Author Topic: NashvilleBallad - Genos style (Tyros 4)  (Read 1353 times)

Offline erbis

NashvilleBallad - Genos style (Tyros 4)
« on: November 10, 2017, 08:34:03 AM »
Genos style adapted for Tyros 4.
NashvilleBald
And a new composition on this style.
Greetings
Ryszard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFC-XCJhLow&feature=youtu.be
Wojciech Kilar:"(...) has nothing more beautiful than infinitely endless sound or consonance, that this is precisely the deepest wisdom, not our tricks with sonata allegrem, fugue, harmony".

Offline Jeff Hollande

Re: NashvilleBallad - Genos style (Tyros 4)
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 08:38:29 AM »
Thank you so much ! :)

Jeff
DAWS MAC & WIN

The following users thanked this post: erbis

Offline Halesowen Kid

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 08:42:47 AM »
Thank you....

Offline porterma

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 10:36:28 AM »
Hi Ryszard,
Thank you for this converted style.

Mark

Offline Del B

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 10:40:43 AM »
Thank you Ryszard

Offline techlectics

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2017, 11:03:15 AM »
Thank you Ryszard.
Regards,
Bob W. (Techlectics)

Offline thomas750

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 12:31:35 PM »
Thank you Ryszard ;D ;D

thomas
I Play Three Keyboards

yamaha prs 770 and korg pa 700 and technis kn 2600

Online Joe H

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2017, 08:35:48 PM »
Very nice Richard!

:)

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Jan-Eve

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2017, 12:17:14 AM »
Thank you Richard! Nice!
Regards Jan - Eve.

Online robs68

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2017, 01:12:08 AM »
Thank you for sharing!

Offline pethep

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2017, 11:44:10 PM »
Thanks Ryszard
Dzieki 8)
Greetings
Peter

Beginner, earlier PSR-S900 now Tyros 5

Offline JohnStarbuck

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2017, 08:03:50 AM »
Thank you Ryszard!!!
Much appreciated.... from Nashville!
Best,
John

Offline Jørgen

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2017, 08:26:06 AM »
Hi Ryszard

Now, those mood killers claiming that Genos styles can not be converted - and never will sound properly anyway - listen carefully to this.

Ryszard... continue your excellent work ...  ;D ;D

Regards

Jørgen
The Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha
- since 1999

Offline Udo

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2017, 09:16:30 AM »

Hi Erbis,

a big THANK YOU

have a nice Sunday

Udo

Offline erbis

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2017, 09:34:30 AM »
Udo:)
All the pleasure on my side:)
Ryszard
Wojciech Kilar:"(...) has nothing more beautiful than infinitely endless sound or consonance, that this is precisely the deepest wisdom, not our tricks with sonata allegrem, fugue, harmony".

Offline XeeniX

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2017, 01:32:22 PM »
To whom it concerns,

To those people who keep saying the conversion isn't possible and/or will never sound like intended I like to say:
You're wrong. It doesn't and will never sound as good as on the keyboard it was ment for okay, but that doesn't mean it can still sound very good with the missing voices replaced. Now the main problem with converting the Genos style is(/are) the drum part(/s). You can not simply replace a REVO drum kit with a midi drum kit. Most of the time you'll end up with a drum part that makes jungle noises in almost every beat. I did however edit all drum parts manually and replaced those specific REVO events manually for 10 styles now. The result is astonishing (at least for me and a few others). I am not talking about my posts in the public part of the forum since those were only first attempts. I reworked those posted styles and did work on a few additional styles now. I posted them in the support/charter members area. No funny sound at all and except for the missing REVO quality there is absolutely nothing wrong with the drum sound anymore. For the rest of the missing voices goes the same.

