Author Topic: Change voice melody/note variation on Styles For PSR s770  (Read 219 times)

Offline avalon2k41

Change voice melody/note variation on Styles For PSR s770
« on: November 20, 2017, 07:12:14 PM »
Hi I was playing around with the PSR s770 today and I noticed you can re-voice the preset rhythm/styles. I was wondering if there was a way to change the melody of the rhythm notes though (without changing the entire variation of the style itself) Example Rhythm 8 Beat Pop...Variation A, but with a different Bass and or Chord melody than the one provided by default for that rhythm itself?

I know on the older keyboards from Yamaha you were able to change the Bass and Chord variations separately from the preset rhythm/style...can you do that on the s670 or s770? Is that still possible on todays keyboards?

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Change voice melody/note variation on Styles For PSR s770
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 07:18:16 PM »
Hi I was playing around with the PSR s770 today and I noticed you can re-voice the preset rhythm/styles. I was wondering if there was a way to change the melody of the rhythm notes though (without changing the entire variation of the style itself) Example Rhythm 8 Beat Pop...Variation A, but with a different Bass and or Chord melody than the one provided by default for that rhythm itself?

I know on the older keyboards from Yamaha you were able to change the Bass and Chord variations separately from the preset rhythm/style...can you do that on the s670 or s770? Is that still possible on todays keyboards?

Itís possible. Itís done in Style Creator. Enjoy yourself.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline DerekA

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 01:50:10 AM »
As Fred says, the Style Creator function will let you replace any part in any section of any style. It's fairly easy to do something, it's harder to do something good .. Then you save your modified style as a new style in either the User drive or on a USB.

A simple starting point is to use the Assembly function from the style creator. This lets you mix-and-match any parts from any styles.
S770

The following users thanked this post: avalon2k41

Offline avalon2k41

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 05:00:45 PM »
Thanks, it is nice to know I am able to edit the melodies. Although it seems this needs to basically be done from scratch, I was hoping that Yamaha provided additional variations for the auto accomp in the display panel somewhere. That was what I am used to from the older keyboards. It's too bad they removed that feature, as well as a Custom Drummer variation slider (like on the PSS 560), although it was limited to presets, it was a quick way to edit and always sounded perfect.

I do like the features I used on the PSR-S 770, I am still going to test this keyboard out more before making a decision.

I'll test out the mix and match as well on the style creator. Will also find out if I can customize the voices and make other unique voices from them.