Author Topic: World styles on DGX 660?  (Read 141 times)

Offline netaneldha

World styles on DGX 660?
« on: November 27, 2017, 01:06:07 PM »
Hey,

I'm going to buy DGX 660, and I have a PSR E453 which I'm going to sell, and I saw that DGX doesn't has the WORLD styles which I'm using in PSR, and I was wondering if A: can I copy the World styles from my PSR to a flash drive and then to use it on the DGX, or if there is any other way to get it on the DGX? The world styles are the main ones I'm using on my daily routine to record covers.

2: Is it possible to use a similier display of the PSR in the DGX? I will try to explain better: the defult screen of the PSR is showing the notes you are playing, is there an option like that on the DGX?

3:Is there any clear tutorial on how to import styles on DGX?/Get to know its features? and if there is any owner of the DGX660 who can share his experience with it I would love to hear.

Thanks for any kind of help.

Offline vbdx66

Re: World styles on DGX 660?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 02:54:03 AM »
Hi and welcome to the forum  :)

Unfortunately you cannot import the PSR E443 styles into the DGX 660. What you can do his going to the section « midi and styles » of the forum and ask other forum users if they have the world styles you are looking for. Then you can upload them to an USB stick and try them on the DGX 660.

The DGX 660 can read both SFF1 and SS2 style files, but it has no megavoices and no OTS, so it might be better to try out styles from older / smaller keyboards. The DGX can read the style files directly from an USB stick. Styles which are too large will not work - just try the files out.

To display the notes played on the DGX 660, press the “score” button on the front pannel of the keyboard.

As for other features of the keyboard, the user guide you got with the keyboard should help you. If you are already familiar with the PSR E443, you will quickly learn how to operate the DGX 660, since their operating systems are very similar.

If you want help from the forum members, please post some specific questions about what you are trying to do with your keyboard. It is easier to answer specific questions. You can either post your questions on this board or in other boards, e.g. to request a particular style or some sheet music or to get some help for a particular software you are using, etc.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Vinciane.

Past keyboards: PSR E313, PSR E413, PSR E433, PSR S550, DGX 640, upright piano.
Now: DGX 650