being cryptic, it's very personal, but I just know it's better to approach issues calmly, not "Super Annoyed". :)

Up to you of course, I shan't comment again.

Offline Flemming

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2017, 07:30:23 PM »
Enildo: Thanks for your discussion here, I totally agree with you! I feel super annoyed too :-)

I play music for living, and always try to make the best out of my equipment, because if I'm happy with my sound, my audience will react positive to my music and vice versa.

I too have problems with limitations in YEM, mostly about missing possibilities to edit even simple functions as velocity limitations and key zone limitations when you edit normal preset voices.

I too have send a letter to Yamaha about this - without getting any answer yet (wrote a month ago).

I have earlier done reviews on the Tyros in the magazine for our Union for musicians, but this time I don't want to make a review before the YEM has developed, I simply think the keyboard is not complete yet. So I wait.

As Yamaha presented the Genos as a professional tool for professional musicians, songwriters etc., I think they should follow this up by making the software around the Genos professional too.

The things I ask for, was represented in Tyros 1-4 but NOT in Tyros 5, and that is disappointing after 4 years.

If anyone don't miss anything - fine - but I think many of us happy pro Yamaha users wish that Yamaha keyboards was just as professional as fx Korg's. Not that I ever had the thought to buy a Korg, but I'm tired of being teased once again by Korg-users for using a non-pro keyboard!

Alle the best
Flemming
Yamaha electone organ: D3 (70's), HS6, EL90
Yamaha Keyboards: PSR 7000, 8000, 9000, 9000pro, Tyros 1,2,3,4,5-76 Genos 1,2

Offline Misu

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2017, 10:12:54 AM »
In my country, because of the specificity of the region, any kind of keyboard is not prepared from the factory to play.
We need pack-s of voices and styles.
In terms of voices, most Yamaha players, on pack-s market, with the advent of Genos, began to make a sounds library, renting or even buying PA4x for a limited time.
They say the transferred sounds are better to hear on Genos, but Yamaha should take this into consideration, and people who actually make money from that should at least say thank you Korg or at least not criticize too much.
Both companies make amazing keyboards, the difference is that Yamaha doesn't care too much at the users wishes, MPO.
This attitude <This is my new amazing keyboard, and I'm smarter than you, if you do not like something, I don't care, you can buy something else> we must admit it is frustrating, especially for those who have used Yamaha all the time of life.

Best regards
And your wishes become true!
Mihai
PSR SX-900; PA 1000; AKX 10

Offline valimaties

« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2017, 10:00:15 PM »
This attitude <This is my new amazing keyboard, and I'm smarter than you, if you do not like something, I don't care, you can buy something else> we must admit it is frustrating, especially for those who have used Yamaha all the time of life.

Yes Mihai, I'm totally agree with you. I don't like neither this attitude. We are here to find better things that can make our job easier. We are here to talk each other and to say what is good and what is bad. And we MUST accept that even Yamaha makes mistakes. Those who does not accept this thing, I don't think they are partners in our hobby. Even if you don't use a function or you don't need something that any other guy need, don't discourage the process of cure of what must be a great keyboard, Genos in our case!
FOr example, I don't use midis or mp3s, but if someone encountered a bug on that part of keyboard, I don't say to him that I don't care, or that is not important bug because I don't use it... It is a bug because someone need it and cannot use like it has to be and I encourage him to post here, and to Yamaha support site, maybe someone see these posts.

I think this forum is very important, and is much more important if some of support team of Yamaha will see it.

Regards,
Vali.

Vali Maties - Genos