No it will not sound as "fantastic" on a Tyros 5 and with every other downgrade it will sound a little less "fantastic"compared to the original on a Genos. It sounds still great though since we "lesser fortunate guys and galls" are used to the sounds present on our older keyboards. I think my conversions have the Tyros 5 preset quality when it comes to styles. And to be honest I think that quite a few of them converted Genos styles still sound much better then some of the T5 premium styles that I bought at Musicsoft. I say HURRAY! for Genos quality styles and HURRA! for Yamaha. They still make it possible for us to downgrade it's last styles and have some fun doing that and playing them :)

If you own a Genos why moan about these style conversions? I've heard a few people who had pre-ordered their Genos saying: Why do you criticasters spoil our fun while we are still eagerly awaiting our new toys? I've heard the same people after they received their Genos doing exactly the same to those who are converting the "precious" Genos styles? And I did mention the word "precious" on purpose here :) It does remind me of a certain character in a movie based on Tolkien's books. A very greedy and jealous character so to speak. As if these people can't stand the fact that they had to hand out a lot of money and now are irritated to see others who now can play with those new styles for free. Look at them and think my style will win hands on with sound quality and leave it at that. I think there's a saying that is pretty useful: Treat others like you would want to be treated. It would make the world a much better place for sure :)

The styles won't play as intended you say? I think they do exactly that. The intention was to make Yamaha customers happy  and that is exactly what they are doing :) I didn't and will not criticize the Genos. To each his own i'd say. It is for sure a great instrument with overall better sounds, gadgets and much more on board than any previous Yamaha arranger. But as said before and I'm not ashamed to admit that. The contents of my wallet is err converted downwards too much for me to be able to buy one if I would want one. Hence I will try and enjoy my Tyros 5 as much as possible and Genos presets help bigtime with that at the moment :D

kind regards,
Peter 8)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 05:10:04 PM by XeeniX »

-----
There’s no need to be perfect to inspire others. Let people get inspired by how you deal with your imperfections.
-----

The following users thanked this post: motifes

Offline Del B

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2017, 01:56:33 PM »
Peter & anyone else that converts these styles, Keep doing what you are doing for the members that appreciate your hard work, many people here are not as fortunate as others or will not put their selves into debt to buy a Genos (I am one of those), many people cannot even upgrade to a T5. Styles from the T5 were downgraded when that came out so others with older keyboards could enjoy these styles and what you are doing now is no different to back then.  Drake mentioned in a post a few weeks ago on the lines don't be too fed up with the Genos posts because it will be soon Christmas for everyone when the styles are converted and he was right. I look forward to your next batch of conversions Peter and the ones you have done already I have played on my T5 and I was very impressed with what you have acheived.

To whoever this applies
Please Note This forum is for all Yamaha keyboard owners not just for Genos owners, don't create negative issues towards members who help others enjoy what they have, because helping others is what this forum is about. If you don't like it that members will convert styles then don't read the post move on.

Regards
Del
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 02:09:46 PM by Del B »

Offline valimaties

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2017, 02:10:08 PM »
 ;D
 OMG  ... a lot of nerves  here ...
I don't realy care if some of Tyros users (or PSRs or whatever) have all the Genos styles converted... the idea is what you can do on Genos vs  Tyros. It's clearly we have to agree that styles made for Genos does not have the same sound on Tyros. Take a look of number of Inserts FXs on styles on Genos, vs Tyros. It's the enough criteria   ;)
Ok, I admit the write of style is the same, because nothing changed in Style Creator (major) as not be able a Tyros to read, but there are some parameters that makes "that" change ;)

Online Joe H

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2017, 04:41:07 PM »
RE: Style conversions...

I've remixed a lot of styles.  And they sound so different using other Voices... a bit better or a bit worse... depends on what you hear and your personal preferences.  When editing drum channels and change to a different Kit I then go and edit the drum note so it will play as the original percussion sounds. 

The original programming of a style is just someone's "interpretation".  If we re-mix a style ... it is OUR own interpretation of that style.

;)

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2017, 06:08:41 PM »
Keep it civil, guys - you only get one warning! :)

Gary :cool:
Love Those Yammies...

Offline Joe W

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2017, 06:28:58 PM »
There were several posts of members criticizing one another in this thread.  I say "were" because I've removed them all.  Personal attacks are frowned on in this forum.
-- Joe Waters
Tyros5
PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: Joe H, DavidB

Offline louwe46

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2017, 08:25:40 AM »
Irbis, gracias por Nashvilleballad. Recuerdos

Offline erbis

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2017, 08:33:04 AM »
Todo el placer de mi parte, louwe46
Te saludo cordialmente. Deja que tu estilo sea útil. Eso es suficiente.
erbis - Ryszard

The following users thanked this post: okeedokee

Online robs68

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2017, 01:00:08 PM »
Thank You For Sharing! 
Rob