Author Topic: card vs usb drive  (Read 142 times)

Offline ekurburski

card vs usb drive
« on: November 22, 2017, 11:04:57 AM »
Gary,

I have been spending some time just playing around with the kb.  Finding new stuff and becoming familiar with the operations.  As I was looking at the styles I noticed that there are atyles on a card and the user section.  I'm guessing that the card is the special sd card and the user usb is the stick in the back of the unit.
How do I tell how much space is on the card or the stick?  Can I write directly from a pc to either one of these without removing them from the kb?

Also what is your pm address?
Earl
PSR740, PSR3000, tx7, mt32, mirage, ProTiools 10,11 Sonar,  Reaper, BIAB2018 an a 4' stack of computer Music mags

Offline travlin-easy

Re: card vs usb drive
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 03:43:10 PM »
No, not really. I know of no way to write from the PC to the 128 megabyte Smart Media Card or the USB drive.

The reason there are only a few styles in the user area is because it is quite limited in space and can only hold about 30 style files. The SM card can hold thousands and the USB drive can hold an unlimited number of styles. Keep in mind, however, that each folder can only contain about 150 files, or other folders. There is a limit to this stuff.

Hope this helps,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline ekurburski

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 10:07:48 PM »
So I guess the question should be, Which is the best place to save this stuff?
PSR740, PSR3000, tx7, mt32, mirage, ProTiools 10,11 Sonar,  Reaper, BIAB2018 an a 4' stack of computer Music mags

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 09:52:23 AM »
The only place the Music Finder Directory of the PSR-3000 can access third party style files is from the onboard USER area. The MFD cannot access the USB drive or SM card directly. However, you can access those style files from either the USB drive or the SM card using registrations, which are a lot more versatile in the types of information they can store.

As for the best place to store them, the USB drive wins because you can readily transfer additional styles to the drive from your PC, and back up the drive to a folder on your PC just in case the USB drive fails, which they often do. (I know this first hand!)

Hope this helps,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...