Author Topic: Song creator - to correct 1 note ??  (Read 327 times)

Offline Bertie59

Song creator - to correct 1 note ??
« on: November 13, 2017, 12:23:50 PM »
Hi
I'm wondering if someone can help me please with what I'm sure is a very simple task in song creator ?
I have recorded a song on my s970 using the simple recorder in the song section but as ever I hit one wrong note bang in the middle !
Ok so I believe I can change this easily by opening the song creator, tab across to tab 1-16 find the offending note - play the right note in it's place , save and that's it !
Ok so far ..... then I played it back note by note in song creator - sounds just fine - great !
So then I press play in song section of keyboard to hear full song and voila ?
.... Hmmm no - it saved the correct note on top of the incorrect one! So they both play Agggghh !
I've played around with it for a while now but can't figure it out. It's as if there are two instruments playing together and I've only corrected the note on one of them but I've only got R1 selected (a sax) R2 and L are not selected .
Please can someone tell me please as it's driving me nuts: what am I doing wrong? 

Thanks
Sue  :)

Offline DerekA

Re: Song creator - to correct 1 note ??
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 12:38:08 PM »
Is it possible that you recorded R1 and R2? What matters is what was recorded, not what's currently selected on the panel. So I would recommend checking the other channels to find which one is playing the offending note.

You can try soloing the channels in playback, or using the step editor check each channel in turn. That might be easier since you know exactly which bar the note is in.
S770

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 01:19:29 PM »
Sue?

Change the note using Song Creator.

Just tab over to the note column then change the note using the buttons at the bottom.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Bertie59

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 01:32:51 PM »
Hi Derek and Fred,
Thank you both so muc for your replies .
I'm fairly sure that I only had r1 selected Derek but I'll double check it thanks.
I changed the note by using the keyboard keys Fred rather than the buttons within song creator - I'll check that out too by trying the buttons instead thanks.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 02:27:08 PM »
Hello :) By reading this I yet again learned something! Didn't know that you could do this! Have some offending notes to edit :)
Toril S

PSR S970, PSR 2100 and PSR-47.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 06:30:27 AM »
Once you completed your error did you then save the song again as you must do this.

Offline Bertie59

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 01:20:13 PM »
Hi Eileen
Thanks for your advice - I had actually saved it - it wasn't that it reverted back to the wrong note but rather layered the right note on top of the wrong one !
I've done some further investigating using Dereks method of soloing each channel and have found the offending note !
Thanks again all

Offline DerekA

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2017, 12:36:08 PM »
Glad you got it sorted Sue. Editing individual notes can be tricky.
S770