Author Topic: How do I release the polarity of the sustain pedal  (Read 162 times)

Offline karmacomposer

How do I release the polarity of the sustain pedal
« on: November 20, 2017, 02:34:27 PM »
So this beast (Tyros 5) is very different from a PSR S-910

First, the sustain pedal is always down, so I think I need to reverse the polarity.  How?  Where's the menu function for that?

Second, I like having my two other pedals control drums and voice - where are those menus? I means for controlling the function of the pedals.  I know where voice stuff is.

Thank you.

Mike
Yamaha Tyros 5 76 key, MOXF8 88 key, PSR s910, Korg M3 88 key, Karma, Presonus Studio One Pro 3, Samplitude 12 Pro, many vsti, EWQLSO, EWQLSC and KHSO Diamond. 10 networked dual/quad/octo core Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 64 bit PCs & 1 Mac Book Pro

Offline techlectics

Re: How do I release the polarity of the sustain pedal
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 03:49:41 PM »
Just press the Direct Access button (bottom left on the display panel), then press the sustain pedal. That will take you to the page where you can change the polarity. The Direct Access button followed by most function buttons will take you to the settings page of that function.
Regards,
Bob W. (Techlectics)

Offline Fred Smith

Re: How do I release the polarity of the sustain pedal
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 04:59:51 PM »
So this beast (Tyros 5) is very different from a PSR S-910

First, the sustain pedal is always down, so I think I need to reverse the polarity.  How?  Where's the menu function for that?

Second, I like having my two other pedals control drums and voice - where are those menus? I means for controlling the function of the pedals.  I know where voice stuff is.

The keyboard should determine the polarity of the pedal as long as it's plugged when you turn it on.

Second question: Function>Controller

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons