Author Topic: Bass from YEP octave  (Read 690 times)

Offline index.miro

Bass from YEP octave
« on: November 11, 2017, 03:02:31 AM »
Hi friends.
I am trying to select voice of bass guitar from expansion pack in style. When I select it, it plays one octave lower. Is there a way to set voice one octave up and save it? I know I can modify my style and set low limit, but i have more styles and it would be easier just to correct one voice...
Thank you.
Miro

Offline Volkmin

Re: Bass from YEP octave
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 06:50:16 AM »
In the YEM Manager (ss70 / s970) you can correct the sample. Original key; If you want to change the octave (for example bass guitar) using the "original key" you can do it. Then Save As. For my own needs I have been able to correct some of the numbers I used on 76 key Tyros, etc. So, I'm just talking about a sample. If you want to correct the height of the octave in style, EMC Style works etc. There you can lower or increase the octave style.

Offline index.miro

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 09:30:33 AM »
Thank you Volkmin. Sorry for another stupid question  :)
How do I copy or save exp. pack from keyboard to computer to edit it? I only have this pack in kbd. I was able so save just voice (bass.t226.vce) I just want to modify it (+ one octave), but how...?
Maybe the right question is why in my all styles factory basses play correct but expanion bass plays lower.

The following users thanked this post: bmarcill

Offline Volkmin

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 11:45:08 AM »
Only the ppi format is read in the keyboard. You must use the PPF format for processing. So if you have a PPI pack in your keyboard, you can not process it later. It all works in PPF format, YEM manager (S770 / 970 models). I've explained to you already, Miro, you can do it with EMC style works (style) where you can lower the octave for the bass guitar for that style. If your bass guitar is low in your expansion, and you want to increase your +1, I recommend that you use EMC to modify the styles in which you want to use such a bass guitar. Enter such a modified style into the keyboard, and then you will not have a problem - if it's the only T226 color sound. Which instrument do you use?

Offline index.miro

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 12:11:20 PM »
Well, I use PSR S 770. I work with styles many years, and I prefer to modify styles on keyboard. I am able to adjust range of bass notes in every part of a style, but i I would prefer just to change voice of a bass in mixer. When I select  a bass from internal sounds, it plays OK, and that every bass sound i have found among expansion voices is low, I dont know why. That expansion pack is alredy in keyboard I bought, and I dont know what type it is or how to move it to PC.
Regarding external style editor, I have been using CASMedit, which is very nice, but it is not supporting SFF2 files. So another conversion is required... Maybe I will try EMC.

Offline Volkmin

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 01:21:53 PM »
Can you send me a style, I can try to help with the +1 bass note. We can try to solve this. The problem is in the sample. Many of the lessons were made in a special way. I own maybe 2 interesting bass samples (Musicman) in different octaves. You should make a new collection of your sounds in the YEM manager, and then you can change bass instruments in problematic styles. I also have S770, I did it for myself.

The following users thanked this post: index.miro

Offline index.miro

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2017, 09:38:13 PM »
Volkmin, here it is - style and voice of that bass.
Thanks for your patience :)

The following users thanked this post: bmarcill

Offline Volkmin

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2017, 05:39:10 AM »
Here, up +1 octave for bass guitar

;)

Offline Volkmin

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2017, 07:26:01 AM »
In all the elements (I'm talking exclusively for the bass guitar) I have raised the octave instrument +1, other instruments I did not change. For that you can help yourself by using the sff2 converter. The owner of the software is Mr. Jørgen Sørensen. Bih thank for quality program to this components.

Offline ticktock

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2017, 11:37:35 AM »
Very interesting topic. Thank you for sharing.
Ted

Offline index.miro

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2017, 11:44:24 AM »
Volkmin, one more time thanks.
But still, this is not what I want... I can do that in keyboard - modify style so that this bass plays correctly. But this time all another (factory) basses play higher.
I would like to correct this one specific VOICE so that I can use it in any style without tweaking.

Offline Volkmin

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2017, 01:34:47 PM »
Is the T226 Basa file an internal sound, or is it a sample (frpm expansion voice)? I tried to put it on my S770, it does not allow any edit.  :-\

Offline index.miro

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2017, 02:18:45 PM »
It is expansion voice. I have found it in keyboard when I bought it. Internal basses sound OK, expansion ones go low...

Offline Volkmin

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2017, 04:05:07 PM »
Miro, in this case, it is not possible to edit that sample (it is locked). You will have to make your new set - to look for quality shifts. I have built two bass guitars for my needs, each has its own octave (high or low) in styles then only replaced one or the other. If you are interested, depending on what music you are playing, I can make one smaller set.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2017, 04:45:11 PM »
Buy a copy of StyleMagic... It will take all of 5 seconds to raise or lower the octve of a style Part.

http://www.midisoft.pl/en/

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Volkmin

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2017, 04:48:27 PM »
Joe, his problem is low octave from exp sample, not the style.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2017, 05:17:14 PM »
Joe, his problem is low octave from exp sample, not the style.

OK,

I see that now.  It CAN corrected with MIDI Octave shift, but also can be corrected in the YEM software at the "Element" level.

;)

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline index.miro

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2017, 05:12:32 AM »
Volkmin, I am quite familiar with everything on PSR, except expansions. I have bought PSR 770 with already installed some pack with one voice /bass/ I want to use. As I have said, this bass is 2 octaves (first i have thought 1 octave) lower. I want to use this bass in style.
I have installed YEM, but I don't know, whether it is possible to export pack from PSR to USB or PC.
It is OK that I could set different (2 octaves higher) range in style, but this is not good solution for me, because I want sometimes use bass from internal memory - and then it plays 2 octaves up.
Could you help me?

« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 05:13:38 AM by index.miro »

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2017, 05:50:56 AM »
As Volkmin has already said, you can not export an installed expansion pack from your PSR-S770 to USB, a computer, or anywhere else!

Furthermore, if you attempt to install another expansion pack on the S770, the expansion memory will be formatted and the pack that was already installed (which contains the voice you want to change) will be lost.

If you don't have an installation pack file ('.ppi' or 'cpi' for protected packs) of the currently installed expansion content on USB, then you will not be able to reinstall it again if you ever install a different pack!

Even if you do have a '.ppi' file for the pack, although you can use this to re install the pack to the keyboard in future, you can't load this type of file into YEM to edit the voices.   You can only import 'ppf' (project file) or '.cpf' packs (protected project file), into YEM.  If the previous owner did not supply you with one of these when you purchased the keyboard, then there is little that you can do, other than audio recording a series of notes played from the bass voice and using the resulting 'samples' to make a new voice in YEM.

Regards

Ian

Offline index.miro

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2017, 05:58:07 AM »
Ian, thank you for your clear explanation. I can live with it, but
it seems that I am going to look for original pack.
Miro