Author Topic: TYROS1 RAM MEMORY  (Read 377 times)

Offline Stanemir

TYROS1 RAM MEMORY
« on: October 26, 2017, 03:34:36 PM »
Hi all! Can you please anyone tell me what type of ram memory T1 has? Is it SDRAM DIMM 168pin? Thanks!

Offline overover

Re: TYROS1 RAM MEMORY
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 03:48:04 PM »
Hi all! Can you please anyone tell me what type of ram memory T1 has? Is it SDRAM DIMM 168pin? Thanks!

Hi Stanemir,

unfortunately, Tyros1 has NO Sampling function and therefore NO Expansion Memory can be installed on Tyros1.

Custom Voices on Tyros1 only can be made by using internal Samples.

Best Regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 03:51:54 PM by overover »

Offline Stanemir

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 12:52:13 AM »
I know it doesn't have sampling option but I'm pretty sure it have ram memory for user style and voices. I have opened my keyboard and it have 2 empty slots, and I think it should be for ram memory.

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 02:27:27 AM »
Hi Stanemir,

additional RAM Modules in Yamaha Keyboards are only for Wave data of Expansion Voices (on Tyros2/3). Tyros4/5 use Flash ROM Modules instead, also for Wave Data only.

Tyros1 has an internal Flash memory for System Setup data and the User drive (3,3 MB). Here you can save User data like Registration Banks, User Voices, Multi Pad Banks, Styles and MIDI files. Since the User drive is relatively small, it is recommended to use it not for MIDI files.

Another option is the internal floppy disk drive that fits 3,5 '' 2DD and 2DH disks.

The best option to store User data is to use the optional hard disk drive. You can use a 2,5 '' IDE drive (also called "PATA" or "Parallel ATA"). "SATA" hard disk drives ("Serial ATA") CANNOT be used.

For notes to install a hard disk drive, please refer to the Tyros1 manual (page 162). With Tyros1 firmware 1.20/1.40 you can use the "USB storage mode" to access the Tyros hard disk from a Computer.

To my knowledge, the are NO other user expandable memory options on Tyros1.

Best regards,
Chris

P.S.
In difference to other User data, Custom Voices (created with Voice Editor software) on Tyros1 are save into the PRESET drive. (The memory for Custom Voices CANNOT be extended.)

« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 02:44:49 AM by overover »

Offline Stanemir

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 04:06:53 PM »
Thank you very much! I'm trying to sort this out for a friend :) In deed it have 2 empy slots wich I was thinking it is for flashrom memory.
All the best!

I have yamaha psrs670 wich I am very happy with it for amount of money I have paid.

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 06:02:01 PM »
Hi Stanemir,

is this Tyros definitely a Tyros1 (the first "TYROS")?

In difference to the later Tyros models (2 - 5), Tyros1 has NO user expandable memory (except the Hard Disk interface, if no HDD is installed already). Unfortunately, I can't imagine what these "slots" you mentioned would be good for (?)

Also, the internal Flash memory (for to save normal files) is NOT user expandable (in NO Tyros or PSR-S model).

If not already done, you can download the Tyros User Manuals here:

---> https://usa.yamaha.com/support/manuals/index.html?l=en&c=keyboards&k=tyros

... and, if needed, the Tyros1 SERVICE Manual (which contains all technical information) here:

---> https://elektrotanya.com/yamaha_tyros_trs-ms01.pdf/download.html

(When you have clicked on the link for the Service Manual above, please wait for a short time first, until the word "... processing ..." changes into "Get Manual".)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 06:14:26 PM by overover »