Author Topic: Everything Genos  (Read 707 times)

Offline Oldden

Everything Genos
« on: November 16, 2017, 02:52:45 PM »
Hi ,
Genos is great ,magic.,everything but sliced bread, but this user group is called  PSR. Is it not possible to put all the Genos  posts into their own area and for all the rest of us who still love the Psr keyboards to read everything else without reading through all the 'genos is wonderfull stuff', yes it's good but there are many who are happy with what we have got and will never change.
Oldden

Offline rattley

Re: Everything Genos
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 03:46:03 PM »
Hello.

I don't ever remember anyone commenting on the 5 models of Tyros that were also discussed here?  The Tyros probably wasn't even released when this forum was started?  I've always liked how this forum has "evolved" over the years.  Just my 2 cents.  Best wishes. :)  -charley

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 04:55:16 PM »
Keep in mind that when this forum was created there was only the PSR series in existance. I, personally, started off with a PSR-500, then transitioned to a PSR-7500, then kept climbing the ladder until I reached the PSR-S950, which is where I am currently. The Tyros series did not exist when the forum was created, but fortunately, Joe Waters was well ahead of the curve and was able to expand this forum to include all the current and past Yamaha arranger keybaords, thus providing the internet with the best Yamaha arranger keyboard site ever.

The bottom line is, if you have a problem or question about ANY Yamaha arranger keyboard, you have come to the right place for a solution to your problem. If you came here to bitch and moan, then you came to the wrong forum.

All the best,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline MBedesem

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 05:16:44 PM »
Every time a new instrument is announced, it takes over the discussion for some time.

While I personally believe that the advance speculation we see on the net is not productive (the enginering decisions were made many, many months ago), it does give us an opportunity to express our dream preferences.

For users of older instruments, do not be discouraged. These are the instruments that we know, still use, and can  share information on how to make them perform.

Michael

Michael P. Bedesem
mpb@vermontel.net
http://psrtutorial.com/MB/bedesem.html
Tyros 5

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 06:19:08 PM »
Reading all about the new Genos is how the PSR keyboard line will progress. So, it's best to read all the chat here to find out what is coming down the line in a year or two and how to deal with it and adjust to the new technology.

I did a small panic going from my PSR-2000 to my PSR-S950 keyboard. There was a specific Button on my old keyboard to press to turn the VH setting on and off. Back then I only used one VH setting. When I got my S950 the Button was GONE. Don Mason suggested using the Registration Buttons to control my mic VH On and Off, it was the perfect solution. I soon realized registrations allowed me unlimited mic setups and more than just 2 choices of On and Off.

The Genos new owners are the ones working out the bugs for us PSR users. ;D

Regards
Drake
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 06:21:21 PM by DrakeM »

Online Fred Smith

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 07:52:05 PM »
Genos is great ,magic.,everything but sliced bread, but this user group is called  PSR. Is it not possible to put all the Genos  posts into their own area and for all the rest of us who still love the Psr keyboards to read everything else without reading through all the 'genos is wonderfull stuff', yes it's good but there are many who are happy with what we have got and will never change.

You can turn notifications on for the boards you are interested in. Then you won't get notified of the boards you are not interested in.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Oldden

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2017, 11:52:44 PM »
Thanks all for replying you are all right. It was just me on my high horse. Possibly with me not having a Genos on order.
Oldden

Offline alans

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2017, 01:31:03 AM »
" Is it not possible to put all the Genos  posts into their own area "

Is that not exactly what Joe has done ? Along with all the other model types Tyros -all models,Psr--from early years.
 to present

Genos is obviously generating a large amount of posts because it is new,and now members are getting their hands on them they are wanting answers to problems..

Alan
Previous keyboards-Yamaha PSR 410,Technics KN2000,KN5000,KN6000 , KN7000 and Tyros5

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2017, 10:28:23 AM »
You can turn notifications on for the boards you are interested in. Then you won't get notified of the boards you are not interested in.

Fred

is it possible to turn notifications Off for some boards . . . . ?   or is just turning on that works . . . . ?

thanks in advance.
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline sooty8

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2017, 09:43:09 AM »
As its been said as soon as we change keyboards we are looking for advice. I have received my 76 note Tyros 5 I am jumping from a S950 keyboard.
I am well out of date. I need all the help I can get, I am already asking questions on the Tyros 5 section. The past Tyros 5 players who have upgraded to a Genos have the knowledge I need to progress.

Just my thoughts.

Steve

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2017, 09:41:00 PM »
Actually Tyros and Genos are just PSR's the only thing that really makes them different (in functionallity) is the name.

Offcourse they are the topline sounding bigger and better.
But if PSR stands for Yamaha arrangers.
Then the Tyros and Genos are nothing but the topline PSR.

I don't understand where this is coming from, you don't have to read the Genos boards?
Stick to the boards you like and you will be fine.