Author Topic: Triggering SR770 songs with BOSS RC 300 looper?  (Read 194 times)

Offline RetroDuo

Triggering SR770 songs with BOSS RC 300 looper?
« on: November 21, 2017, 06:13:29 PM »
I play both keyboards and guitar, so I was wondering if a BOSS RC 300 Loop Station could be used to trigger the songs I have sequenced, on my S770. I would like to play both rhythm and lead guitar and it is a little tricky, with just two hands.

Offline RetroDuo

Re: Triggering SR770 songs with BOSS RC 300 looper?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 09:55:23 AM »
I just purchased the looper, so I hope it will work. If not, I can still have some fun looping guitar phrases.

Offline Ed B

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 07:29:38 PM »
Hi
I do not believe you can trigger the keyboard with the looper. However you can use a foot pedal on your keyboard and trigger it with the standard pedal and feed the audio output into your looper. I just had a minute to look at the looper.
Hope this is useful.
Ed B
Keep on learning

Offline RetroDuo

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 08:08:49 PM »
Hi
I do not believe you can trigger the keyboard with the looper. However you can use a foot pedal on your keyboard and trigger it with the standard pedal and feed the audio output into your looper. I just had a minute to look at the looper.
Hope this is useful.
Ed B

Thanks, Ed. I watched a video where someone was triggering a drum machine with a looper. I haven't messed around with MIDI much, since the 90's but it should be fun to experiment.

Offline Ed B

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 09:10:02 AM »
Hi
I had a moment and took a look at the manual again. On page 22 you will find there is an automatic record function so you can plug in the output audio from the 770 set this and as soon as you start to play it will start to record. Using this approach you should not have a problem syncing with the loop you are creating.
Keep in mind your keyboard has a lot of capability that does not get used just generating a phrase for a loop track in a looper.
Have fun
Regards
Ed B
Keep on learning