Author Topic: PSR-E453 error?  (Read 225 times)

Offline Raskeld

PSR-E453 error?
« on: November 14, 2017, 05:51:42 AM »
A year ago did I buy a PSR-E453. I my opinion a very good keyboard and a good value for money.
I am an (old) beginner, and I am taking internet lessons in keyboard playing. My iPad is connected to the keyboard via USB to Host I am using Apples Lightening to USB connector.
This setup has worked until now. Suddenly is the sound send to the keyboard is distorted, i.e., cut into pieces with a high frequency. The sound is unrecognizable. This error came after update to IOS 11, but I do not know if the update is to blame.
I am getting the error with my iPad. I tried my iPhone, same error. I did try to connect my Mac BookPro to the keyboard with an ordinary USB cable, and then there is there NO error.
I did try writing to Yamaha about my problem, and got the answer, that the problem was not known to them, and that it must be a bug in IOS 11.
I do not know what to do, and where the problem is. Could it be the USB to Lightening cable, but there must be others with identical problems.

Offline SeaGtGruff

Re: PSR-E453 error?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 10:46:05 AM »
I haven't heard of this issue before. From from the timing of when it started to happen, as well as the fact that it happens using either the iPad or iPhone, it does sound like it might be something related to the iOS 11 update. However, if you have only the one Lightning To USB connector, you might try buying or borrowing another one to see whether it behaves any differently, just to rule out the possibility that there's a problem with the connector. The wiring in connectors can get broken, especially if you've been rolling up or folding the connector when storing it away.
Michael Rideout
YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443

Offline Raskeld

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 10:28:38 AM »
Thank You SeaGtGruff.
I Will follow You advice and try to find another connector.

Offline SeaGtGruff

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 06:20:33 PM »
Let us know how it goes. I just ordered a new adapter myself, because the one I'd bought years ago for my iPad 2 has been misplaced or stolen. The old adapters (the ones for the 30-pin connection port) are impossible to find in stores, and it seems like most of the ones available online are from third-party manufacturers.
Michael Rideout
YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443